Windows 10: How do I unlink the OneDrive Folder from File Explorer on Windows 11?

Discus and support How do I unlink the OneDrive Folder from File Explorer on Windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have already tried going into settings on the device, one drive, file explorer, the system registry, and checking the properties and advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PandaXD22, Dec 9, 2023.

1. PandaXD22 Win User

How do I unlink the OneDrive Folder from File Explorer on Windows 11?

I have already tried going into settings on the device, one drive, file explorer, the system registry, and checking the properties and advanced options. None of those work. Additionally, the folder opens in anew tab and doesn't open in the taskbar below.

:)

PandaXD22, Dec 9, 2023

2. Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

Hello there,

I am attempting to unlink the Pictures folder in Windows 10 from OneDrive. I have far too many pictures currently and don't want to have them eat up up space. I believe I was able to do it before I reformatted my computer, but it no longer lets me bypass it. I get a message saying Can't stop syncing folder.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

How do I unlink the OneDrive Folder from File Explorer on Windows 11? 312130d1608899418t-unlink-pictures-folder-onedrive-onedrive.png

LuLuLaMour, Dec 9, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2023
  4. How do I unlink the OneDrive Folder from File Explorer on Windows 11?

Windows 11 / OneDrive File Explorer Lag

Hi AuZZZie. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, specializing in Installation, Performance, Troubleshooting and Activation, here to help you.

First go into OneDrive Settings > Accounts tab, choose to Unlink from this PC. Restart PC, go into Start Menu apps list to open OneDrive, sign in and set it up again:

How to unlink OneDrive from Windows 11 computer

If that doesn't help try these fixes to Repair, reset and reinstall OneDrive in Windows 11:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-onedrive-i... (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro and Reimage ads)

https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/how_to_...

https://windowsloop.com/reinstall-onedrive-on-w...

https://thegeekpage.com/onedrive-is-not-syncing/

Feel free to ask back any questions. Please report back results for all steps given so I know what else to suggest if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP now Independent Advisor, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

How do I unlink the OneDrive Folder from File Explorer on Windows 11?

1. How do I unlink the OneDrive Folder from File Explorer on Windows 11? - Similar Threads - unlink OneDrive Folder

2. How do I unlink the OneDrive Folder from File Explorer on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlink the OneDrive Folder from File Explorer on Windows 11?: I have already tried going into settings on the device, one drive, file explorer, the system registry, and checking the properties and advanced options. None of those work. Additionally, the folder opens in anew tab and doesn't open in the taskbar below....
  3. Unlinking files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking files from OneDrive: A week ago I installed sims 4 on my pc. Onedrive automatically, which is annoying in itself, decided to link the sims files. I only have 5 GB in total on my personal onedrive, so you can imagine what kind of problem the sims gaming files will create..So, I did the steps I...
  4. Unlinking files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlinking files from OneDrive: A week ago I installed sims 4 on my pc. Onedrive automatically, which is annoying in itself, decided to link the sims files. I only have 5 GB in total on my personal onedrive, so you can imagine what kind of problem the sims gaming files will create..So, I did the steps I...
  5. How to unlink Photos folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlink Photos folder from OneDrive: Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, I can't get the on-device photos folder to not be linked with my OneDrive photos. My OneDrive storage fills up whenever I put anything into my Photos folder on my PC, and I feel like I've tried every setting to turn this off. I would...
  6. How to unlink Photos folder from OneDrive

How to unlink Photos folder from OneDrive: Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, I can't get the on-device photos folder to not be linked with my OneDrive photos. My OneDrive storage fills up whenever I put anything into my Photos folder on my PC, and I feel like I've tried every setting to turn this off. I would...
  7. How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive Windows 11: try to relocate the photos folder after reinstall windows 11, but doesn't allow me to do that, which the photos is linked to onedrive, which i cannot chnage anything, thanks for any help...
  8. How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive Windows 11

How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive Windows 11: try to relocate the photos folder after reinstall windows 11, but doesn't allow me to do that, which the photos is linked to onedrive, which i cannot chnage anything, thanks for any help...
  9. How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive: I can not move my Pictures folder out of OneDrive. When I try to change the location from the Properties window in Explorer, the error message I get is "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." And...
  10. unlinked onedrive deleted files from folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unlinked onedrive deleted files from folders: i expanded my onedrive to premium , unlinked it to change hard drive and after that all my data deleted from its folders , i got my desktop clear and documents folder lost its 3 gb of data , there are nothing in current folders or in the cloud , they are empty , how that is...