Windows 10: How do i update ALL DirectX versions on my Windows 10

Discus and support How do i update ALL DirectX versions on my Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometimes when i install games i get an error saying that a d3dx9_43.dll or something like that is missing and i know that it's got something to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alfa server, Oct 28, 2015.

1. How do i update ALL DirectX versions on my Windows 10

Sometimes when i install games i get an error saying that a d3dx9_43.dll or something like that is missing and i know that it's got something to do with DirectX. I don't know what the Latest version of DirectX is for Windows 10 but mine is version10 and through Google i discovered that there is already a version12 and i don't know how to update/install it. I tried downloading DirectX end-user runtime web installer Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center to update all versions (from 1 to latest) but i keep getting an error saying that "A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file is valid. " everytime i run the installer. Is there a way to fix this? How can i update to all (complete) DirectX versions? Someone please help.

:)

alfa server, Oct 28, 2015

2. Windows Update does not update my DirectX version.

I'm running Windows 10, and I'm trying to play a game that has a minimum requirement of DirectX version 11. Everyone on the internet says that Windows 10 comes with DirectX 11, but when I go into "dxdiag", my DirectX version is 10.1. Then I searched how
    to update my DirectX version and people say through Windows Update, but I've checked dozens of times for updates, sometimes I have some, but never has my DirectX version changed. What do I need to do to update my DirectX version?

MarshTheBacca, Oct 28, 2015
  3. JoeR1961 Win User
    Display Flickering issues possibly due to DirectX incompatibility?

My hardware only supports Directx 11.1. Windows 10 updated my runtime version to Directx 12. I am having display flickering issues. I believe (...I am hoping) that the issue is with Directx version incompatibility. How do I download/replace Directx 12
    with Directx 11.1 to accommodate my stated Hardware support limitation?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

JoeR1961, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

How do i update ALL DirectX versions on my Windows 10

On my Win10 Pro the applet DXDIAG [in the Run box] shows I have version 10.1 but it also shows I have 10.0, 9.3, 9.2 and 9.1 on the Display tab. A Search in the C: drive does not find a d3dx9_43.dll file. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4200 Add-in video card. I have seen issues on older computers about the *.cab file/s and usually they were on the CD that came with the video card. If the Notebook/Laptop is using the onboard/built-in video adapter [most do] you may need to check with Acer for updated drivers for it.

Berton, Oct 28, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do i update ALL DirectX versions on my Windows 10

1. How do i update ALL DirectX versions on my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - update DirectX versions

2. How do I fix my directx errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my directx errors: All of a sudden this past week my computer has begun to have issues. For example my computer can barely open edge sometimes or games.Whenever I go to open a program or game I receive a error message that will say this version of directx is not supported or failed to...
  3. How do I fix my directx errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my directx errors: All of a sudden this past week my computer has begun to have issues. For example my computer can barely open edge sometimes or games.Whenever I go to open a program or game I receive a error message that will say this version of directx is not supported or failed to...
  4. How do I repair DirectX 12 if the DirectX Installer says that I already have the last version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I repair DirectX 12 if the DirectX Installer says that I already have the last version: After running diagnostics, I have detected that one of the .dll components of DirectX 12 is corrupt, so I need to reinstall DirectX 12.The problem is that DirectX 12 comes pre-installed with Windows 10 and cannot be uninstalled. When I try to use the DirectX installer, it...
  5. How do I repair DirectX 12 if the DirectX Installer says that I already have the last version

How do I repair DirectX 12 if the DirectX Installer says that I already have the last version: After running diagnostics, I have detected that one of the .dll components of DirectX 12 is corrupt, so I need to reinstall DirectX 12.The problem is that DirectX 12 comes pre-installed with Windows 10 and cannot be uninstalled. When I try to use the DirectX installer, it...
  6. How do i change my directx version to 11 to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change my directx version to 11 to 10?: just to note out my English is bad so yeah, there might be errors on my spellings and don't ask why I want to change the version I want to change my directx version to 10 because I can't seem to play my favorite game without directx 10 and I have the 11 version also I tried...
  7. How do i change my directx version to 11 to 10?

How do i change my directx version to 11 to 10?: just to note out my English is bad so yeah, there might be errors on my spellings and don't ask why I want to change the version I want to change my directx version to 10 because I can't seem to play my favorite game without directx 10 and I have the 11 version also I tried...
  8. how do i downgrade from DirectX 12 to DirectX 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i downgrade from DirectX 12 to DirectX 10: how do i downgrade from DirectX 12 to DirectX 10? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-downgrade-from-directx-12-to-directx-10/0082210e-58fd-4ac4-b542-a75f0092168e
  9. How do I update Windows version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I update Windows version?: [ATTACH] I want to update my windows version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-windows-version/4b329be9-69ba-4d66-bd0c-5de7db7ef2fc
  10. Windows 10 Pro DirectX Version

Windows 10 Pro DirectX Version: Hi, can anyone please confirm what version of DirectX is installed in Windows 10 Pro and including Win 10 Pro's latest updates (as of June 29th 2016)? Cheers, Ian 54727