Windows 10: How do I update my BIOS?

Discus and support How do I update my BIOS? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear All, I am totally new to BIOS upgrading so please ignore if my question sounds too stupid. My current BIOS version is v1708- 24/10/2013. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by onlytanmoy, Jul 28, 2015.

1. How do I update my BIOS?

Dear All,
    I am totally new to BIOS upgrading so please ignore if my question sounds too stupid.
    My current BIOS version is v1708- 24/10/2013.
    When I checked my mobo's support site, i found that there are at least 6 versions of the BIOS that got released after v1708- the latest version being Version 2603- 2015/03/27.
    so, my query is can i directly update the mobo BIOS from v1708 to v2603 OR i need to update the previous versions i.e., (before 2603 and after 1708) one after the other? coz i am confused if i go by the first approach, will that also take care of the other fixes addressed by the previous releases?

Thanks,
    Troy.

:)

onlytanmoy, Jul 28, 2015

2. How do i update my Moto Q9h? I do not have 3G Network.

What do you mean by updates?

Linley Meslier, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Hazler Win User
    How do i update my Moto Q9h? I do not have 3G Network.

I was looking around for updates i can get for my phone on my computer but i cant find any. Can somebody help me and give me a link or something?

Hazler, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

How do I update my BIOS?

Mystere, Jul 28, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Usually you don't need to mess with the BIOS unless you have a specific issue which the newer updates on the manufacturer's website addresses. So unless you do have an issue, I wouldn't worry about it.

swarfega, Jul 28, 2015
  6. yea, that's the one in my specs...thanks for the link...i am aware of this utility.
    What i want to know is can i directly flash the latest BIOS version on my existing one or i need to flash all those versions that came after my installed BIOS version in a sequential fashion?

onlytanmoy, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    Unless it says otherwise, you can just flash the latest version. In fact, the utility probably will only let you flash the latest version.

Mystere, Jul 28, 2015
  8. How do I update my BIOS?

@Mystere>> thanks a lot for the clarification, mate. Marking this thread as 'solved'.

onlytanmoy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I update my BIOS?

1. How do I update my BIOS? - Similar Threads - update BIOS

2. I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios: a few moments ago I tried to update some drivers using lenovo vintage app from the Microsoft store and after my laptop restarted and when it booted back in it gave me blue screen with stop code : INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE. pls help?...
  3. I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios: a few moments ago I tried to update some drivers using lenovo vintage app from the Microsoft store and after my laptop restarted and when it booted back in it gave me blue screen with stop code : INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE. pls help?...
  4. I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows lost activation after BIOS update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lost activation after BIOS update.: I just updated my BIOS because I had some presumably memory compatibility-related issues resulting in a Blue Screen each time my PC went to sleep and was woken back up. It is a self built PC that has been running for about 2 years, getting the Windows 11 Update at some point....
  6. Windows lost activation after BIOS update.

Windows lost activation after BIOS update.: I just updated my BIOS because I had some presumably memory compatibility-related issues resulting in a Blue Screen each time my PC went to sleep and was woken back up. It is a self built PC that has been running for about 2 years, getting the Windows 11 Update at some point....
  7. Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA

Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA: Hello, I attempted to update the BIOS through the official Lenovo website, following the readme instructions provided. It took me to the BIOS where it displayed 'Program new data' and below that 'Write new boot block.' I waited for about 1-2 hours, but it didn't progress at...
  8. Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA: Hello, I attempted to update the BIOS through the official Lenovo website, following the readme instructions provided. It took me to the BIOS where it displayed 'Program new data' and below that 'Write new boot block.' I waited for about 1-2 hours, but it didn't progress at...
  9. Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Bios Update Broke Alot Of My Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios Update Broke Alot Of My Windows: I updated my bios due to a new exploit and wanted to be secure now I cant use windows hello pin at all if im signed into my Microsoft account had to convert my account to a local. It seems to work annoying but it works, but now I am unable to use the xbox app due to not being...