Windows 10: How do I update my windows 8 to a 10/ 11

Discus and support How do I update my windows 8 to a 10/ 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried setting and goggle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CC-887, Feb 22, 2024.

  1. CC-887 Win User

    How do I update my windows 8 to a 10/ 11


    I tried setting and goggle

    :)
     
    CC-887, Feb 22, 2024
    #1
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

    DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .
     
    Monk.e83, Feb 22, 2024
    #2
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

    I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

    "Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

    1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

    2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

    I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."


    It was a helpful post. Thanks!
     
    BlackHawk1, Feb 22, 2024
    #3
  4. btarunr Win User

    How do I update my windows 8 to a 10/ 11

    3DMark 11 v1.0.4 Released, Now Fully Compatible with Windows 8

    Futuremark updated 3DMark 11 to version 1.0.4, which makes the benchmark fully compatible with Windows 8. The update also addresses other compatibility issues and a few uncommon bugs. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version can be compared with scores from the previous version 3DMark 11 v1.0.3.


    How do I update my windows 8 to a 10/ 11 3dmark11_key_art_horizontal_logo_thm.jpg


    DOWNLOAD: 3DMark 11 v1.0.4
    Improvements:
    • Keyboard focus is no longer checked during the demo or when running the benchmark in a loop. Note that if the display switches to the desktop due to a popup window during the benchmark, the run will still be aborted as the display mode is no longer the same.
    • 3DMark 11 now remembers the last custom resolution used.
    • GPU count detection for multi-GPU systems is now correct even when SystemInfo is explicitly disabled.
    • 3DMark 11 will now prevent Windows from entering Sleep during the test.
    • The license key is now reset when the benchmark is reinstalled, allowing removal of invalid keys.
    Compatibility:
    • SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for full Windows 8 compatibility.
    • Updated DirectX redistributable.
    • Now using static Visual C++ 2010 runtime libraries to fix rare installation issues on some systems.
    • Removed dependency on EvaDotNet.dll and EvaDotNet.DirectX.dll for GPU enumeration to fix compatibility issues with some systems.
    Bug Fixes:
    • Fixed display initialization code that caused "SetFullscreenState failed: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE" errors on some systems.
    • Fixed several memory and texture leaks, improving stability during very long looping runs.
    • The HUD timer no longer rolls over if a single test takes more than ten minutes. (Yes, this could happen during the Combined Test on some low end DirectX 11 cards.)
    Professional Edition Only:
    • Fixed submitting saved files to 3dmark.com from the command line.
    • Image Quality Tool no longer gives a cryptic error if the output directory does not exist.
     
    btarunr, Feb 22, 2024
    #4
Thema:

How do I update my windows 8 to a 10/ 11

Loading...
  1. How do I update my windows 8 to a 10/ 11 - Similar Threads - update

  2. Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package: Microsoft has released the Windows 11 2026 Update, also known as Windows 11 version 26H2, as announced on September 29 in a Windows Experience Blog post by John Cable, Vice President of Product Management for Windows Servicing and Delivery. The update is available now for...
  3. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices: Microsoft has confirmed that recent Windows 11 updates can leave some devices on a black screen after sign-in, with the desktop session failing to load, according to a new entry on the Windows release health dashboard. The issue affects Windows 11 versions 24H2, 25H2, and...
  4. Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019: Microsoft has paused the rollout of KB5002907, an optional update for out-of-date Microsoft 365 Apps installations, after reports that it deactivated or, in some cases, completely removed perpetual Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 2019 installations on Windows PCs. The...
  5. Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates: Microsoft has fixed a known issue that stopped the File History backup feature from working on some Windows PCs after the September 2026 security updates were installed. The fix ships in the optional KB5124010 and KB5124006 cumulative updates for Windows 11, according to...
  6. Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections: Microsoft has confirmed that the security updates for Windows 11 which are scheduled for September 2026 may cause Always On VPN connections to fail, leaving the affected devices unable to access corporate networks. The company mentioned the issue in a Windows release health...
  7. Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures: To deal with the Remote Desktop Services (RDS) failures caused by the September 2026 security updates, as well as with Hyper-V and USB audio problems on certain versions of Windows, Microsoft has issued emergency out-of-band Windows updates. The September 2026 security...
  8. September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025

    in Windows 10 News
    September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025: Windows administrators have reported that the September 2026 cumulative updates are leading to failures of Remote Desktop Services (RDS) on Windows Server 2019, 2022, and 2025, which stops users from being able to connect and, in a number of instances, necessitates a hard...
  9. Grey screen after Update in Windows 11 [Fix]

    in Windows 10 News
    Grey screen after Update in Windows 11 [Fix]: [ATTACH]Microsoft regularly provides updates for Windows 11. These updates bring significant performance improvements, fix bugs, and introduce new features. It is okay to see some errors and issues while and after installing Windows updates, as they can be easily fixed. Some...
  10. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 KB5121003 Update Is Crashing Games and Rebooting PCs

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 KB5121003 Update Is Crashing Games and Rebooting PCs: Microsoft has acknowledged that its latest Patch Tuesday update for Windows 11 is causing games to crash on some systems. The KB5121003 update, released on August 11 for builds 26200.9168 and 26100.9168, introduces a bug that leads to game crashes with an...