Windows 10: How do I use my external monitor

Discus and support How do I use my external monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I paid for a Win 10 upgrade for my Dell Inspiron 6400. First off it wouldn't recognize my laptop as a 64bit computer, which didn't really matter as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Logjam, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Logjam Win User

How do I use my external monitor

I paid for a Win 10 upgrade for my Dell Inspiron 6400. First off it wouldn't recognize my laptop as a 64bit computer, which didn't really matter as I have only 2Gb memory anyway. It installed wonderfully quickly and I was able to use my Flatron 24" monitor by just using the fcn/F8 key on my laptop after booting. However, after receiving the 1st update, my Flatron is coming up with an error "Out of Range/88Mhz analog. Geez, I just don't know. Tried all the buttons and can't find the answer. I am using the laptop screen right now.*Sick

:)

Logjam, Oct 15, 2015

2. Desktop Icons Moving to Display 2

I have a laptop with and external monitor which i use as my primary monitor. I have it set as my main display in windows display settings and intel display settings. If I move the desktop icons to the external monitor, when i restart my computer, most
    of the icons will be on my laptop display and a few will remain on the external monitor. How do i fix this? I noticed that windows display settings still says my external monitor is 2 even though i have it checked as my main display, might this have something
    to do it. I have already preformed a SFC and the problem is still occuring. Please Help.

KeeganKelly, Oct 15, 2015
  3. I have a Surface Pro 3 docked with an external monitor. All is working fine with display on external monitor only, the SP3 screen is blank.

<Original title: start programs on external monitor>

I have a Surface Pro 3 docked with an external monitor. All is working fine with display on external monitor only, the SP3 screen is blank. I now want to have both screens on and have set Settings|Display to Extend these monitors. This works OK .....

... but when a program is launched it starts on the SP3 screen. I want it to launch on the external monitor - my main working monitor. I don't want to drag it from one monitor to another each time.

How do I launch programs on the external monitor?

Thanks

EshinGodfrey, Oct 15, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

In display settings, find your monitor settings and lower frequency down to 60.

How do I use my external monitor [​IMG]

CountMike, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

1. How do I use my external monitor - Similar Threads - external monitor

2. my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up?: my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up? Zoorui monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-monitor-will-not-come-up-on-the/65ddb6a9-d3c5-4767-b31f-ccc7bc78693f
  3. my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up?: my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up? Zoorui monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-monitor-will-not-come-up-on-the/65ddb6a9-d3c5-4767-b31f-ccc7bc78693f
  4. Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10: I am working on a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 that is running Windows 10. I am plugged into a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. I have two monitors connected to the docking station, which have work perfectly until this afternoon. My work laptop Dell Latitude 5430, also Windows 10 works...
  5. Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10: I am working on a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 that is running Windows 10. I am plugged into a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. I have two monitors connected to the docking station, which have work perfectly until this afternoon. My work laptop Dell Latitude 5430, also Windows 10 works...
  6. Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10

7. My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...: It's a brand new monitor Dell U4021QW. I;m fairloy sure my Intel Iris Plus graphics doesn't support the full resolution in anything but 30hz, but my assumption is it's try 60hz and failing because i got a warning on the monitor about input timings. but i just can't change it...
  8. My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...

My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...: It's a brand new monitor Dell U4021QW. I;m fairloy sure my Intel Iris Plus graphics doesn't support the full resolution in anything but 30hz, but my assumption is it's try 60hz and failing because i got a warning on the monitor about input timings. but i just can't change it...
  9. No display in external monitor on safe boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No display in external monitor on safe boot: My laptop screen is broken, so I use an external VGA monitor with the hdmi cable . . I searched on net for a solution and I found that safe booting would solve my problem. From msconfig I clicked on the safe boot option. After which I had to restart my PC. But after that I...
  10. No display in external monitor on safe boot

No display in external monitor on safe boot: My laptop screen is broken, so I use an external VGA monitor with the hdmi cable . . I searched on net for a solution and I found that safe booting would solve my problem. From msconfig I clicked on the safe boot option. After which I had to restart my PC. But after that I...