Windows 10: How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders

Discus and support How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to use task scheduler to setup periodic reminders and since I'd no idea how to do this I googled and tried this but no success. So how do I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gusgf, May 4, 2017.

1. Gusgf Win User

How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders

I want to use task scheduler to setup periodic reminders and since I'd no idea how to do this I googled and tried this but no success. So how do I do this. I'm trying to setup a reminder on a hourly or so basis to do exercises for RSI in my hands.
    Appreciate any help *Smile

:)

Gusgf, May 4, 2017

2. [Task Scheduler] Deprecated task setup on Windows 7 cannot be removed on Windows 10

Before updating to Windows 10, I had a task setup to remind me every hour to check my emails, using the "Display a Message" task type. When I updated to Windows 10, this task still existed, and so upon installation, it still runs every hour, I do not need
    this reminder anymore and attempted to delete it, however opening task scheduler presents me with a message telling me that "The selected task no longer exists. To see current tasks, click Refresh." After following some other guides on how to resolve this
    issue, it persists, and have no clue how to proceed from here.

LordMarkXD, May 4, 2017
  3. XikZ Win User
    Task Scheduler Hourly Task Fails to Run After Reboot, Properties Changed, etc.

• I do not know if they ever worked correctly since I just started paying attention with the latest Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade.

• Yes, all systems are now currently up to date with the latest updates. The system that restarted after updating installed Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3189866)

How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders [​IMG]

XikZ, May 4, 2017
  4. How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders

Just open it as shown below click on the first check mark and it will take you to the second image, then fill it in.

Josey Wales, May 4, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 4, 2017
  6. Gusgf Win User
    task scheduler error 2147750704

Got this error as unfortunately sending an email and displaying a message has been deprecated so the only option is to start a program like msg to display messages.

Hence tried suggestions here and none of them work for me.

Seriously this really should be easier and hassle free to do and MS seem to go out of their way to make the simplest of tasks painstakingly difficult!! Really pi@@es me off.

So unless someone has a solution that's actually been tried and tested this year then best leave it. Life is too short I'll look for an addon from somebody else.

Gusgf, May 5, 2017
  7. Gusgf Win User

Gusgf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders - Similar Threads - task scheduler setup

2. How can I add Repeat task every "4 hours" to task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add Repeat task every "4 hours" to task scheduler?: I'm running Win11Pro. Is there a registry hack or editing some system file which would allow me to set up tasks in the Task Scheduler such that in the advanced Trigger settings I could set this task to recur every 4 hours? I would add it could be extended to any number which...
  3. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?: I'm trying to start CUPID HWMonitor to start minimized on login. I can start it minimized through the shortcut properties, and I can start it poped-up on login, but I can't get it to start minimized through Task Scheduler. Using /background or start/ min does not work either....
  4. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?: I'm trying to start CUPID HWMonitor to start minimized on login. I can start it minimized through the shortcut properties, and I can start it poped-up on login, but I can't get it to start minimized through Task Scheduler. Using /background or start/ min does not work either....
  5. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I overwrite default settings used by Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I overwrite default settings used by Task Scheduler: I have an application i.e. ACCUPLACER Score Client that I am running which creates/deletes a task in the Windows Task Scheduler Library. When the application creates the task, it creates it with the default security settings of "Run only if user is logged on" and "Run with...
  7. How do I overwrite default settings used by Task Scheduler

How do I overwrite default settings used by Task Scheduler: I have an application i.e. ACCUPLACER Score Client that I am running which creates/deletes a task in the Windows Task Scheduler Library. When the application creates the task, it creates it with the default security settings of "Run only if user is logged on" and "Run with...
  8. Hourly Chime with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Hourly Chime with Task Scheduler: I have been trying to setup an hourly chime sound to stop my Logitech Z906 sound system from switching off when no activity on my computer. I copied this program that someone had used but cannot get it working on Task Scheduler.. Option Explicit Dim sound : sound =...
  9. Scheduled Tasks that run every hour

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Tasks that run every hour: I notice that there are several tasks that are scheduled to run every day every hour. Most notably HP, Epson, & GoogleUpdateTaskMachine. This seems a little excessive & I wonder if anyone feels this should be changed to once a week or something similar, without causing any...
  10. Task Scheduler will not run Vista WinCal.exe Reminders

Task Scheduler will not run Vista WinCal.exe Reminders: I prefer to use the old Vista WinCal.exe as a local calendar on my PC because it runs in the background and provides timely reminders of appointments and events without having to sign in to an e-mail account. I was able to set it up and have Task Scheduler run reminders on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hourly reminders windows 10 task scheduler

2. task scheduler every hour reminder

3. windows task sceduler hourly