Windows 10: How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders

Discus and support How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to use task scheduler to setup periodic reminders and since I'd no idea how to do this I googled and tried this but no success. So how do I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gusgf, May 4, 2017.

1. Gusgf Win User

How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders

I want to use task scheduler to setup periodic reminders and since I'd no idea how to do this I googled and tried this but no success. So how do I do this. I'm trying to setup a reminder on a hourly or so basis to do exercises for RSI in my hands.
    Appreciate any help *Smile

:)

Gusgf, May 4, 2017

2. [Task Scheduler] Deprecated task setup on Windows 7 cannot be removed on Windows 10

Before updating to Windows 10, I had a task setup to remind me every hour to check my emails, using the "Display a Message" task type. When I updated to Windows 10, this task still existed, and so upon installation, it still runs every hour, I do not need
    this reminder anymore and attempted to delete it, however opening task scheduler presents me with a message telling me that "The selected task no longer exists. To see current tasks, click Refresh." After following some other guides on how to resolve this
    issue, it persists, and have no clue how to proceed from here.

LordMarkXD, May 4, 2017
  3. XikZ Win User
    Task Scheduler Hourly Task Fails to Run After Reboot, Properties Changed, etc.

• I do not know if they ever worked correctly since I just started paying attention with the latest Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade.

• Yes, all systems are now currently up to date with the latest updates. The system that restarted after updating installed Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3189866)

How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders [​IMG]

XikZ, May 4, 2017
  4. How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders

Just open it as shown below click on the first check mark and it will take you to the second image, then fill it in.

Josey Wales, May 4, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 4, 2017
  6. Gusgf Win User
    task scheduler error 2147750704

Got this error as unfortunately sending an email and displaying a message has been deprecated so the only option is to start a program like msg to display messages.

Hence tried suggestions here and none of them work for me.

Seriously this really should be easier and hassle free to do and MS seem to go out of their way to make the simplest of tasks painstakingly difficult!! Really pi@@es me off.

So unless someone has a solution that's actually been tried and tested this year then best leave it. Life is too short I'll look for an addon from somebody else.

Gusgf, May 5, 2017
  7. Gusgf Win User

Gusgf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders - Similar Threads - task scheduler setup

2. how do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution?: How do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution? -- It seems to execute periodically during the day. -- This seems to cause cursor movement to hesitate and be jerky ....
  3. How to schedule repeating task in Microsoft To-Do app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to schedule repeating task in Microsoft To-Do app?: Hello I recently downloaded Microsfot To-Do app on my laptop and iPhone and I have two concerns 1- scheduling a task on a certain day and setting this task to be repeated everyday not showing this task on my day list in the next day 2- the app synchronized the tasks with...
  4. Scheduled Tasks that run every hour

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Tasks that run every hour: I notice that there are several tasks that are scheduled to run every day every hour. Most notably HP, Epson, & GoogleUpdateTaskMachine. This seems a little excessive & I wonder if anyone feels this should be changed to once a week or something similar, without causing any...
  5. How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  6. How do I re-create (restore) a task in Task Scheduler?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I re-create (restore) a task in Task Scheduler?: Once Windows 10 got itself updated to the Anniversary edition, I noticed there was some problem with the Family Safety feature - namely, whenever my kids asked me for a remote extension of the time limit, and I granted it, it simply wouldn't push through to the PC. So, an...
  7. Task Scheduler will not run Vista WinCal.exe Reminders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler will not run Vista WinCal.exe Reminders: I prefer to use the old Vista WinCal.exe as a local calendar on my PC because it runs in the background and provides timely reminders of appointments and events without having to sign in to an e-mail account. I was able to set it up and have Task Scheduler run reminders on...
  8. What script do I use in Task Scheduler to delay/minimize on startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    What script do I use in Task Scheduler to delay/minimize on startup?: I am creating a task in the task scheduler to delay the startup of OneDrive for 5 minutes and it is working but when it launches it is opening a window instead of minimizing or running in background. I am using "\minimize" as argument but it's not working. What do I use...
  9. How can i disable task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i disable task scheduler?: I want to be able to do the tasks when i want to so i dont need task sceduler but the only option that works changing the schedule startup to 4 but after a restart my taskbar is crippled does anyone know how to successfully turn it off? 75739
  10. How do I minimize onedrive with task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I minimize onedrive with task scheduler?: I like all my cloud service to start with a delay so my laptop starts and loads faster. I have OneDrive, Dropbox, Skype and Google Drive all starting with a delay in task scheduler but I cannot get OneDrive and Skype to start minimized! It's driving me crazy! I have the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows task sceduler hourly