Windows 10: How do I view 'Blocked sender' and 'Safe sender' List - Outlook.com?

Discus and support How do I view 'Blocked sender' and 'Safe sender' List - Outlook.com? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Background - Like a lot of people on here I have had/still having my share of junk emails. I have played around with 'Filters' until I'm blue in the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pdoth, Oct 3, 2017.

1. pdoth Win User

How do I view 'Blocked sender' and 'Safe sender' List - Outlook.com?

Background - Like a lot of people on here I have had/still having my share of junk emails. I have played around with 'Filters' until I'm blue in the face, and still they get through.

The latest 'beta' version of Outlook.com comes with a handy 'Block' button in the 'junk Email' section, HOWEVER, there does not seem to be anywhere to view either blocked senders or even Safe Senders. So how can I check what is going where?

The obvious place would have been 'Account Options' but no, no sign of either. As far as I can tell these 2 lists are nowhere to be found.

Has anybody else noticed this and/or found them?

Thanks

:)

pdoth, Oct 3, 2017

2. Unwanted emails still appearing even though I've blocked them!

I've followed the instructions for adding this sender to my blocked sender list. I keep marking them as junk and I've checked that the sender also isn't listed in my safe senders list but I keep getting frequent emails from this sender!

I'm not sure why/how. Is there anything else that I should be doing to stop these emails from coming into my inbox? I wouldn't mind so much but there are loads every day.

CharlotteF94, Oct 3, 2017
  3. windows10 mail app

Hello Douglas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about blocking sender option in Windows Mail App.

Method 1: How to block the sender.

I would like to inform that, Mail app is by design does not have option to block the sender, instead you can block the sender from Outlook account and same applies to Mail app as well.

If you want to add the sender of the certain email to your blocked senders list, kindly follow these steps:

• Sign in to your account.
    • Open or view the email you want to be blocked.
    • Click Sweep on the toolbar.
    • Select Delete all from…
    • Tick Also block future messages.
    • Click Delete all.
    This will also delete all messages from the sender.

Here’s how you can add the email address manually:

• Sign in to your account.
    • In the upper-right corner of the page, click
      wheel/cog icon
      , and then click on Options.
    • Under Preventing junk email, click
      Safe and blocked senders.
    • Click Blocked senders.
    • Under Blocked email address or domain:, type the email address where these emails came from.
    • Click Save.
    You may also provide your suggestions and feedback using the Feedback App in Windows 10. Just type Feedback in the search bar and click on it to get started.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 3, 2017
  4. How do I view 'Blocked sender' and 'Safe sender' List - Outlook.com?

Hi pdoth.

Ya a little gap there and its been reported in Feedback. You also seem to lose all control on "sweep" and that was a nice function.

Can you drop out of Beta by sliding switch that got you in. Then gear, option, under the heading Junk email.

I noticed yesterday if you unblock a person or domain their mail appears in Junk. You then have to go into junk and mark not junk.

This sort of makes sense as the old Block button would appear for items in junk and not inbox.

MS wants feedback on Beta, please join the cause and ask them WTF. So much functionality is being dropped. I guess if only a small percentage use then they are saying why are we maintaining. Maybe the plan will be to up sell to bought mail. Of course losing functionality that Gmail has will just mean a lot of good byes, I enjoyed our time together.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 3, 2017
  5. pdoth Win User
    Thanks Ken, I have got back a little more of my sanity by your comments. Its certainly scary to think these guys are in charge of Microsoft when they make 'simple' errors of judgements like this. Are we all doomed?

On a slightly different topic, there is also an issue with 'Conversations'. It just don't make any sense to hide the original message inside your reply in the In-Box. I had that cold sensation down the back a little while ago when I thought a VERY important email had disappeared down the back of motherboard only to find it tucked up with a bunch of other messages. If you are going to bundle everything up in one conversational least give us an easy way of unbundling it so we can see who said what to whom

pdoth, Oct 3, 2017
  6. Agree. I like message view, not conversation. They are all heading the way of conversation. In gmail on browser you can still choose but if you use gmail app on phone there is no choice. At least the last time I checked.

The suppliers are saying "You will change and you will like it !!!".

I wonder again out loud, is this the set up punch that has us being offered these "Features" in paid mail.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 3, 2017
  7. Jonw9 Win User
    It's aggravating that there's no longer a Safe Senders list. One of many conveniences that Microsoft keeps taking out. It seems that hundreds of complaints over multiple weeks on one item, such as Conversation mode, have no effect. I just don't understand why there is no interest in pleasing the users.

Jonw9, Nov 4, 2017
  8. How do I view 'Blocked sender' and 'Safe sender' List - Outlook.com?

Hi Jonw9.

Are you on Outlook.com and are you using the "Beta" version? If so report your issues and get out of the Beta.

I agree, if this Beta comes to market they are going to make a lot of clients unhappy for a lot of reasons.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I view 'Blocked sender' and 'Safe sender' List - Outlook.com?

1. How do I view 'Blocked sender' and 'Safe sender' List - Outlook.com? - Similar Threads - view 'Blocked sender'

2. find safe senders list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    find safe senders list: safe senders list - find https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-safe-senders-list/4ede8ccb-c794-4c5e-bc67-892c6a5651dc
  3. find safe senders list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    find safe senders list: safe senders list - find https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-safe-senders-list/4ede8ccb-c794-4c5e-bc67-892c6a5651dc
  4. find safe senders list

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do I find my blocked senders list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I find my blocked senders list: how do I find my blocked senders list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-blocked-senders-list/a5025aac-40fc-4af5-8f70-e6284d89fe64
  6. how do I find my blocked senders list

how do I find my blocked senders list: how do I find my blocked senders list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-blocked-senders-list/a5025aac-40fc-4af5-8f70-e6284d89fe64
  7. Blocked senders list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blocked senders list: I think I may have blocked a sender in error. Where is the blocked senders list, and how can I unblock if an error has been made? Thanks for your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-senders-list/7383c35a-b0e8-4bd3-8513-270adf4ac6b9
  8. Adding a safe sender to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Adding a safe sender to Outlook: I am running the free Outlook and a friend whose mail always came to my inbox had suddenly been starting to be dumped in Junk mail. I have been through all the settings yet cannot get that person added to my list of safe senders - any ideas please greatly appreciated. 149151
  9. Safe Senders List

Safe Senders List: Can someone please tell me how to add emails to the safe sender's list? Im using Windows 10Pro and every single instructions (even on the Microsoft website) that I us, I am not able to follow. I can open my junk email but how do I get to the junk email settings? This is...
  10. Blocked Senders List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocked Senders List: Old versions of Windows made it very easy to erase the blocked senders list. With Windows 10, I find all kinds of instructions that involved editing the registry. I am using Outlook.com for mail. One piece of advice is to find Windows Mail in the registry. I follow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. safe senders list

2. delete safe senders list windows 10

3. view safe senders list outlook 2007

4. windows 10 outlook: where is the safe senders list found,
  5. view safe senders list,
  6. why do I get view blocked senders list when I try to block junk mail?,
  7. under preventing junk email click safe and blocked senders,
  8. safe senders list windows 10,
  9. my list of safe senders in w10 mail has disappered