Windows 10: How do I view pics from hard drive thats in a hard drive USB enclosure

Discus and support How do I view pics from hard drive thats in a hard drive USB enclosure in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a hard drive off of a non-working laptop that had Windows 10 on it. I am just wanting to get some files off of the hard drive instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZQ8 Blazer, Nov 29, 2016.

1. How do I view pics from hard drive thats in a hard drive USB enclosure

I have a hard drive off of a non-working laptop that had Windows 10 on it. I am just wanting to get some files off of the hard drive instead of repairing the laptop since it's fairly old. I have put the hard drive into a USB hard drive enclosure and plugged it into my Windows 10 laptop. The hard drive displays and I can select folders and stuff, but when I go to Users it has Default and Public. When I click on both neither have any documents, pictures, videos, etc in their corresponding folders. What am I doing wrong?

:)

ZQ8 Blazer, Nov 29, 2016

2. Boot menu and Windows boot manager

The external hard drive was my original hard drive when i got this desktop. Mounted in an enclosure and connected to a USB port. The hard drive shows in this pc. So it came with Windows 10 Pro 64 from the factory. I created a Media Recovery on a flash
    drive using this hard drive.When I decided to go to a SSD I installed the hard drive and powered up the desktop and did a clean install using the Media Recovery that I made using the 1st hard drive. At no time were the 2 hard drives connected simultaneously
    until I got the enclosure and installed it in the enclosure and then hooked it up using the USB.

richardwaltonTA, Nov 29, 2016
  3. Time Lady Win User
    I have a hard drive from a scrapped computer that I want to use as a spare drive outside the new computer. How do I initialize it

Hello Gordon, I’m Virginia a volunteer on this site.

You’ll require a USB enclosure for the hard drive, place said HD in the enclosure & connect to PC via the USB cable, then you can either reformat the hard drive or for a deeper clean use diskpart command.

There’s enclosures for laptop (2.5”) & desktop (3.5”) hard drives.

Time Lady, Nov 29, 2016
  4. Corelogik Win User

How do I view pics from hard drive thats in a hard drive USB enclosure

Have you tried enabling "show hidden files" in Explorer view options? Also check to see if the drive is partitioned into more than one partition. THe user folders could be on a different partition than C:\.

Corelogik, Nov 29, 2016
  5. essenbe Win User
    There should be a folder under Users\your user name.

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I view pics from hard drive thats in a hard drive USB enclosure

1. How do I view pics from hard drive thats in a hard drive USB enclosure - Similar Threads - view pics hard

2. How do I reinstall Windows 11 From A USB Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 From A USB Hard Drive?: I want to reinstall Windows 11 but I have Linux installed as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-windows-11-from-a-usb-hard/f16189c1-f3aa-4556-a994-a895a71798ed
  3. USB Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Hard drive: I have just started to get this error Device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_ASMT&Prod_2235&Rev_0#093458FA5D9A&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b} requires further installation.The device is under device manager but not showing under Disk Management for file...
  4. Formatting Hard Drive in External Enclosure

Formatting Hard Drive in External Enclosure: Hello All Wanted to format a Hard drive in external enclosure, and swap out a very old drive in Mom's Desktop machine, ((No room for SSD in that system unforuately, Older HP P6-2133W AMD A6-3620 Desktop) Anyways dummy me started the task on Secondary Gaming Laptop PC, so far...
  5. USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive: I'm having a hard time finding which USB ports on my laptop and its dock are v3 or v2 (or less possibly), but when I tried two different ports (I think one is v3), they both seemed to transfer at about 150KBps... which seems slow even for USB v2. I'm copying files from an...
  6. How do I copy photos from my hard drive to a USB flash drive?

How do I copy photos from my hard drive to a USB flash drive?: How do I copy photos from my hard drive to a USB flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-photos-from-my-hard-drive-to-a-usb/f24f8778-8e5b-4381-8274-2426dfe7f654
  7. Return pics to pc hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Return pics to pc hard drive: how do I remove pics folder from one drive and put back on my pc. I just wanted to put my documents on one drive, but when I signed back in to one drive, it tried to move everything and now my pics are in no man's land....
  8. Boot from usb hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from usb hard drive?: I have an external hard drive that I use for backups. Is it possible to install Windows to the drive and then use it as an alternative boot drive? 133574
  9. USB 3.0 Hard drive enclosure stalling at random moments.

USB 3.0 Hard drive enclosure stalling at random moments.: I bought an Inateck USB 3.0 hard drive enclosure to use with a SATA hard drive as a backup. I used it to put system image backups of my main C drive on (using Windows Backup and Restore, as well as Macrium Reflect). During one backup session with Windows Backup and Restore,...
  10. Recover personal files from hard drive using USB enclosure.

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover personal files from hard drive using USB enclosure.: My friend has been using AutoCAD on fairly new Windows 10 install. No problems till today when he got an error stating he needed to reinstall the OS. I didn't see the error before he shut down. To be safe he pulled his hard drive and asked me to backup his personal files...