Windows 10: How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?

Discus and support How do make programs run at startup on standard user account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So, I use standard windows account as my main one and invoke admin account only when needed. This works great as I don't need admin rights for the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by raava, May 6, 2018.

1. raava Win User

How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?

So, I use standard windows account as my main one and invoke admin account only when needed. This works great as I don't need admin rights for the majority of the stuff I do on my rig (gaming, listening to music, web browsing, etc)..however the problem is two of the programs I've installed recently won't startup with Windows when I'm logged in as a standard user. (They startup fine when I'm logged in as admin.)

I added the shortcuts to Shell:startup under standard user but no joy. Is there anyway to get this working?

Thank you.

:)

raava, May 6, 2018
Thema:

How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?

1. How do make programs run at startup on standard user account? - Similar Threads - programs run startup

2. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  3. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  4. How to install programs on a standard user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to install programs on a standard user?: I was always using admin account but I've heard that it's not a recommended way to use system for security reasons. So I did a fresh Windows 10 install and created an additional standard user. And I encounter many problems: Some programs that I install on a standard user,...
  5. How do I force a program to run as admin, on a standard user account, without a prompt,...

How do I force a program to run as admin, on a standard user account, without a prompt,...: Basically I want a program to always run as admin, but I want to do this without triggering the password prompt. I want to avoid using /savecred because as I understand it, this would allow a user to use that power on any program. I need it isolated to the specific programs I...
  6. How do I find this program that's running on startup?

How do I find this program that's running on startup?: I found this on startup, but I don't remember installing it. https://i.imgur.com/D353XMO.png I'd like to uninstall it, but it doesn't show up on programs and I can't find its location. I could disable it on startup, but I want to know where it is so I can uninstall....
  7. Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User: I have both an administrator and standard account on my laptop. I use the standard account for every general task and do not use the administrator account unless absolutely needed. There are two pieces of software I want to run at startup every time either my standard account...
  8. Cannot make a program to run at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot make a program to run at startup: I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan [img] It also appears in the startup tab on Task Manager [img] But I doesn't work. The program default behavior is to open minimized as an icon in tray (it works...
  9. Cannot make a program to run at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot make a program to run at startup: I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan [img] It also appears in the startup tab on Task Manager [img] But I doesn't work. The program default behavior is to open minimized as an icon in tray (it works...
  10. How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?: Sent you a pm. Let us know if it works.