Windows 10: How do set a printer up to print 8.5 X 11 and not side by side?

Discus and support How do set a printer up to print 8.5 X 11 and not side by side? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've added a WIFI printer which will only print side by side....the preview shows a standard setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobNee, Aug 25, 2018.

1. BobNee Win User

How do set a printer up to print 8.5 X 11 and not side by side?

I've added a WIFI printer which will only print side by side....the preview shows a standard setup

:)

BobNee, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

• Remove the printer device.
    • Add a Printer
    • The printer that I want isn’t listed
    • Select a shared printer by name
    • Browse
    • Select the displayed Machine 1.
    • Select the displayed Printer.
    • Next
    • Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    • Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    • Next
    • Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    • Detecting TCP/IP Port
    • Additional Port information required.
    • Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    • Next
    • Detecting the Driver Model
    • Install The Print Driver
    • Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    • Next
    • Replace the Current Driver
    • Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    • Next
    • Do not share this printer
    • Next
    • You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    • Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Aug 25, 2018
  3. printing 81/2" x 11" prints

I have windows 10 and a HP Photosmart 5520 printer.

I MUST print some photos 81/2" x 11" on canvas, but I can't figure out how to get that size. The biggest I can find is 8 x 10.

Can anyone help?

jimduncanWS, Aug 25, 2018
  4. How do set a printer up to print 8.5 X 11 and not side by side?

No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

How do set a printer up to print 8.5 X 11 and not side by side?

1. How do set a printer up to print 8.5 X 11 and not side by side? - Similar Threads - set printer print

2. double sided printing hp printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    double sided printing hp printer: double sided printing hp printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-sided-printing-hp-printer/6607cd96-5a9b-4437-b287-e3fac7d952f2
  3. double sided printing hp printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    double sided printing hp printer: double sided printing hp printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-sided-printing-hp-printer/6607cd96-5a9b-4437-b287-e3fac7d952f2
  4. How to print single side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to print single side: When I print, I get double-sided pages. How set Word to print single-sided?[Original Title: Printing] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-print-single-side/f25c34f8-9293-499f-80bc-a4a1a055bd24
  5. My printer is set for double-sided printing. I need to change that option to single-sided....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My printer is set for double-sided printing. I need to change that option to single-sided....: My printer is set for double-sided printing. I need to change that option to single-sided. Help me, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-set-for-double-sided-printing-i-need/d05960f4-b4bb-4629-a008-8bd685e1d606
  6. Redirected printer printing double sided

Redirected printer printing double sided: I am using an iMac at home and logging in through Microsoft RDP to access my work computer. I have a Canon MG6620 printer. It is showing up as a redirected printer when I log in remotely to my work computer which is operating on Windows 10. When I print anything, it is...
  7. How do I Change Xerox 3320 printer from Double sided to single sided printing?

How do I Change Xerox 3320 printer from Double sided to single sided printing?: I have tried to change settings but it still says"Two sided" printing in Xerox printer settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-xerox-3320-printer-from-double/e63548ab-64d1-42b6-8b3f-cb63b80cd426
  8. How do I print on both sides?

How do I print on both sides?: How do I print on both sides of paper? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-print-on-both-sides/05a2aa87-3056-4740-9f93-741fa95d0dd0
  9. Printer not printing both sides of paper

Printer not printing both sides of paper: Hi I have a new ASUS UX305CA laptop preloaded with W10. It recognised my old Epson Stylus SX415 printer but will not act on selection to print both sides of paper. I seem to have the most up to date driver and I've tried removing and re-installing to no effect. Worked OK...
  10. Side X Side

in Windows 10 Support
    Side X Side: When I click on Show Windows side by side, It shows Windows stacked. When I click on show stacked, It shows stacked. 35459

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i set my printer to print on 8.5 x 5.5 ?

2. why is my printer set to 8.5 x 8.5

3. DOES A PHOTOSMART PRINTER LIST 8.5 X 11 PAPER?

4. side by side printer setting ,
  5. how to set printer to 8.5 x 11,
  6. printer will not print 8.5 X 11