Windows 10: How do you alphabetize the pinned tiles in the Start Menu?

Discus and support How do you alphabetize the pinned tiles in the Start Menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Each time I pin a new program, it shows up at the bottom of the list. Is there a way to alphabetize this list automatically, instead of doing it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nakashita, May 5, 2016.

1. nakashita Win User

How do you alphabetize the pinned tiles in the Start Menu?

Each time I pin a new program, it shows up at the bottom of the list. Is there a way to alphabetize this list automatically, instead of doing it manually? Thanks

:)

nakashita, May 5, 2016
  2. VishalV Win User

Can't pin an app to start

I mistakenly deleted an app tile from the start page. It still appears in the alphabetical list, but "pin to start" is greyed out now.

How do I undo this mistake please?

VishalV, May 5, 2016
  3. Can't pin Phone app to start

I mistakenly deleted Phone app tile from the start page. It still appears in the alphabetical list, but "pin to start" is greyed out now.
    How do I undo this mistake please?

Riverking1, May 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Don't believe that's possible- customisation isn't a strong suit where the start menu is concerned.

Perhaps one of the start menu replacements allows this?

dalchina, May 7, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    For now, the only way is to move the tiles manually.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you alphabetize the pinned tiles in the Start Menu? - Similar Threads - alphabetize pinned tiles

2. start menu pinned tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  3. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  4. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  5. How do I move tiles in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I move tiles in the start menu?: Drag and drop doesn't do anything, the tile just disappears an reappears when I release the mouse. 21577
  6. Alphabets in my Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabets in my Start menu: Hi, Curious if anybody knows of a way to turn off the Alphabet letters in the start menu. I know if I click on them they bring up all of the letters and it lets' me get to the letter in question but I've got a hyperscroll mouse so it only takes one flick to get from one...
  7. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  8. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...
  9. Start menu not in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not in alphabetical order: Hello, I normally organize and rename the shortcuts in the start menu (in the folder ...\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) to shorter or more memorable names. However, my start menu is not in alphabetical order anymore. For example: I've renamed "Adobe Photoshop...
  10. How do you pin the control panel to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you pin the control panel to the start menu?: I find the control panel is a bit awkward to find and usually just luck that I find it on advanced setting for something to other. Is there any way to have the full control panel (not that settings nonsense) on the start menu, pin or otherwise? I can pin it to the task bar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can I alphabetize PC tiles?

2. ALPHABETIZE PINNED TILES IN WINDOWS 10

3. alphabnedtize start tiles