Windows 10: How do you arrange files by month?

Discus and support How do you arrange files by month? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just downloaded 10. How do you sort files (photos) by month? 17943 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tracyree, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Tracyree Win User

How do you arrange files by month?

Just downloaded 10. How do you sort files (photos) by month?

:)

Tracyree, Aug 19, 2015

2. How do you arrange items by day?

I, like hundreds of thousands of other people, just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Over all it’s a great operating system. There is one feature I can’t find though. I need to be able to arrange images by day. This option was easy to find in Windows
    7. If I was in a Library folder (I.e. Pictures, Documents, extra) all I have to do is click on the “Arrange by” button (as seen below). I found

this
    Microsoft how-to page witch mentions the “Arrange by” button, but it only applies to Windows 7. Can someone please help me enable this feature in Windows 10?

How do you arrange files by month? [​IMG]

moon.man751, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Syed N Win User
    How do you arrange items by day?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

"Arrange by" option is no more listed in the Windows Explorer tool bar.

The option is available as mentioned below.

• Right click on the empty space in the Library (like in the Pictures folder.)
    • Click Arrange by, from here you can sort the libraries in the way you were able to do it in Windows 7.
    Do reply if you have more questions.

Syed N, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

You don't. Maybe with a File Explorer replacement, no other way I can think of.

Ztruker, Aug 21, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    In Libraries\Pictures:

How do you arrange files by month? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. How do you arrange files by month? - Similar Threads - arrange files month

2. how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...: How do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sort files within folders on Windows 10build 1826?This appears to be a registry issue that Windows 10 changed in the last few updates. I updated to the latest Windows 10 creation build and now ALL my files are misplaced...
  3. how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...: How do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sort files within folders on Windows 10build 1826?This appears to be a registry issue that Windows 10 changed in the last few updates. I updated to the latest Windows 10 creation build and now ALL my files are misplaced...
  4. how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you prevent Windows from "forgetting" your Desktop arrangement?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you prevent Windows from "forgetting" your Desktop arrangement?: Whenever I wake my PC from sleep, I get an error telling me that my desktop folder is inaccessible. Everything is missing but the Recycle bin. Then after a short while, my files will reappear probably my HDDs are still warming up and are not yet ready when requested by the...
  6. Libraries - Arrange by Month

Libraries - Arrange by Month: In a Libraries->Pictures folder, if I arrange by Folder, my files are shown. If I arrange by Month, they are not.Some things I've tried after reading similar posts:-Rebooted-Created a new local test account-Created a new test folder and added to the librarySame results with a...
  7. Arrange / group / sort by month is missing

Arrange / group / sort by month is missing: I cannot find the "month" selection under More... Details. The latest version does not have that selection. Please add it back! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arrange-group-sort-by-month-is-missing/510377a2-4798-4927-8caf-15722849069b
  8. File Arrangement

File Arrangement: How do I manually change the order of files in a folder? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-arrangement/3d707450-b677-493b-b594-e822985a3c39
  9. How to arrange photos by month in Windows 10

How to arrange photos by month in Windows 10: I want to arrange photos by month using Windows 10. None of the answers I have researched work on my computer. I find no option other than "arrange by date" (taken, modified, saved)....
  10. How do you arrange firefox folders in abc order?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you arrange firefox folders in abc order?: [img] As can be seen from my snip, my folders are not in alphabetical order. Is there a way to do this? I can arrange the files in the folders that way, but they don't stay...next time I go back they're in random order again. On my Vista desktop, I can arrange both folders...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arrange files by month

2. how to arrange files by month

3. arranging filies by month

4. how do i arrange files by months,
  5. ARRANGRING BY MONTH