Windows 10: How do you change language settings for non-unicode programs in Win10?

Discus and support How do you change language settings for non-unicode programs in Win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installed a chinese application earlier called Kuwo Music Player. I have been using this particular application for quite some time and today is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TSnTH, Sep 2, 2015.

1. TSnTH Win User

How do you change language settings for non-unicode programs in Win10?

Installed a chinese application earlier called Kuwo Music Player. I have been using this particular application for quite some time and today is the first occasion where I decided to give it a go on Windows 10 too. Then came the problem, I realised that the settings to change the system locale ( this is necessary otherwise the chinese characters cannot be displayed) is no longer where it was in Windows 7/8. I too couldn't find any helpful results on the Internet. So hopefully someone knows where I can find and change that setting, or any other working solution would do. Thanks in advance.

:)

TSnTH, Sep 2, 2015

2. How to customize Console's fonts in Windows 10

Hi, Jingfei.

It looks like you have installed the Simplified Chinese version of Windows. Do you need to display Chinese text in the console?

If not, and if you don't run legacy Chinese apps that use code page 936 text encoding instead of Unicode, then one option for you is to change the "Language for non-Unicode programs" setting to any language other than Chinese, Japanese or Korean.

To change that setting:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Enter "intl.cpl" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter. This will option the Region control panel dialog.
    • Click on the Administrative tab.
    • In the "Language for non-Unicode programs" section, click the button, Change system locale...

PeterCon [MSFT], Sep 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Creators Update - Gibberish in some apps

I think you misunderstood something. No one claimed it being "a problem only for non-unicode apps", it was with all programs using these specific fonts "on systems where a non-unicode language is set as System Locale" (and if we'd change back the System
    Locale to English these non unicode apps will not be displayed correctly, of course.)

Yisroel Tech, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Setting the System Locale for non-Unicode programs is in Windows 10 in exactly the same place as it was in Windows 7 & 8:

How do you change language settings for non-unicode programs in Win10? [​IMG]

Kari, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Hella666 Win User
    It's easy when you know that you need to press Win+X to open the old-style Control Panel. It's NOT obvious when you start with W10.

Hella666, Jul 23, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    You can also type "Control Panel" into Cortana and go straight there. Ditto for "Region" to go straight to that Control Panel element.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you change language settings for non-unicode programs in Win10? - Similar Threads - change language settings

2. Change Current Language for non-unicode Programs to Japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Current Language for non-unicode Programs to Japanese: Hi All,I have tried to change the Non-Unicode Programs language to Japanese via Unattend.xml file from SCCM Imaging Task Sequence. But not changed Non-Unicode Programs still in English.My XML Code :<SetupUILanguage> <UILanguage>ja-JP</UILanguage> </SetupUILanguage>...
  3. Change Current Language for non-unicode Programs to Japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Current Language for non-unicode Programs to Japanese: Hi All,I have tried to change the Non-Unicode Programs language to Japanese via Unattend.xml file from SCCM Imaging Task Sequence. But not changed Non-Unicode Programs still in English.My XML Code :<SetupUILanguage> <UILanguage>ja-JP</UILanguage> </SetupUILanguage>...
  4. language for non-unicode programs windows 10 - Namibia not supported

in Windows 10 Customization
    language for non-unicode programs windows 10 - Namibia not supported: Hi, Good day.I'm having a problem with my accounting software. It seems to be using language for non-unicode programs - to override my currency settings. That wouldn't be a problem if Namibia was included in the list. As a result of it not being in the list, i CAN NOT change...
  5. How do you change font language?

How do you change font language?: I downloaded a font Kalam from free google fonts to be used on my Dell windows laptop. It was in English when I downloaded it, but when I tried to set it as my default font, it shows up in another language. How do I fix this?...
  6. I can't access the change system locale under language for non - unicode programs

I can't access the change system locale under language for non - unicode programs: i need to change the system locale under language for non unicode programs, but when i click the button nothing happens, not even an error button, and i cant adjust user account control settings same thing, no error just a loading mouse for half a second for some reason. if...
  7. How to change language for non-Unicode program on Winpe?

How to change language for non-Unicode program on Winpe?: Could anyone help me with the problem, I've been addressing it for a whole day but turned out no luck, I'm not so familiar with Command Line. My download is Hiren's Boot CD based on Winpe 10, is English language display version, but also the language display for non Unicode...
  8. Unicode language settings

Unicode language settings: Hi! I have a rather strange question to you guys! So the basic problem: The region of my system is set to Hungary, and the language set to English I like to use windows in English. I'm using a CAD software named PTC CREO Schematics 3.0 and it uses the same encoding as the...
  9. Non-Unicode language

Non-Unicode language: My Quicken 2017 program asks for me to change the language in the Control Panel to non-Unicode language. I can't find that possibility anywhere in the control panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-unicode-language/a13fb189-eb1b-4d7d-8d20-d52552ad17bc
  10. Non-Unicode on Windows 10 single language.

in Windows 10 Support
    Non-Unicode on Windows 10 single language.: I might buy a new laptop that comes with WIndows 10 home single language, My only question is if the "single lang" vwill let me change the system locale to run non-unicode progams? Sorry I couldn't find any other topic realted to this specifically. 43339

Users found this page by searching for:

1. non unicode progams

2. How do you change language settings for non-unicode programs gpo