Windows 10: How do you change these in MS Edge?

Discus and support How do you change these in MS Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So far I'm not excited about Microsoft Edge. I can't figure out how to add sites to "Top Sites" & how to change the default My News Feed to another... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by GARoss, Jul 29, 2015.

1. GARoss Win User

How do you change these in MS Edge?

So far I'm not excited about Microsoft Edge. I can't figure out how to add sites to "Top Sites" & how to change the default My News Feed to another site. Anyone know how?

How do you change these in MS Edge? [​IMG]

:)

GARoss, Jul 29, 2015

2. How do you change the compatibility view in MS Edge?

What does that mean? For example, in InPrivate Browsing mode (Ctrl-Shift-P) and not allowing any suggestions and not typing any protocol prefix, Edge still redirected that
    string here

Microsoft Community

YMMV.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jul 29, 2015
  3. How do you change the compatibility view in MS Edge?

Hello Ron,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

To make Microsoft Edge a faster, smoother browsing experience, it was designed to use the latest technologies. If the website you are trying to view uses older technologies, such as certain types of frames or ActiveX controls,
    it won’t display correctly in Edge.

Note: If you face any issues opening
    the websites on the EDGE browser, you may open the websites using Internet Explorer. On the EDGE browser, click on
    (…) button on the top right corner and select Open with Internet Explorer. This will help you to access the websites.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sahil Bali, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Akane Win User

Sorry I don't have English version :/

but It should be the same

Akane, Jul 29, 2015
  5. GARoss Win User
    I've tried this but nothing changes. What I'd like to do is place sites I like, not what Microsoft likes.

GARoss, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Akane Win User
    Akane, Jul 29, 2015
  7. GARoss Win User
    Sorry but none of those suggestions work. I don't think Edge is ready for primetime yet.

GARoss, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

The home tab cannot be set to a different feed other than MSN. This is likely because it requires feeds to be formatted correctly to fit the format. This may change if other providers decide they want to provide content for this.

The Top Sites, is actually just "most frequently used" sites. If you don't want a site in that list, right click on it and choose remove. Eventually your top sites you visit will all be listed.

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  9. GARoss Win User
    With as many sites I have visited, none appear in Top Sites.

Now Edge refuses to connect to my @me.com account & Facebook even though I can enter these sites using Chrome & the same password.

GARoss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you change these in MS Edge? - Similar Threads - change Edge

2. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  3. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  4. How to change my allignment from right to left on edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my allignment from right to left on edge.: I know that you can do it by pressing ctrl shift left or right, but when I type in Arabic it doesn't display the world only if I type it backwards then it displays the word....
  5. How to change my allignment from right to left on edge.

How to change my allignment from right to left on edge.: I know that you can do it by pressing ctrl shift left or right, but when I type in Arabic it doesn't display the world only if I type it backwards then it displays the word....
  6. Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.: I was trying to do reagentc /enable in the SMD after formating my Disk because I was having trouble installing the new security update. But it says that Windows RE wasn´t found, but, somehow, the .XML file changed their file type to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' I'd like to...
  7. Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.

Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.: I was trying to do reagentc /enable in the SMD after formating my Disk because I was having trouble installing the new security update. But it says that Windows RE wasn´t found, but, somehow, the .XML file changed their file type to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' I'd like to...
  8. Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Whats the necessary change this article is talking about for IE to stop opening Edge?

Whats the necessary change this article is talking about for IE to stop opening Edge?: https://www.process.st/how-to/stop-microsoft-edge-from-opening-when-i-open-internet-explorer/I finished reading the above paragraph but I don't see what to do after accessing the internet options???????????...
  10. Whats the necessary change this article is talking about for IE to stop opening Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whats the necessary change this article is talking about for IE to stop opening Edge?: https://www.process.st/how-to/stop-microsoft-edge-from-opening-when-i-open-internet-explorer/I finished reading the above paragraph but I don't see what to do after accessing the internet options???????????...