Windows 10: how do you disable restart automatic repair option ?

Discus and support how do you disable restart automatic repair option ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried the bcedit option only to get the following result Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.137] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YvesMarcotte, Jul 6, 2018.

1. how do you disable restart automatic repair option ?

I tried the bcedit option only to get the following result

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.137]
    (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>bcedit /set recoveryenabled NO
    'bcedit' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

everytime windows update tries to install KB4284848 my computer goes to automatic repairs and fails. I have to shutdown the computer. At least it restart correctly afterward.

:)

YvesMarcotte, Jul 6, 2018
  2. UNI
    Uni Win User

Critical Service Failed - Automatic Repair and Advanced Options

Update:
    Tried the Repair disk. Still back to "Your pc ran into a problem", "Preparing automatic repair" followed by Advanced Options which have been tried again.

Would anyone recommend:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Otherwise, I have a bootable Win PE file waiting to be burned on to USB key, as suggested by other Forum user, but unsure what to do with it when (or if) it boots up the laptop.

3. Surface Book Automatic Repair Issue

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Provide us the following details in order to assist you better.

• How did you perform the Automatic repair? Did you use a DVD to perform it or via desktop?
    If you perform via desktop then I suggest you to boot your device using installation media.

I suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.
    • Select language and click on Next.
    • Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.
    • Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
    Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Divya Murugan, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Mark Isi Win User

how do you disable restart automatic repair option ?

Windows won't reset or restore, Automatic repair loop

Hi Bruno,

When the Automatic repair fails, we can suggest using the command prompt from Windows 10 Boot Options menu to run bootrec commands to fix the files the Auto Repair couldn't. Here are the steps:

• On the windows Recovery Option, choose Troubleshoot >
      Advanced Options
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Enter the following commands in the Command Prompt:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot
    Once the repair is done, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved. Let us know the outcome, so we could provide further assistance as necessary.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

how do you disable restart automatic repair option ?

1. how do you disable restart automatic repair option ? - Similar Threads - disable restart automatic

2. how do you fix automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you fix automatic repair loop: my pc is stuck in a automatic repair loop but i’ve tried everything ive found online about bcd commands. i’ve ran “bcdedit /export c:/bcdbackup” and it worked fine but when i ran “attrib c:/boot/bcd -h -r -s” and it says “Path not found - C:/boot” i also ran “chkdsk c: /f /r...
  3. how do you fix automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you fix automatic repair loop: my pc is stuck in a automatic repair loop but i’ve tried everything ive found online about bcd commands. i’ve ran “bcdedit /export c:/bcdbackup” and it worked fine but when i ran “attrib c:/boot/bcd -h -r -s” and it says “Path not found - C:/boot” i also ran “chkdsk c: /f /r...
  4. how do you fix automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Restart/Automatic Repair Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart/Automatic Repair Problems: I am using an Acer-Aspire 3 laptop. I was in the middle of work when the screen suddenly said that I have to restart it. "Preparing for Automatic Repair" showed up followed by a black screen. And now, I'm stuck with it for the whole day. What should I do?...
  6. How do you free space on the automatic repair screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you free space on the automatic repair screen: I accidentally deleted something important on my computer and I can get it back if I free up space, the problem is that I can’t go past the automatic repair screen, is there any way that I can fix that or am I screwed...
  7. How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?

How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?: I absolutely HATE this stupid "feature". Its bloody annoying and is no use to me whatsoever. I don't care what version of windows I'm running, and old version fromgasp 1 week ago is not going to kill me and is perfectly fine. I'm a gamedev in my spare time, and I often leave...
  8. Restart going to automatic repair

Restart going to automatic repair: Hi plz anyone help me if i restart my pc it is going to automatic repair i dont know why it is happening i have pay to buy a new os everytime in this lockdown i buyed more than 6 times i dont know what to to do next time am going to put another os becuz of waste windows...
  9. HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart?: Please help. : After having my windows machine open with desktops, tabs, applications, notepads, signed into a mess of accounts I often find it freshly rebooted in the morning with updates, only to have my productivity unjustly doused. I run a handful of small businesses...
  10. How do you permanently disable automatic windows updates?

How do you permanently disable automatic windows updates?: I do not want windows updates, how do I permanently disable automatic updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-permanently-disable-automatic-windows/b1cf6802-da8e-448b-8a5b-5614fa9a3767