Windows 10: How do you edit the pictures in themes

Discus and support How do you edit the pictures in themes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It used to be in Personalization under themes. It permitted you to open the current theme and edit (add or remove pictures) from the theme. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ogrick, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ogrick Win User

How do you edit the pictures in themes

It used to be in Personalization under themes. It permitted you to open the current theme and edit (add or remove pictures) from the theme. The function seems to have been left out in Windows 10, and was available in previous Windows versions.

:)

ogrick, Jul 30, 2015

2. How do you edit pictures on the KIN ONE?

I want to edit some pictures on my KIN ONE but i dont know how

Italian Princess, Jul 30, 2015
  3. How do you edit pictures on the KIN ONE?

What exactly are you trying to do?

If you want to re-size an image so you can email it or share it then this can be done.

But if you are expecting to photoshop it or add text/effects then this is not an option at this time.

Gary D. - WP7 Support, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Loanshark Win User

Maybe the Gods at MS will here our cries and return this functionality

Loanshark, Aug 15, 2015
  5. You mean the desktop background? Right click on the desktop, and select Personalize. You should get the screen below where you can add/change the picture.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 16, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. rissahoo Win User
    Workaround: Once the theme is created, the pictures are stored in subfolders under the (hidden) <USER>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes folder. You can add or remove pictures from these subfolders and get functionality similar to what was available in the Theme settings in the good old days.

rissahoo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you edit the pictures in themes - Similar Threads - edit pictures themes

2. How do you stop showing pictures and want theme only no matter what I do pictures will come...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you stop showing pictures and want theme only no matter what I do pictures will come...: How do you stop showing pictures no matter what I do pictures still come back I even let support come on my pc and we thought it was fixed but no pictures came back so I went to slideshow and hit browse pick my folder and chose minutes to change each slide it would work...
  3. How do you stop showing pictures and want theme only no matter what I do pictures will come...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you stop showing pictures and want theme only no matter what I do pictures will come...: How do you stop showing pictures no matter what I do pictures still come back I even let support come on my pc and we thought it was fixed but no pictures came back so I went to slideshow and hit browse pick my folder and chose minutes to change each slide it would work...
  4. How do you get youtube to remain with a White Theme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you get youtube to remain with a White Theme: My youtube always has a Dark Theme when I open it. I would like it to be a White Theme. How do I fix this? When I Google this question, all the answer links are for Changing a White Theme to Dark Theme....
  5. Background theme pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background theme pictures: Recently when I turn on my computer, the desk top theme or even the solid back ground colors appear to have a foggy haze overlaying the phot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-theme-pictures/ee564161-feb1-44d3-8976-909768028557
  6. theme pictures rotation/how to

theme pictures rotation/how to: How do I get the theme pictures on desktop to rotate auomatically?? windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theme-pictures-rotationhow-to/d6e973f2-cecf-4d66-8865-2fdc06d73762
  7. Theme pictures

Theme pictures: When I open background themes, I don't see all the pictures in a theme, like I did when I had Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theme-pictures/5abb463c-5885-4a55-95b4-5c001ca27c21
  8. how do i change the theme picture on desktop

how do i change the theme picture on desktop: how do i change the theme picture on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-theme-picture-on-desktop/4569ee04-f30a-4221-967f-c98ce49da6af
  9. How do I choose a single picture from a theme?

How do I choose a single picture from a theme?: On Windows 7, you could download a theme then when you click on desktop background it would show all the pictures in the theme with check marks. Instead, on Windows 10, I click on desktop background and it just goes back to slideshow and gives me no option of choosing what...
  10. Edit themes help

Edit themes help: Is there any third party software available that will let me edit the desktop themes I made with W7 that I'm now using on 10, or even make new ones? 14644