Windows 10: How do you find a computer's IP address in Windows 10?(August,2018)

Discus and support How do you find a computer's IP address in Windows 10?(August,2018) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I suggest you to follow the below steps, to check the IP address of your computer without wasting time Settings->Network and internet->... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by praneeth_goud, Aug 25, 2018.

1. How do you find a computer's IP address in Windows 10?(August,2018)

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps, to check the IP address of your computer without wasting time

Settings->Network and internet-> double click on Change adapter options(status pane)->double click on Wifi->click on details button->IPv4 Address(your current Ip address of your Pc )

Hope it helps, reply to me with the status of your issue. I will be happy to assist you.

:)

praneeth_goud, Aug 25, 2018

2. IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Two computers on network with same IP address

Hi Bob,

You might be getting this error because more than one computer is using the same IP address, which is resulting in a conflict. If you are setting IP addresses manually using static IP addresses, it is important to check that each
    network device has a unique IP address.

If your router automatically assigns IP addresses using DHCP, you can try releasing and renewing your computer's IP assignment by following the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Type cmd in the search box, and then press Enter.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order:
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

We also recommend that you check your router settings for any conflicts in the DHCP settings. Additionally, check the manufacturer's website or support page for an updated driver for your router.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

How do you find a computer's IP address in Windows 10?(August,2018)

ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

How do you find a computer's IP address in Windows 10?(August,2018)

1. How do you find a computer's IP address in Windows 10?(August,2018) - Similar Threads - find computer's address

2. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find the actual IP addresses.: Hi,I have been observing that there are suspicious network connections established with the following Microsoft domains from werfault.exe. These results have been generated from the EDR. umwatson.events.data.microsoft.com, kmwatson.events.data.microsoft.com :-...
  3. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find the actual IP addresses.: Hi,I have been observing that there are suspicious network connections established with the following Microsoft domains from werfault.exe. These results have been generated from the EDR. umwatson.events.data.microsoft.com, kmwatson.events.data.microsoft.com :-...
  4. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do you change the default mobile Hotspot IP address?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you change the default mobile Hotspot IP address?: I need setup a mobile hotspot on my laptop for my phone to connect to but also need my laptop to connect to another hotspot from another pc. I am having ip conflicts because both pcs are trying to use 192.168.137.1 as their gateways. I want to change one of the ip addresses...
  6. cannot find IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot find IP address: since uploading win 10 to replace win7 a yellow triangle covers the internet icon, I use the trouble shooter and reply is " local area connection network configuration problem, cannot find valid IP address". And if I wait for about 5 min. yellow triangle goes and I have...
  7. How do I find my IP address?

How do I find my IP address?: I'm considering getting a VPN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-ip-address/10492a2b-ab51-4ee8-8b4a-fde47545e59d
  8. finding my IP address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    finding my IP address: I have a HP all in one Desktop with Windows 10. I need to find the location for my IP address. To view the IP address of a wireless connection, select WiFi on the left menu pane and click Advanced Options, your IP address will appear next to "IPv4 Address. I don't have...
  9. How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Mac)!

How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Mac)!: Hello all brothers/sisters, Greetings to all! I am newbie here. I am looking for Router IP Address for my Mac. How can I do that? Though I started reading articles from online. And found few good articles like How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Windows and Mac) |...
  10. Find IP Address of Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find IP Address of Windows 10 PC: How to: Find IP Address of Windows 10 PC How to Find Private and Public IP Address of Your Windows 10 PC An IP address (Internet Protocol address) is used to identify computers on the Internet and network. IP addresses can be either public or private. A public IP...