Windows 10: How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...

Discus and support How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I have had trouble running any application or program on my PC. I sign in to my account using the pin and then attempt to launch an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dawn_171, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Dawn_171 Win User

How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...

Recently I have had trouble running any application or program on my PC. I sign in to my account using the pin and then attempt to launch an application like Settings and the computer would continuously spin loading and would not allow me to do ctrl+alt+del. Attempting to open the search bar fails. And if it does open Shutting down, and restarting do not work. It essentially soft-locks me. I am forced to turn off my PC using the power button on the case and restart it, Corsair 4000D Airflow. When I do restart it, I sign back in and the problem persists.All I know is the problem started happe

:)

Dawn_171, Feb 24, 2024

2. Unable to run programs in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand you are unable to run some programs on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what exactly happens when you try to run the programs. Did you get any error message? Which was the previous Operating System installed on the computer?

I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode and check if it helps, please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly (Windows 8 or 7) from the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 24, 2024
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 24, 2024
  4. How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...

a once compatibile program no works on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to open the game as it says it is not compatible With Microsoft Edge.

I would like to know whether this game requires a browser to access the game.

I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Compatibility tab.
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system as Windows 8 from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...

1. How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a... - Similar Threads - fix being unable

2. How to fix not being able to reset a pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix not being able to reset a pc: I currently have a blue error screen on my pc that doesn’t let me go to my home page. I try to restart it but it always fails and hasn’t worked. When I try to reset my pc using the troubleshoot setting in the choose an option page. It always has a problem no matter if I...
  3. How to fix not being able to reset a pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix not being able to reset a pc: I currently have a blue error screen on my pc that doesn’t let me go to my home page. I try to restart it but it always fails and hasn’t worked. When I try to reset my pc using the troubleshoot setting in the choose an option page. It always has a problem no matter if I...
  4. How to fix issue not being able to turn on pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix issue not being able to turn on pc?: I have not been able to fully turn on my pc for the past few days, keeps trying to autorepair and I’ve tried factory resetting and even used a USB recovery drive and that hasn’t worked, if someone could help me fix this problem I would really appreciate that.Thanks...
  5. How to fix issue not being able to turn on pc?

How to fix issue not being able to turn on pc?: I have not been able to fully turn on my pc for the past few days, keeps trying to autorepair and I’ve tried factory resetting and even used a USB recovery drive and that hasn’t worked, if someone could help me fix this problem I would really appreciate that.Thanks...
  6. How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...

How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...: Recently I have had trouble running any application or program on my PC. I sign in to my account using the pin and then attempt to launch an application like Settings and the computer would continuously spin loading and would not allow me to do ctrl+alt+del. Attempting to...
  7. How to fix not being able to open anything, cannot start up windows, it is stuck on...

How to fix not being able to open anything, cannot start up windows, it is stuck on...: When this first started happening I was watching youtube on a chrome browser and it said playback unavailable restart your device, so I went to settings to check my internet and it wouldn’t even look like it was loading up after I clicked it. Since then it has been a potato,...
  8. Not being able to run as administrator any app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not being able to run as administrator any app: Everthing started after a very painful day using my laptop. i kept restarting it until the point where the screen blured. After a few minutes i got the error saying the extended atributes are inconsistent from skype. After that i gone to task manager and disabled skype...
  9. How Do I fix My Explorer Being like this

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I fix My Explorer Being like this: Hi,For Some reason my explorer is like this Anyone Have Ideas On How To Fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-explorer-being-like-this/dd04adad-eac6-49e0-a0ff-41b4019c1f36
  10. Anyone know how to fix file explorer not being able to open files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to fix file explorer not being able to open files: Whenever I click a file I wanna open my cursor just starts doing the blue loading thing for ages. I really need to open some files submitted by /u/BrandExe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ks769x/anyone_know_how_to_fix_file_explorer_not_being/