Windows 10: How do you get Windows 10 to stop prompting me?

Discus and support How do you get Windows 10 to stop prompting me? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you get Windows 10 to stop prompting me? It’s a royal pain. Even when my computer is in sleep mode it wakes my computer up to prompt me. I can’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Johnny Ringo, Dec 2, 2015.

1. How do you get Windows 10 to stop prompting me?

How do you get Windows 10 to stop prompting me? It’s a royal pain. Even when my computer is in sleep mode it wakes my computer up to prompt me. I can’t find any email addresses to contact on this issue and the prompt window doesn’t have a “Don’t Ask Me Again” link. HELP!

I have Windows 7 and don't want these nuisance prompts any longer.

Thanks for your help, Johnny

:)

Johnny Ringo, Dec 2, 2015
  2. petrib Win User

How do you get a 6280 to stop rebooting and switching itself off on start up?

Try your nearest Nokia repair/service center (take or send your phone there):

Kundensupport | Nokia Phones

Perhaps the problem with this particular unit is why it was put on sale on eBay in the first place? (The original owner didn't get it replaced or fixed, but decided it was easier to pass it on to somebody else.)

You might also want to try to return it to the eBay seller you bought it from, as it seems to be broken. Though, I imagine it would be easier if you had bought it from a shop/retailer instead.

petrib, Dec 2, 2015
  3. How do you get a 6280 to stop rebooting and switching itself off on start up?

Just got 6280 off ebay - the phone was new as no scratches, no signs of wear and still had plastic covers on screen and camera lens. It was SIM free and I was using it on T mobile.

All worked fine for a couple of days, then decided to download an mp3 to the phone from my PC. During the transfer the phone went off. Retried again. Same thing happend. Now the phone wont even start properly. After pressing the power on button, you see the
    Nokia logo, then it goes black - it does this 4 times then switches itself off.

If I leave the memory card in it wont even start.What do I do now? There must be a reset code to bring the thing back to life again. I dont even know the version of software on it as I can't get far enough to enter any codes on the keypad. Help please.

olneyjackal, Dec 2, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How do you get Windows 10 to stop prompting me?

Brink, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do you get Windows 10 to stop prompting me?

1. How do you get Windows 10 to stop prompting me? - Similar Threads - stop prompting

2. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?: Every now and then, Microsoft 10 removes my most Recent apps used from the menu that pops up when I use the search field near the lower left corner to display notifications about trying some product or AI copilot. When I close the pop-up, it then replaces my Recent apps with...
  3. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?: Every now and then, Microsoft 10 removes my most Recent apps used from the menu that pops up when I use the search field near the lower left corner to display notifications about trying some product or AI copilot. When I close the pop-up, it then replaces my Recent apps with...
  4. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Please stop prompting for Windows 11 download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please stop prompting for Windows 11 download.: Windows 11 is garbage. Why can't they just take no for an answer? If enough people comment, maybe they'll fix it. Maybe Microsoft will listen to their users, for the first time in a decade. Stop prompting me for a Windows 11 upgrade- I don't want it. Please develop Windows...
  6. Please stop prompting for Windows 11 download.

Please stop prompting for Windows 11 download.: Windows 11 is garbage. Why can't they just take no for an answer? If enough people comment, maybe they'll fix it. Maybe Microsoft will listen to their users, for the first time in a decade. Stop prompting me for a Windows 11 upgrade- I don't want it. Please develop Windows...
  7. Please stop prompting for Windows 11 download.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in...: How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in to a Microsoft Account?DETAILS: On the Start Menu, Local User Accounts will periodically see an orange dot on their icon, and when they mouse over the icon, the following message...
  9. How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in...: How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in to a Microsoft Account?DETAILS: On the Start Menu, Local User Accounts will periodically see an orange dot on their icon, and when they mouse over the icon, the following message...
  10. How do I configure Windows 10 Professional to STOP prompting Local User Accounts to sign in...