Windows 10: How do you keep Update from installing CU?

Discus and support How do you keep Update from installing CU? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've had many problems with CU so I went back to the AE version. How do I keep Windows from automatically installing CU on some future update? 83859 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rzn6jw, May 7, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

How do you keep Update from installing CU?

I've had many problems with CU so I went back to the AE version. How do I keep Windows from automatically installing CU on some future update?

:)

rzn6jw, May 7, 2017
  2. SeaBreena Win User

Do you know how I can keep the notification from popping up on my computer to install this 1709 Version update?

Thanks, Joshua, for all your info regarding the 1709 installation. I may check out that
    Feedback Hub, sounds like a plan ;-)

SeaBreena, May 7, 2017
  3. Do you know how I can keep the notification from popping up on my computer to install this 1709 Version update?

Hi,

To make sure that you are well informed regarding upcoming updates for Windows, Microsoft automatically releases notifications about them. Currently, there's no option to stop these notifications. We encourage you to submit a feedback about it using the
    Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new feedback. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the
    Feedback app. Please revisit frequently, to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit a new feedback, kindly follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like this: URL Manager<unique link>).

Regards.

Joshua Her1, May 7, 2017
  4. MPSAN Win User

Can't you go to settings-Updates-and in advanced just check Defer Feature Updates?

MPSAN, May 7, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Catch 22 - that feature is part of CU and you can only defer for short period if Home - a year if PRO.

cereberus, May 8, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    No, the 'Defer Features updates' has always been part of Pro, Brink's tutorial was published just after 10240 was released...
    Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

It works the same way in in all versions - by selecting 'defer features updates' you are switching from the Current Branch to the Current Branch for Business (which gets the new version later). 1607 became CBB recently and can no longer be deferred. The CU just add more control with up to a year's additional delay and is the first version to explicitly tell you that you are in fact switching branches. Previously Microsoft were vague on how long you could defer features updates, just saying "new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months".

There is no way to defer features updates in any version of Home. You can however use the wushowhide tool to hide updates for as long as you want in any edition.

Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10

Bree, May 8, 2017
  7. rzn6jw Win User
    Thanks. Used the show/hide tool for this issue.

Mark as solved.

rzn6jw, May 8, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Be aware that when the Creators Update 1703 becomes Current Branch for Business it effectively becomes a newly released update. You will need to hide this too if you still want to keep it at bay, as I had to on my 1511 test/support PC to prevent the Anniversary Update downloading when 1607 became CBB.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you keep Update from installing CU? - Similar Threads - keep Update installing

2. How do you remove an update from the list of updates?Old, out of date update keeps causing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you remove an update from the list of updates?Old, out of date update keeps causing...: I have been having this problem for over 3 years and its been constantly a hassle to attempt to fix this issue. There is a specific old and out of date windows update - Intel - System - 10/3/2017 12:00:00 AM - 11.7.0.1045This particular update causes my pc to get a paging...
  3. How do you remove an update from the list of updates?Old, out of date update keeps causing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you remove an update from the list of updates?Old, out of date update keeps causing...: I have been having this problem for over 3 years and its been constantly a hassle to attempt to fix this issue. There is a specific old and out of date windows update - Intel - System - 10/3/2017 12:00:00 AM - 11.7.0.1045This particular update causes my pc to get a paging...
  4. How do you remove an update from the list of updates?Old, out of date update keeps causing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to you stop a specific update from installing

How to you stop a specific update from installing: I have several computers that were effected by the March critical update released on March 9th effecting users printing to copiers. I have uninstalled the update several times and Windows keeps reinstalling them. How can I target a specific update not to reinstall?...
  6. How do you install wordpad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you install wordpad.: I used to have wordpad but then I accidentally deleted it. How do you install it back. I searched it up on the internet but they tell me to go to settings->apps & features->optional features->add a feature However for me in "add a feature" there is no wordpad option. How...
  7. How do you block certain updates from installing in Windows 10?

How do you block certain updates from installing in Windows 10?: I want to start this post by saying this is NOT Microsoft's fault-it's Realtek's and MSI's problem. Today I installed a couple Windows updates. One was a driver update for Realtek audio. Unfortunately, this caused my laptop's built-in microphone to stop working. I know I'm...
  8. How do you download and install updates for a mp3.

How do you download and install updates for a mp3.: Ive been trying to do this for days and days, and hours and hours. Everything I find and try doesn't work. This is absolutely unacceptable......
  9. CU - Update Installation - Clarification please

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    CU - Update Installation - Clarification please: I finally got around to installing update KB4013214 - Privacy settings for CU. I got the notification box at restart asking: "Let's start by reviewing your privacy settings" If you review/change the settings the next step is to Accept. I backed out and chose "Remind Me...
  10. How do you prevent windows update from installing during a reboot?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you prevent windows update from installing during a reboot?: How do you prevent windows 10 windows update from installing during a reboot? In fact, I had to stop one that was taking forever longer than 10 minutes, it keep saying updating windows don't turn off. The mysterious update wasn't in the windows update list. I will restore...