Windows 10: How do you like Windows 10?

Discus and support How do you like Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed it today, and have been playing with it for a couple of hours now. So far it's been very clean, and I have even gone back to IE 11, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ventanasguy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. How do you like Windows 10?

I installed it today, and have been playing with it for a couple of hours now.

So far it's been very clean, and I have even gone back to IE 11, and things have gone pretty well so far.

The one thing I miss from Win 7 is clicking on Computer and being able to click on hdd or dvd drive and working with that. Any suggestions on how to get there are appreciated.

So, what do you like about W 10? That's what I'm hoping this thread will be about.

:)

ventanasguy, Jul 29, 2015
  2. ikuo1 Win User

How to stop seeing "Do you like what you see?"

I feel the same way too, I like the pictures I hate the prompt. I really hope somebody comes up with a solution. It is these minor nuances that make or break any operating system. Sorry I do not have an answer but if I find one I'll post it here.

ikuo1, Jul 29, 2015
  3. How to stop seeing "Do you like what you see?"

I like the lockscreen on Windows 10. I like the photos. I've probably answered 30 or 40 times to "Yes, I like, it" or "No, not a fan". How do I have it stop asking already? I know I can just ignore it, but by now you should know what I like, more or
    less. Part of the beauty of those images is their simplicity, or their visual impact, but my eyes are always drawn to that damn prompt! Give users the option "Don't ask me anymore".

RickJames_88, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Akane Win User

How do you like Windows 10?

Me playing Mine Sweeper for about 2 hour now it very fun XD

Akane, Jul 29, 2015
  5. LeeB Win User
    I like you am a newbie to this site and W-10... I did my upgrade this morning and have had no problems I use Firefox and it is working like before. I even have Office 2003 and it is working also.

I have 3 gmail accounts and I am currently working on how they are going to work.

I have a Tablet that has 8.1 and I hated that still do.. I am waiting for the offer to upgrade that

Over all I like the upgrade....

6. Edwin New Member
    How do you like Windows 10? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 29, 2015
  7. I like everything about Windows 10. It is everything I had expected from Windows 8, pre-release.

Only issue I am having is with my realtek ethernet adapter. Needs constant resetting to keep an internet connection. However, I'm sure that is a driver issue that will eventually be fixed. I have wifi access in the meantime.

SpyderBite, Jul 29, 2015
  8. How do you like Windows 10?

Outstanding! That's it. Thank you!!*Biggrin*Smile

9. cokest4r Win User
    the interface is very buggy, but that will all get sorted out, Unable to change window colour is annoying, there needs to be more options for adjusting what receives the accent colour (a nice bright colour is great in the taskbar for active applications, but is terrible on a window border) you can't adjust system volume so every notification sound rips your head apart. The default onedrive is for personal only. There are many other things that should have been sorted out before they announced a release date let alone actually released the thing.

In short, It's brilliant... lol. All the great new features once tweaked to run properly will be even better.

cokest4r, Jul 29, 2015
  10. It feels smooth but using too much ram, image not fitting my screen and it wont activate.

johnnybgood, Jul 29, 2015
  11. chrisa Win User
    Complete and total failure on the part of Microsoft as I still have received no notification as to downloading, even though I did reserve it in advance. Its not much of a launch day when you fail to provide the product to your customers, or even notification of when you're scheduled to receive it.

chrisa, Jul 29, 2015
  12. When I click on the speaker, down in the bottom right notification area, I get a volume meter that I can slide from 0 to 100. My meter is set at 100 (max), but I use head phones that have their own volume control and that's where I raise it or lower it. What do you get when you click on the speaker in taskbar, far right?

13. cokest4r Win User

Yeah the launch was a complete travesty. All they needed to do was provide us with a download status and a p2p enable preload app, problem solved.

cokest4r, Jul 29, 2015
  14. cokest4r Win User
    Same thing? If you want the volume mixer right click it and select volume mixer. System volume in the volume mixer is 0 of 100. I am going to go through and manualy disable every notification sound, should do it. I have my headphones set to 100 and use the software volume controls. It's a bad habbit but I'm used to it.

cokest4r, Jul 29, 2015
  15. I was never able to reserve in advance.... the little icon never showed up in the notification area.... so I went to this site and clicked on the download tool (at bottom of page). It started right away.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10

Thema: