Windows 10: How do you make the scrolling smoother on Windows Explorer?

Discus and support How do you make the scrolling smoother on Windows Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The scrolling is really jumpy and it is not smooth at all compared to Windows 7. I have some big folders and I'm not deleting stuff in them. I want the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jfrenchau, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Jfrenchau Win User

How do you make the scrolling smoother on Windows Explorer?

The scrolling is really jumpy and it is not smooth at all compared to Windows 7. I have some big folders and I'm not deleting stuff in them. I want the scrolling to go down smoothly and not be so jumpy and jerky.

This problem also happens when I view a PDF reader that was embedded on an education website that I was using today. The scrolling was all over the place.

I'm about to reinstall Windows 7 if you can't help me. I hate Windows 10 with a passion. There are videos all over Youtube saying it sucks and I agree with them.

:)

Jfrenchau, Feb 10, 2018

2. On a windows phone how do you make the music bar not show up on your lock screen ? How do you stop the music ?

It should go away on its own after a set period of time of being paused. To stop (in this case) pause the music from playing just press the pause button located in the middle of the previous and next track icons.

If you wish to remove the artists from the music bar from the volume controls, when a volume control button is pressed, you will have to power off your phone and power it back on.

Hope this helps.

Steven _fyiguy_ Hughes, Feb 10, 2018
  3. On a windows phone how do you make the music bar not show up on your lock screen ? How do you stop the music ?

There is now a third party application that will remove this so you don't have to restart your Windows Phone to clear the music bar.

The App is called Stop the Music!

Steven _fyiguy_ Hughes, Feb 10, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Well of course, youtube is new compared with Windows 7.

If Windows 7 had never existed and was released now, lots of people would say the same eg it sucks because it cannot mount isos, has poor driver support, does not properly support usb3 installation, no power menu, no secure boot, no onedrive files on demand, no timeline (coming soon) etc.

In the end, Windows 7 is dying, and soon no longer supported soon. If you are really going to take a retrograde step, install 8.1which does not have all the negatives above, and is in support until 2023 iirc).

cereberus, Feb 10, 2018
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    I have 4 different computers using 3 different builds of Windows 10 and scrolling action is perfectly smooth on all of them even though I use wireless mice.

cbwilsha, Feb 10, 2018
  6. Have a look at this post:
    Another option:
    Install a Linux Distro (like Ubuntu or Linux Mint) and then use VM software (like VMware Player) to create a W7 VM.

It might not be worthwhile if you mainly use your PC to play modern games though. *Sad

"cannot mount isos"- VirtualCloneDrive
    "has poor driver support" - Yes W7 doesn't regularly try to download and install the wrong drivers
    "does not properly support usb3 installation" - Strange, my W7 PC has 6 working USB3 ports
    "no power menu" - Not required on W7
    "no secure boot" - An option that is often responsible for weird issues on W8 & W10 PCs
    "no onedrive files on demand" - A bonus for anyone who hates the Cloud

lehnerus2000, Feb 11, 2018
  7. @ Jfrenchau

I use two different mouses on two different PC's with Window 7 and Windows 10. (MX Anywhere 2s and M705) I was using a
    Microsoft mouse 5000 a while back without any problems with scrolling.
    I do not have any scrolling problems. This makes me believe your mouse problems is not Windows.

If we had your system specs, including your mouse we probable could give more help.

Jack

Layback Bear, Feb 11, 2018
  8. CountMike New Member

Scrolling by mouse wheel ? Did you set scroll to one line, most defaults set it at 3 lines ? Much smoother when set to one line.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you make the scrolling smoother on Windows Explorer? - Similar Threads - scrolling smoother Explorer

2. Anyone know how to make the page not slightly stretch as you scroll?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know how to make the page not slightly stretch as you scroll?: I bought a new laptop with Windows 11 and it's making me nauseous when I scroll. It's not the thing where the page bounces when you hit the bottom or top of a page like on a tablet, not talking about that. It's when I'm scrolling, each horizontal line slightly...
  3. Anyone know how to make the page not slightly stretch as you scroll?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know how to make the page not slightly stretch as you scroll?: I bought a new laptop with Windows 11 and it's making me nauseous when I scroll. It's not the thing where the page bounces when you hit the bottom or top of a page like on a tablet, not talking about that. It's when I'm scrolling, each horizontal line slightly...
  4. Scrolling in Microsoft Edge could be smoother in the future.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling in Microsoft Edge could be smoother in the future.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ryj3yt/scrolling_in_microsoft_edge_could_be_smoother_in/
  5. How do you auto scroll long menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you auto scroll long menu?: When I right-click on a file, there are a bunch of options here and I always find it hard to navigate to the property via mouse it is located at the end of this right-click menu. In order to navigate to this property menu, I have to click the arrows circled in red below. In...
  6. How do you auto scroll long menu?

How do you auto scroll long menu?: When I right-click on a file, there are a bunch of options here and I always find it hard to navigate to the property via mouse it is located at the end of this right-click menu. In order to navigate to this property menu, I have to click the arrows circled in red below. In...
  7. How do you auto scroll long menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Make laptop run smoother

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make laptop run smoother: I want to make my laptop run smoother for stop lagging. Should I delete all files in App Data / Local / Temp or keep it ?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-laptop-run-smoother/68ecbe91-48f8-4a32-8a93-e68d60d577bb
  9. How do you make program folders?

How do you make program folders?: In previous versions of windows, you could make program folders and nest the programs you wanted inside of them; I have no clue as to how to do that in windows 10; I had them organzied that way in Win 7, and after upgrading to 10, some of them do show up on the start menu,...
  10. Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge: Independent rendering allows the browser to selectively offload graphics processing to an additional CPU thread, so they can be rendered with minimal impact to the user interface thread and the overall visible performance characteristics page, such as silk-smooth scrolling,...