Windows 10: How do you pin the Microsoft Edge icon to the taskbar?

Discus and support How do you pin the Microsoft Edge icon to the taskbar? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I right-click the Microsft Edge icon on either the Desktop or the Start Menu, I do not get the option to pin to the Taskbar, only the option to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jwink98, Aug 3, 2015.

1. jwink98 Win User

How do you pin the Microsoft Edge icon to the taskbar?

When I right-click the Microsft Edge icon on either the Desktop or the Start Menu, I do not get the option to pin to the Taskbar, only the option to pin to Start Menu. Also, dragging the icon to the task bar gives an error symbol and does not work. However, other applications work just fine with the exception of Steam games.

Does anybody know a method to get Edge pinned to the taskbar?

:)

jwink98, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

How do you pin an ICON from the desktop to make it function as a start tile?

Hello Rorin,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Are there any recent changes made on your device prior to the issue?
    • Which
      Windows 10 build and version
      is installed on your device?
    • Does the app work when you select "Pin to taskbar"?
    • Is this happening to Outlook application only? Or all applications that you pin to start?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Rorin1 Win User
    How do you pin an ICON from the desktop to make it function as a start tile?

I right click an ICON for Outlook on the desktop and select "Pin to Start". It adds a tile, but the tile will not function (open outlook). What am I doing wrong? I am using Windows 10.

Rorin1, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

Edge should be pinned to the task bar upon delivery of the OS to your machine.

Rocky, Aug 3, 2015
  5. jwink98 Win User
    Now that I think about it, I might have unpinned it. Is there any way to get it back?

jwink98, Aug 3, 2015
  6. I went into my Start menu/screen, found my Microsoft Edge icon, right-clicked, selected "Pin to Taskbar," and voila! Edge pinned back at the end of the taskbar.

robertwnielsen, Aug 3, 2015
  7. No context menu for me when right-clicking the Edge icon in the Start Menu. *Sad Would really like to get the edge icon back to my taskbar, or at least a shortcut on my desktop.

dlabrecque, Aug 5, 2015
  8. How do you pin the Microsoft Edge icon to the taskbar?

That's weird. I right-clicked my icon in the Start menu/screen again, and got:

Unpin From Start
    Resize
    Turn Live Tile Off and
    Unpin From Taskbar

robertwnielsen, Aug 5, 2015
  9. Yeah. I've seen that other folks can do that. Just not me. *cry

Also odd: I can't right-click taskbar icons (nothing happens), but if I shift-right-click 'em, I get the context menu. *Confused

dlabrecque, Aug 5, 2015
  10. gekeriaky Win User
    Don't click on the Microsoft edge icon on the start list. Go to the list of programs (all app.) after you click on the start button and search for the Microsoft edge program (or app) and then right click it. You will see "pin to taskbar" there.

gekeriaky, Aug 18, 2015
  11. Nice. It worked. Thank you, gekeriaky.

Say -- what's the start list? That Windows 8 blocky area in what used to be called the Start menu? The area titled "Life at a glance?"

dlabrecque, Aug 18, 2015
  12. lawallen Win User
    I have no Edge icon anywhere. I can't turn it off and back on because it isn't there. Edge is my default and it opens and runs, but there's no way to get it to pin to the taskbar, because there is no icon. And Cortana runs off to the internet to give me useless responses so that doesn't work, either. Anybody else with this issue?

lawallen, Aug 30, 2015
  13. How do you pin the Microsoft Edge icon to the taskbar?

Anywhere? How 'bout START/All apps/Microsoft Edge?

Nothing there?

If you do have it there, you should be able to right-click on it and pin it to your task bar from there. If that's what you want to do, of course. *Smile

dlabrecque, Aug 30, 2015
  14. ARYLIOA Win User
    (ed. - just simplifying, not correcting, as I had no problem as it was)

This solution worked on all 3 of my computers. Mine found two hits for Edge when I searched, one had the option to pin Edge to the taskbar, one didn't. So look at both of them.

Update: Tricky part here is that when I later decided I didn't waht the taskbar icon, I couldn't remove it. Right-clicking only showed the option to pin it to the taskbar. Most strange! But this forum came through again, and I used the link below to get rid of it. I'm kind of mad at myself since I had a screenshot showing the (bad) option but overlaid it in all the excitement of getting the problem fixed. And I'm not putting it back just to get another picture...... "trust me".

Taskbar Pinned Apps - Reset and Clear in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

ARYLIOA, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you pin the Microsoft Edge icon to the taskbar? - Similar Threads - pin Microsoft Edge

2. How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray: How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-an-icon-on-the-taskbar-to-the-tray/d0bcb916-4bed-4665-ae50-ccd2d58fb50e
  3. How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray: How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-an-icon-on-the-taskbar-to-the-tray/d0bcb916-4bed-4665-ae50-ccd2d58fb50e
  4. pinning Edge to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pinning Edge to taskbar: I want Edge pinned to my taskbar but none of the suggestions I have found have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-edge-to-taskbar/fb9963cb-14da-40bb-a468-f89ff0be40b6
  5. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  6. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  7. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. how do you get black taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you get black taskbar icons: my friend has them and idk how to get them submitted by /u/jingledrawss2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kr58db/how_do_you_get_black_taskbar_icons/
  9. How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge web browser is set to replace the old one, and that’s not entirely a bad thing. The old version of Edge, in some respects, works similarly to Internet Explorer, and the rendering engine wasn’t as widely [...] This post How to pin...
  10. Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar: I tried right clicking on the file and shortcut but it only says Unpin from Start, and also tried dragging and dropping, but just shows a error symbol on my mouse and takes file back to its position on the desktop. It just randomly disappeared from my taskbar and was left on...