Windows 10: how do you save on the notepad

Discus and support how do you save on the notepad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do you save on the notepad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RachelParker3, Jul 13, 2018.

1. how do you save on the notepad

how do you save on the notepad

:)

RachelParker3, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Gil deG Win User

Can't find saved NotePad in files

Hi,

Possible that you accidentally save the files in a different file extension name.

In order for us to resolved your concern, we need to ask some information to isolate the issue.

1. How do you save the file in Notepad? It's better to provide the step by step procedure on how do you save the file.

2. How do you search your saved Notepad file?

3. Is it all files saved in Notepad that you cannot find after saving?

4. Are you getting an error message when you try to find the files saved in Notepad?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Gil deG, Jul 13, 2018
  3. saving letters from NOTEPAD

Hi Ron,

This issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with using
    Notepad. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Do you have an Office program installed on your computer? This enables the
      Clipboard feature to let you copy and paste texts.
    • What is your method of copying a text?
    • In what program are you trying to attempt to paste your letters copied from
      Notepad?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase questions and concerns in our community.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

First time using Notepad

Hi,

Microsoft Notepad is a word processing tool included with Windows and is installed by default under the Accessories program group. If you want to create notes using Notepad, follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search bar, type Notepad.
    • From the search results of Cortana, select Notepad.
    • In the Notepad window, type your notes.
    • If you're ready to save the Notepad file, click File.
    • Choose Save as.
    • On the Save as window, select the location where you want to save the Notepad file.
    • In the File name text box, type the name of the Notepad file.
    • Click Save.
    If you still have any questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. how do you save on the notepad - Similar Threads - save notepad

2. Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11: title, literally im going actually insane, i have to use task manager to close notepad so it autosaves, what is going on???It never used to be like that, it only started happening recently. Heres a photo:...
  3. Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11: title, literally im going actually insane, i have to use task manager to close notepad so it autosaves, what is going on???It never used to be like that, it only started happening recently. Heres a photo:...
  4. Notepad Saving difficulty

Notepad Saving difficulty: How do I save on my notepad when I get this for whenever I try to save something on my Notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-saving-difficulty/b717dbf4-dd88-4fc4-a716-5b28e98d7d56
  5. Notepad Saving difficulty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Saving difficulty: How do I save on my notepad when I get this for whenever I try to save something on my Notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-saving-difficulty/b717dbf4-dd88-4fc4-a716-5b28e98d7d56
  6. my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10: None of my saved notepad or PDF documents will open on Windows 10.I get the feeling it's because I keep declining the Windows 11 upgrade......
  7. my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10: None of my saved notepad or PDF documents will open on Windows 10.I get the feeling it's because I keep declining the Windows 11 upgrade......
  8. my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10

9. Notepad automatically saves your progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad automatically saves your progress: Since some recent Windows update, whenever I open Notepad it opens what I was doing in Notepad prior with a pop up message saying:Notepad automatically saves your progress. All your content will be available the next time you open Notepad.Who ever thought up this rediculous...
  10. Notepad automatically saves your progress

Notepad automatically saves your progress: Since some recent Windows update, whenever I open Notepad it opens what I was doing in Notepad prior with a pop up message saying:Notepad automatically saves your progress. All your content will be available the next time you open Notepad.Who ever thought up this rediculous...