Windows 10: How do you stop windows 10 from updating during active hours?

Discus and support How do you stop windows 10 from updating during active hours? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This frequently happens while writing a paper or in the middle of a game. It seems like windows does not understand active hours and what is happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenYouel, Aug 11, 2018.

1. How do you stop windows 10 from updating during active hours?

This frequently happens while writing a paper or in the middle of a game. It seems like windows does not understand active hours and what is happening at that moment it decides to start an update. I have changed the hours to see if a change will get it to work properly. Active hours just seems like a bug that tells windows to update.

:)

StevenYouel, Aug 11, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Aug 11, 2018
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Aug 11, 2018
  4. How do you stop windows 10 from updating during active hours?

Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

How do you stop windows 10 from updating during active hours?

1. How do you stop windows 10 from updating during active hours? - Similar Threads - stop updating during

2. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  3. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  4. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I disable windows update from running at all during active hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable windows update from running at all during active hours?: My windows 11 system becomes completely unusable whenever updates run. For clarity: I am not talking about rebooting. I do not want update to search for updates, download, or install during active hours. I leave my computer on overnight, every night with sleep and hibernation...
  6. How do I disable windows update from running at all during active hours?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable windows update from running at all during active hours?: My windows 11 system becomes completely unusable whenever updates run. For clarity: I am not talking about rebooting. I do not want update to search for updates, download, or install during active hours. I leave my computer on overnight, every night with sleep and hibernation...
  7. Stop windows update from ignoring active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop windows update from ignoring active hours: Hi,At 2PM my computer restarted without my consent to try and fail, 0x800f0922 to install an update KB5003173. I just lost 2 hours of work. And it restarted again at 2:20 PM, still without consent and still without managing to install that update. Why did Windows update...
  8. Windows 10 checked for updates during active hours...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 checked for updates during active hours...: I have my Change Active Hours set from 8am to 11pm and the "Automatically adjust active hours for this device based on activity" is off. Why would Windows check for updates at 10:25am today?!? You're up to date. Last Checked: Today, 10:25am Should I turn that Automatically...
  9. Updates active during non active hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates active during non active hours: Have updates to go off from 12-7am cause my internet is alright during these times. Whenever I hop on my pc during a time that isn't during that specification, it does it anyway. This has started within the last month and I've tried re-editing the time schedule but it seems...
  10. Update during active hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update during active hours: If I choose to update during active hours do I need to adjust the active times before I start? Len 138957