Windows 10: how do you tell what version a windows 10 iso is?

Discus and support how do you tell what version a windows 10 iso is? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; if i mount an iso, where can i check the version? 40449 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ry4n, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ry4n Win User

how do you tell what version a windows 10 iso is?

if i mount an iso, where can i check the version?

:)

2. sunlau Win User

Windows 10 system thread exception not handled

I was attempting to go into safe mode by ALT + F10. It didn't work. I don't understand what you mean by creating a windows 10 media, it only showed me how to down the windows 10 iso file but it didn't tell me what I do after that. I'm not very sure how to
    boot windows 10 from the iso file or even use the iso file. What am i suppose to do with this iso file?

sunlau, Feb 10, 2016
  3. trbogt Win User
    Windows 10 pro

Hi....What are you using now?.... What version Windows ?

Go to 'Settings' select 'About' this will tell us what you are actually running

You can download the
    Windows Version 10 ISO file

*john

trbogt, Feb 10, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 10, 2016
  5. b1rd Win User
    I've seen this question before and I've had a question, so I thought I'd piggy-back.

Will it really make a difference which ISO image is installed? I read a similar question the other day and I offered some information, but I want to be sure I was correct in my thinking.

Am I correct to assume that regardless of the ISO version, the OS will be updated regardless? Then if that's the case, is there any 'real' reason why one ISO image is preferred over another? (I mean I know it's best to opt for the latest, but I'm referring to a person that installs the older one without knowing)

Thanks,

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello b1rd, *Smile

It really only makes a difference if you are doing a repair install since it requires the installation media to be at least the same build, language, and architecture as the current installation.

Brink, Feb 10, 2016
  7. Which brings up another question... How frequently is the .iso at Tech Bench updated? Will it include most recent updates? It shows version but not build.

wreckwriter, Feb 10, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 10, 2016
  9. wreckwriter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how do you tell what version a windows 10 iso is? - Similar Threads - tell version iso

2. How do you uninstall a version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you uninstall a version of Windows?: I am trying to either remove or change the type of Windows 10 that is on my computer. It says Windows 10 Enterprise is the version that is being used, but in order to activate it says I have to be connected to my organization`s network and that I do not have. I want just the...
  3. How do you uninstall a version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you uninstall a version of Windows?: I am trying to either remove or change the type of Windows 10 that is on my computer. It says Windows 10 Enterprise is the version that is being used, but in order to activate it says I have to be connected to my organization`s network and that I do not have. I want just the...
  4. How do you uninstall a version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. what version of windows 11 do you get

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what version of windows 11 do you get: Hi all, if you have windows 10 pro already on your PC what version of windows 11 would be installed? is it like for like or will you get home version and pay for the pro upgrade?...
  6. what version of windows 11 do you get

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what version of windows 11 do you get: Hi all, if you have windows 10 pro already on your PC what version of windows 11 would be installed? is it like for like or will you get home version and pay for the pro upgrade?...
  7. This is what you do when someone tells you to install MEMZ

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This is what you do when someone tells you to install MEMZ: There are a lot of people that scam you and remotely control your computer, before you do what they tell you to, quickly start up a virtual machine to trick the scammer into thinking it is your computer, and then, sure, they will be surprised that you are online with your...
  8. How can you tell what version your DP cable supports?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How can you tell what version your DP cable supports?: Hi - I'm aware that DisplayPort is currently at version 1.4 with version 2 coming later this year....supposedly. I was just wondering...is there a way to tell which version a certain DP cable supports by looking at it? There's no version number printed on mine. Also, would...
  9. What to do when an antivirus tells you that everything is fine but another tells you that...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What to do when an antivirus tells you that everything is fine but another tells you that...: I have already installed Microsoft Malware Defender on my laptop and it doesn't recognize any viruses, but Windows Defender still keeps sending me a virus alert...
  10. You tell me what it is? Original Windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    You tell me what it is? Original Windows ?: Is this the original Windows? What do I need to notice if I want to understand the original Windows? Please mark me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-tell-me-what-it-is-original-windows/57ad6772-24b9-4fd5-9939-12282bd3b651

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 iso how to tell what version