Windows 10: How does MS get to know about issues

Discus and support How does MS get to know about issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This Might seem a silly question but I as far as I can see very few people seem to be trouble free with this release of W10 so how does MS find out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tamo, Aug 7, 2015.

1. tamo Win User

How does MS get to know about issues

This Might seem a silly question but I as far as I can see very few people seem to be trouble free with this release of W10 so how does MS find out about the million and one issues being banded around the various forums and which patches/fixes to put out .*Redface

:)

tamo, Aug 7, 2015
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

How to get to know about apps update

On my HTC 8X, I do get update notifications, but sometimes they don't appear for a while (I have no idea on how long the updates have been there before the phone tells me).

In the main, I too use WPCentral to let me know of interesting app updates.

[ Pete ], Aug 7, 2015
  3. How to get to know about apps update

Hello frnds...

I have lumia 720 (India)... I love it ...

but i don't understand one thing.... "Update"

Apps are not getting update automatically even if any update are avl. i have to go manually to the particular app and update it manually(after getting know from WPcentral posts)...

Simply; it does not prompt me to update any app.... How does MS get to know about issues :(

how to fix it?

NitinGuptaiit, Aug 7, 2015
  4. How does MS get to know about issues

If you go into settings and then the privacy tab, then feedback and diagnostics

there is an option for feedback and usage data which gets sent back to MS

paulsalter, Aug 7, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    The best way is to use the Windows Feedback app.. you can find it on the all apps part of the start menu:

How does MS get to know about issues [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Aug 7, 2015
  6. tamo Win User
    Right ,so if this is set to auto there will be logs periodically sent to MS and they collate all this data to create updates they deem necessary , Kind off !!!!

Thank you

tamo, Aug 7, 2015
  7. That's right, it has logs of how you are using the system and whats not working right, so they can see what is not working

the one posted by Jeff, for the Feedback is where you can look for specific issue to say I have this also or to report things yourself

paulsalter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How does MS get to know about issues

1. How does MS get to know about issues - Similar Threads - does issues

2. Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues: for some reason my laptop constantly just randomly stop wanting to connect to the wifi to the point where the option to access the wifi completely goes M.I.A sometimes it fixes itself and other times I’ll have to do 80 back flips and restarts or shut it down and hope it works...
  3. Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues: for some reason my laptop constantly just randomly stop wanting to connect to the wifi to the point where the option to access the wifi completely goes M.I.A sometimes it fixes itself and other times I’ll have to do 80 back flips and restarts or shut it down and hope it works...
  4. Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Touch keyboard and handwriting panel does not appear even though it's running tablet issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard and handwriting panel does not appear even though it's running tablet issue: I have a Windows 10 tablet, where the Touch keyboard and handwriting panel service does not show up, even though it is running. The only way to fix this issue is to restart the device. However after a couple of restarts it randomly stops appearing. Things I already tried...
  6. Touch keyboard and handwriting panel does not appear even though it's running tablet issue

Touch keyboard and handwriting panel does not appear even though it's running tablet issue: I have a Windows 10 tablet, where the Touch keyboard and handwriting panel service does not show up, even though it is running. The only way to fix this issue is to restart the device. However after a couple of restarts it randomly stops appearing. Things I already tried...
  7. When does Microsoft plan to fix the hide taskbar issue for windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When does Microsoft plan to fix the hide taskbar issue for windows 11?: I'm getting pretty tired of having to battle with my taskbar not disappearing when it needs to. And no, the "hide taskbar in desktop mode" does not work. When does Microsoft intend to fix this problem? It's been this way for too long....
  8. When does Microsoft plan to fix the hide taskbar issue for windows 11?

When does Microsoft plan to fix the hide taskbar issue for windows 11?: I'm getting pretty tired of having to battle with my taskbar not disappearing when it needs to. And no, the "hide taskbar in desktop mode" does not work. When does Microsoft intend to fix this problem? It's been this way for too long....
  9. Issues with Windows Spotlight - does not update / change picture

Issues with Windows Spotlight - does not update / change picture: I've been having this issue with Windows Spotlight for about a week or so. I have two Windows 11 PC's and I first noticed when I was working on the secondary one. My primary PC has been stuck on the same photo with two monkeys, while cute I thought it would be nice for a...
  10. Issues with Windows Spotlight - does not update / change picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows Spotlight - does not update / change picture: I've been having this issue with Windows Spotlight for about a week or so. I have two Windows 11 PC's and I first noticed when I was working on the secondary one. My primary PC has been stuck on the same photo with two monkeys, while cute I thought it would be nice for a...