Windows 10: How does one remove taskbar icons for uninstalled apps

Discus and support How does one remove taskbar icons for uninstalled apps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a question, under "Start Menu -> Settings -> Notifications & actions -> Select icons which appear on the taskbar", how does one do maintenance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Almighty1, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Almighty1 Win User

How does one remove taskbar icons for uninstalled apps

I have a question, under "Start Menu -> Settings -> Notifications & actions -> Select icons which appear on the taskbar", how does one do maintenance on the list so it only shows items that are currently installed as it seems uninstalled items are still showing up on the list.

:)

Almighty1, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Teddy2016 Win User
    Teddy2016, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

1. How does one remove taskbar icons for uninstalled apps - Similar Threads - does remove taskbar

2. How does one lock the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does one lock the taskbar?: I know this initially sounds like an obvious question, as I know I should just hit lock the taskbar but unfortunately, this does not work. When I enable lock the taskbar, it appears when no application is maximized then disappears when an application, like Settings or Chrome,...
  3. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  4. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  5. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app: [ATTACH] Hey, This blank icon appeared after i uninstalled spotify because it was acting up. The uninstallation process took a while, it seemed that it didn't want to uninstall so i restarted my laptop to see if it would help, and it did, the app is gone (i reinstalled...
  7. Remove Uninstalled Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Uninstalled Icons: Ok, so how do I remove uninstalled programs from the taskbar icons (over by the clock)? [img] 146939
  8. How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar?

How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar?: How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-label-from-the-pinned-iconapp-on-the/10ea4444-64ac-4f4c-bc3e-b1ea92c28b99
  9. Remove icons from uninstalled apps on "All apps"

Remove icons from uninstalled apps on "All apps": Hi Is anyway to edit "all Apps", especially to remove some icons from? I have uninstalled Edge, but the icon is still in Start menu of “all apps”. Tom 18395
  10. How to remove icons from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove icons from taskbar?: I have some unused icons pinned to the task bar that I'd like to remove. Right-clicking on any of them does not work. Is there any trick to remove them? Thanks, Ed 48554

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstalled apps showing on taskbar

2. uninstalled items are still showing in under select icons which appear on the taskbar

3. how to delete a task bar icon that wont delete

4. apps still in taskbar when uninstalled,
  5. how to delete icon on the task bar which is already uninstall,
  6. remove uninstalled app icons win 10 taskbar,
  7. remove uninstalled apps from task bar,
  8. how to uninstall icons from task bar for good,
  9. remove uninstalled apps from taskbar settings,
  10. does the app icon pinned to taskbar removed on uninstall,
  11. remove a taskbar icon after uninstalled,
  12. how to remove apps from taskbar list when they have been uninstalled,
  13. how to remove an icon from taskbar which is unistalled,
  14. uninstall icons in taskbar,