Windows 10: How does the integrated Sync feature works?

Discus and support How does the integrated Sync feature works? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, so i have an issue that was minor relatively speaking. Its finally came to the point of getting rid of it (now that i know whats actually causing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Jun 7, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

How does the integrated Sync feature works?

Ok, so i have an issue that was minor relatively speaking. Its finally came to the point of getting rid of it (now that i know whats actually causing it, sorta).

The sync feature. I like it - id love to use it, but in a specific way which escapes me. Let me explain.

I have 3 pc's i use currently. My main pc, my backup pc, and my laptop.

They have sequentially worse hardware and a few settings altered between the 3. I kept finding out I had no thumbnails on my main pc for example, even though it was toggled on it system>advanced. A quick toggle off and back on fixes it every time.

Now my laptop for example had this toggled off along with everything else in the "aesthetic" category in order for performance to be paramount. I also noticed in any win10 vm i ran it would always get a desktop theme synced but it always seemed to be from one of my other 2 pc's, never my main pc.

Now theyre all logged into the same microsoft account so heres what i need to know/what i want to happen.

1) does microsoft onedrive have to be installed and running for this to work properly for starters?

2) how would I set up the toggles if I want everything from my main PC to sync to the other 2 machines, but no changes made on the other 2 machines to sync back to my main PC or eachother?

Thanks for any insight, google bore no fruit. Article after article saying "turn it on here" or "turn it off here" and that was the extent of that.

:)

klepp0906, Jun 7, 2018

2. How to Sync Downloaded Videos

One of the listed features is to be able to sync the downloaded videos with your PC by installing a client on your PC. Because it is a feature of the app, I would suggest that you go their website and download the client

This video explains that if you want to look at it:

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jun 7, 2018
  3. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

How does the integrated Sync feature works?

1. How does the integrated Sync feature works? - Similar Threads - does integrated Sync

2. Clipboard sync does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard sync does not work: I have two devices that log in via microsoft account. I have clipboard sync turned on for both of them. However, clipboard sync does not work clipboard appears different on both devices. How to fix this issue?...
  3. Clipboard sync does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard sync does not work: I have two devices that log in via microsoft account. I have clipboard sync turned on for both of them. However, clipboard sync does not work clipboard appears different on both devices. How to fix this issue?...
  4. integrated camera does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    integrated camera does not work: My integrated camera does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-camera-does-not-work/ccf7418f-9d5f-47f3-bc54-883e38999b7e
  5. integrated camera does not work

integrated camera does not work: My integrated camera does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-camera-does-not-work/ccf7418f-9d5f-47f3-bc54-883e38999b7e
  6. Time sync does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time sync does not work: Every time i boot my pc after a shutdown or reboot the time always changes to some random and i have to go to settings and manually click the sync now button .please help....
  7. Time sync does not work

Time sync does not work: Every time i boot my pc after a shutdown or reboot the time always changes to some random and i have to go to settings and manually click the sync now button .please help....
  8. Integrated Camera does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated Camera does not work: The integrated camera on my Lenovo is no longer working on my system Windows 10. I have checked for updates, etc. I have also checked the permissions at my settings - they are all "ON". I have to use a USB Webcam which is inconvenient as I have ZOOM meetings in the...
  9. Integrated Camera does not work Lenovo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated Camera does not work Lenovo: This happened last year, after a Windows update and after hours of struggling, I was able to fix it with a Windows update. Noticed the same problem last week. Camera goes on can see the light next to the camera, but apps camera, teams, zoom shows no image. I uninstalled...
  10. Anyone care to explain to me how the integrated Sync feature works?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anyone care to explain to me how the integrated Sync feature works?: Ok, so i have an issue that was minor relatively speaking. Its finally came to the point of getting rid of it (now that i know whats actually causing it, sorta). The sync feature. I like it - id love to use it, but in a specific way which escapes me. Let me explain. I have...