How does the integrated Sync feature works?

Discus and support How does the integrated Sync feature works? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, so i have an issue that was minor relatively speaking. Its finally came to the point of getting rid of it (now that i know whats actually causing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Jun 7, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Ok, so i have an issue that was minor relatively speaking. Its finally came to the point of getting rid of it (now that i know whats actually causing it, sorta).

The sync feature. I like it - id love to use it, but in a specific way which escapes me. Let me explain.

I have 3 pc's i use currently. My main pc, my backup pc, and my laptop.

They have sequentially worse hardware and a few settings altered between the 3. I kept finding out I had no thumbnails on my main pc for example, even though it was toggled on it system>advanced. A quick toggle off and back on fixes it every time.

Now my laptop for example had this toggled off along with everything else in the "aesthetic" category in order for performance to be paramount. I also noticed in any win10 vm i ran it would always get a desktop theme synced but it always seemed to be from one of my other 2 pc's, never my main pc.

Now theyre all logged into the same microsoft account so heres what i need to know/what i want to happen.

1) does microsoft onedrive have to be installed and running for this to work properly for starters?

2) how would I set up the toggles if I want everything from my main PC to sync to the other 2 machines, but no changes made on the other 2 machines to sync back to my main PC or eachother?

Thanks for any insight, google bore no fruit. Article after article saying "turn it on here" or "turn it off here" and that was the extent of that.

:)

klepp0906, Jun 7, 2018
  2. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line Win User

How to Sync Downloaded Videos

One of the listed features is to be able to sync the downloaded videos with your PC by installing a client on your PC. Because it is a feature of the app, I would suggest that you go their website and download the client

This video explains that if you want to look at it:

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Marivel Man Win User
    How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How does the integrated Sync feature works? - Similar Threads - does integrated Sync

2. How to disable the HOME key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the HOME key?: I want to change the registry entry 'Scancode Map' to disable the HOME key. I have already disabled the Caps Lock key and I want to add the Home key to the string but cannot find the changes to make. I DO NOT want to use 'Disable Key' program. Thanks....
  3. Windows 10 wallpaper Slideshow not working

Windows 10 wallpaper Slideshow not working: After the last Windows update, desktop slideshow is not working. I tried even after a clean installation of Win 10 Pro 64bit. If the time is set to 1 min, then the wallpapers are changing. However, if it is 10 min, then after one change of wallpaper, it is not moving to the...
  4. Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!: I installed windows 10 on my pc, I am trying to enable my .net framework and I understand that the way to go about this is through windows features, however my windows features box appears blank, I can't find the checkbox with all the options, I have followed the steps listed...
  5. what are "hanging or crashing apts"? And how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what are "hanging or crashing apts"? And how do I fix it?: What are "hanging or crashing apps" and how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/what-are-hanging-or-crashing-apts-and-how-do-i-fix/4a7981fa-d3e1-435f-8aef-b34ee727a26c
  6. Camera app does not work

Camera app does not work: After Windows 10 update (KB4343909), Camera app does not work any more with cameras like ManyCam or AVStream. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/camera-app-does-not-work/933e26f9-e497-4c50-909f-f7bd789aac76
  7. All my emails prior to yesterday are missing. Where did they go and how do I restore them?

All my emails prior to yesterday are missing. Where did they go and how do I restore them?: All my emails prior to yesterday are missing. Where did they go, and how can I restore them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/all-my-emails-prior-to-yesterday-are-missing-where/caac2dbf-a663-452b-b9a8-22484857589b
  8. how to open mix file in windows 10

how to open mix file in windows 10: I have *.mix files which I can't open them in Windows 10. Is any application can be downloaded to open mix files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-open-mix-file-in-windows-10/495dc746-1b7e-4166-941a-809b409b6c44
  9. Keyboard accents stop working everytime

Keyboard accents stop working everytime: Hi everyone, I'm using Windows 10 system with Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050, and in about 5 in 5 minutes the accents stop working. As a workaround, I switch to another language, and the accents start working again. Now I have the Portuguese language with ABNT2 Keyboard and...
  10. Onedrive syncing new or deleted files but not modified files

Onedrive syncing new or deleted files but not modified files: Hello I've recently started using Onedrive - not sure it was a good idea! It's syncing ok when I add or delete files but not when I simply modify a file eg open a file with Excel make a change and close the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Steve...