Windows 10: How does Windows 10 conversion setup offline OneDrive files by default

Discus and support How does Windows 10 conversion setup offline OneDrive files by default in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I migrate to Windows 10, Placeholders will be deleted from my local OneDrive folder. Per folder selective sync will be available. But that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stlsailor, Jul 15, 2015.

1. stlsailor Win User

How does Windows 10 conversion setup offline OneDrive files by default

When I migrate to Windows 10,

• Placeholders will be deleted from my local OneDrive folder.
    • Per folder selective sync will be available.
    But that leaves a question…

• Will per folder selective sync be turned OFF by default at conversion?
      • This means offline files on the local OneDrive folder will be orphaned.
      • Therefore, to avoid confusion, I’d need to either (a) delete them since they’re available online and since sync is off, or (b) turn on selective sync for the folder they’re in and sync all files in the folder, or (c) do nothing if OneDrive automatically deleted them in the conversion.

• Or, will per folder selective sync be turned ON by default for folders that have offline files in them, syncing all files in such a folder?

• Or, will OneDrive try to sync all folders to my local OneDrive, overwhelming the smaller drive on my laptop?
    It seems to me this would be important to know, but I've not been able to find anything on it.

:)

stlsailor, Jul 15, 2015
  2. Ruz San Win User

STORAGE ISSUE

Hi Grace,

Your OneDrive setup may be consuming disk space on your computer if the files saved to OneDrive are available offline.

To free up more space on your hard disk, you can make your OneDrive files online only. The steps on how you can do so are provided through this

link.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Jul 15, 2015
  3. Why are my stored pictures in two seperate and different areas?

Hi Lux,

Your photos can be stored in your Pictures folder from
    This PC
    and in the OneDrive folder as well. The OneDrive folder can be the one that notifies if you're offline or not. Also, your uploaded photos from your phone can be stored automatically in the OneDrive folder which is why it is
    saying you're offline even if your PC is connected to the internet.

Refer to this link for more information regarding
    OneDrive on your PC
    as it can be very convenient for you.

However, if you would like to keep your photos in the Pictures folder, you can set where your files are saved instead of automatically saving those files in the OneDrive folder by default. Click on this link for the steps to

set the default save location of your files

Do let us know if there's anything else. We'll be more than happy to help.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 15, 2015
Thema:

How does Windows 10 conversion setup offline OneDrive files by default

1. How does Windows 10 conversion setup offline OneDrive files by default - Similar Threads - does conversion setup

2. File Conversion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Conversion: Does Microsoft provide an app that converts WMA files to MP3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-conversion/030b5b16-f4f4-46bc-b412-48571a7bf4b9
  3. File Conversion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Conversion: Does Microsoft provide an app that converts WMA files to MP3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-conversion/030b5b16-f4f4-46bc-b412-48571a7bf4b9
  4. File Conversion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 and offline files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and offline files: I have 2 laptops that have been using offline file for over a year now. Suddenly they cannot sign onto the laptops unless they are connected to the network. The idea of offline files is they can use their laptop while out of the office and come back and sync. Once it gets...
  6. Offline Account Setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Offline Account Setup: I have set up an offline account specifically for use by anyone other than myself whom I might let use my PC. Naturally, there are files, folders, and programs that should not be accessible by anyone other than administrator. I'm pretty happy with the limitations after...
  7. OneDrive Win 10 OpenOffice files default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Win 10 OpenOffice files default: One Drive Default OpenOffice files. I want OneDrive files to default to OpenOffice files in Files Explorer and OneDrive Backup. I have no interest in using online Microsoft Office applications nor OpenOffice applications. Please include instructions. As an alternative,...
  8. File conversion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File conversion: Procedure for converting FAT files to NTSF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-conversion/ede6c6f9-faca-4b37-8785-86b37fb2bce8
  9. Windows 10 Setup Offline Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Setup Offline Account: Why is the use offline account option during setup no longer available in Windows 10 Home while connected to internet, only in Windows 10 Professional and selecting option Setup for personal use? 144017
  10. File conversion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File conversion: Is it possible to convert a jpeg file to one that can be amended?. e.g. Word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-conversion/59d78d68-5ea5-46e9-b040-bb5af59b8921"