Windows 10: How does windows handwriting recognition work in win10?

Discus and support How does windows handwriting recognition work in win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In win7 handwriting recognition - tablet input app - is really easy to use but I can't get it to work properly in win10. It doesn't put the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by treads, Jul 30, 2015.

1. treads Win User

How does windows handwriting recognition work in win10?

In win7 handwriting recognition - tablet input app - is really easy to use but I can't get it to work properly in win10.
    It doesn't put the recognised words into the open document , also the app - TabTip (is this the right one?) seems to disappear off the screen, in win7 the tablet input app stays on top the whole time or u can minimise it to the side. what was the point of changing how this works? Anyone worked out how to use it yet?

update: I have got this working now. win10 recognised my bamboo wireless pad too.
    TabTip is the correct app for handwriting recognition, you can set the icon to appear in the lower right of the taskbar for easy access. Try it with word pad.

:)

treads, Jul 30, 2015
  2. okracer Win User

Windows 10 Input Panel/writing tool quality?

Hi all,

Regarding the touchscreen Input Panel
    ( with handwriting tool) , I had always enjoyed the
    Windows 7 version the best. It had a yellow background, the rectangle box was adjustable for sizing, and had one line of text. It was also easier to find the handwriting recognition tutorial.

The Windows 8 version was less user friendly, with a fixed box size, and the writing to text conversion speed seemed a little slower. The handwriting recognition tutorial is buried deep in the control panel,
    hard to find.

- Does anyone know what the Windows 10 Input Panel
    looks like or how well it works yet for handwriting recognition? Do we know if they have incorporated the good features of the 7 version back into it?

Thanks for any info!!!

John

okracer, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Handwriting recognition is significantly worse in Windows 10

A great question. MyScript Stylus is a nice program but it is not optimized for Windows 10. I have had very poor recognition results using it with Windows 10. I think the real issue about all this is that handwriting recognition worked well in earlier
    Windows version (XP, Vista, 7, 8, +8.1) and now it does not. As a writer and researcher I have used handwriting for many years. I began using it as an alternative to typing because I was dealing with Lyme disease and my hands hurt. I very quick learned,
    however, that for me composing with handwriting is much more efficient than typing. Sure, handwriting isn't for everyone, but its a shame that while tablet hardware has improved dramatically over the last ten years, handwriting recognition in Windows has
    declined so dramatically.

Jerry Williams, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

How does windows handwriting recognition work in win10?

1. How does windows handwriting recognition work in win10? - Similar Threads - does handwriting recognition

2. Handwriting recognition in Korean and Chinese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting recognition in Korean and Chinese: How can I draw Korean or Chinese characters on my graphics tablet and have them recognised as text?It was a text input mode under Windows 10. The IME is impractical, far too slow and primitive. Is that all there is under Windows 11?...
  3. Handwriting recognition in Korean and Chinese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handwriting recognition in Korean and Chinese: How can I draw Korean or Chinese characters on my graphics tablet and have them recognised as text?It was a text input mode under Windows 10. The IME is impractical, far too slow and primitive. Is that all there is under Windows 11?...
  4. Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic: I work mostly in Bulgarian and I badly need recognition of Bulgarian handwriting. Is it expected that there will be a similar decision soon in Windows?...
  5. Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic

Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic: I work mostly in Bulgarian and I badly need recognition of Bulgarian handwriting. Is it expected that there will be a similar decision soon in Windows?...
  6. How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting: I just need to start over. The answer needs to be specific to Windows 11 because the advanced language options and the ShapeCollector have been removed.My sister has used the handwriting successfully for about a year on her surface pro 8. Recently she has commented that as...
  7. How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting

How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting: I just need to start over. The answer needs to be specific to Windows 11 because the advanced language options and the ShapeCollector have been removed.My sister has used the handwriting successfully for about a year on her surface pro 8. Recently she has commented that as...
  8. How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting: I just need to start over. The answer needs to be specific to Windows 11 because the advanced language options and the ShapeCollector have been removed....
  9. How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting

How to Reset Handwriting Recognition and force Windows to Relearn my Handwriting: I just need to start over. The answer needs to be specific to Windows 11 because the advanced language options and the ShapeCollector have been removed....
  10. Persian/Arabic handwriting recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persian/Arabic handwriting recognition: Is Persian/Arabic handwriting recognition ink to text still unavailable?If yes why is that!? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/persianarabic-handwriting-recognition/99532e38-f15c-4edd-939a-0a431bcb18e1