Windows 10: How drag an icon to the quick start area of the Taskbar

Discus and support How drag an icon to the quick start area of the Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a program icon on my Desktop and would like to drag it to the Quick Start area of the Taskbar (the area second from the right of the screen / to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

How drag an icon to the quick start area of the Taskbar

I have a program icon on my Desktop and would like to drag it to the Quick Start area of the Taskbar (the area second from the right of the screen / to the left of the system tray or notification area.) I've tried left clicking and dragging - and right clicking and dragging - but the area won't accept the icon. I must be doing something wrong but don't know what. Please help.

:)

Nisko, Aug 20, 2018
  2. ms1406 Win User

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Wayne_925 Win User

Icon problem in Win 10 Quick Start on Task Bar

When I add icons to the Quick Start area of the Windows 10 taskbar they show up as identical, simple generic rectangles rather than useful & distinct icon pictures. I've restarted but the problem remains. The icons appear normal in the main taskbar launch
    area. How do I make them display as useful icons in Quick Start?

Wayne_925, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

1. How drag an icon to the quick start area of the Taskbar - Similar Threads - drag icon quick

2. drag file to icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drag file to icon in taskbar: Hi Trying to add a file to an email. usually with windows 10 you drag and hover over the Outlook icon in the taskbar then it opens and you drop it in the email. Now when you drag it to the outlook icon nothing happens???!?? Please do not tell me this does not exist in Windows...
  3. drag file to icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drag file to icon in taskbar: Hi Trying to add a file to an email. usually with windows 10 you drag and hover over the Outlook icon in the taskbar then it opens and you drop it in the email. Now when you drag it to the outlook icon nothing happens???!?? Please do not tell me this does not exist in Windows...
  4. Correct icon in search but missing when app pinned to start area. How to refresh start area...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Correct icon in search but missing when app pinned to start area. How to refresh start area...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/StW_FtW [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tx48dx/correct_icon_in_search_but_missing_when_app/
  5. Icons in Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Notification Area: I keep having to re-enable my preferred apps in the "Select which icons appear on Taskbar notification area". Is there a fix for this? 183716
  6. TIL you can remove, add and rearrange icons on the taskbar notification area by just drag...

TIL you can remove, add and rearrange icons on the taskbar notification area by just drag...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Matriks404 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8jiae/til_you_can_remove_add_and_rearrange_icons_on_the/
  7. Taskbar notification area icons missing

Taskbar notification area icons missing: Hello, can somebody help me please, some icons are "missing" from notification area, their visibility is hidden, I tried basic things to fix it and it wont work, please somebody :( https://prnt.sc/s0vj07 - next to volume icon there must be network icon and other icons too......
  8. How to show VPN active Icon in the Taskbar Notification Area?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to show VPN active Icon in the Taskbar Notification Area?: It is quite important to be able to see at a glance, if you are connected to the network through a VPN or through an unsecured connection. I cannot find any native setting in Windows 10 which would allow me to see if a VPN is active in the Notification Area. I first have to...
  9. Unhiding the icons in the bottom right area of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unhiding the icons in the bottom right area of the taskbar: Hi, in Windows 8.1 there was an option to "show icon and notifications" for the icons that were hidden by the upward pointing arrow. I cannot seem to find this option in Windows 10, is there any way to set it so more of my icons can be seen right on the bottom right area of...
  10. Suddenly cannot drag icons to Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly cannot drag icons to Quick Launch: Wanted to add a couple more websites to the quick launch section but when I drag the icons all I see is a square with an X that disappears. What is my problem? 51793