Windows 10: how get my documents into Microsoft Word.

Discus and support how get my documents into Microsoft Word. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just transitioned from Windows 7 32bit to Windows 764bit and now I have Windows 10 64 up and running. I need to install all my .doc files (my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yankee Clipper, May 13, 2016.

1. how get my documents into Microsoft Word.

I have just transitioned from Windows 7 32bit to Windows 764bit and now I have Windows 10 64 up and running.
    I need to install all my .doc files (my documents) to Microsoft Word so that I can read them. I can read all the file names but unable to read any text so I presume that they now have to be somehow placed in Microsoft Word which I have also installed.

:)

Yankee Clipper, May 13, 2016

2. Unable to print any documents after upgrading to Windows 10

I have all my documents in word perfect 11. Now Microsoft has upgraded my windows program to windows 10. I am unable to print any documents anymore. I click print and nothing happens. How can I get my Word Perfect to communicate with my printer. I never
    had this problem before. I also have windows word program so I highlighted my word perfect document, copied and pasted it to windows word and I was able to print the one document but I can't imaging having to do that to hundreds of documents. thank for help.

Alfonso Estrada, May 13, 2016
  3. Searching for Phrase in File Explorer

I'm not having a problem searching in folders of Excel and Word documents for single words like "word".

My problem is searching through Excel and Word documents in a folder for a phrase like ""how can I search for a phrase".

I'm getting results including individual words in the phrase like "how" or "I" but not the exact phrase.

Dan9Baldwin, May 13, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

how get my documents into Microsoft Word.

Not sure what you mean install into Microsoft Word. Were they made in Microsoft Word ? Did you upgrade to a newer version of Word since these .doc were made ? Usually right click the .doc and select open with, but if made in Word it will open in Word, Microsoft Word Pad will also open these.

jds63, May 13, 2016
  5. {QUOTE= I upgraded from Windows 7 64 to Windows 10 64. I had to do a clean install of Windows 7 so lost all my programs but not my backup files. Using "file explorer" I see all my documents but unable to read them. at this point I did not have Microsoft Word installed. I then Installed Microsoft Word and have it working but still unable to read My documents. Yes about 99 percent of these files were made with Microsoft Word and all that I see are .doc documents.
    No I have not upgraded Microsoft Word as they were made with the same version that I have.[/QUOTE]

7. jds63 Win User

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how get my documents into Microsoft Word.

1. how get my documents into Microsoft Word. - Similar Threads - documents Microsoft Word

2. My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...: I've already tried rest and uninstalled but when re-install the same thing is still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-word-is-uploding-all-of-my-documents/7536a5d4-bdad-461f-940a-15eba4495ffe
  3. My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...: I've already tried rest and uninstalled but when re-install the same thing is still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-word-is-uploding-all-of-my-documents/7536a5d4-bdad-461f-940a-15eba4495ffe
  4. Print Documents in Microsoft Word...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Documents in Microsoft Word...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-start/put-it-in-your-canon-printer-software-cd-disc-and/de1d62bc-0e4d-4ef1-99a6-3635b1f0d44c?lc=16393 School Bag All Unboxing Software Disc for School Bag Unboxing First Impressions...
  5. Print Documents in Microsoft Word...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Documents in Microsoft Word...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-start/put-it-in-your-canon-printer-software-cd-disc-and/de1d62bc-0e4d-4ef1-99a6-3635b1f0d44c?lc=16393 School Bag All Unboxing Software Disc for School Bag Unboxing First Impressions...
  6. my Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my Word documents: How do I change the way my Word documents open in Windows 10 Home? Currently they are divided in two segments, the recent documents and more documents. It is confusing and I panic because I think the bulk of my documents are missing or worse that Microsoft had deleted...
  7. Wordpad/Microsoft Word Documents

Wordpad/Microsoft Word Documents: I have recently updated my windows 10 and I tried to open Wordpad, I get a popup saying "Unable to create new document" And when I look under the Wordpad arrows for my saved documents the icon is missing and if I try to open one it says "The item selected is unavailable. It...
  8. how to covert a Microsoft word read only document to a normal document

how to covert a Microsoft word read only document to a normal document: how to convert a Microsoft read only word document to a normal document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-covert-a-microsoft-word-read-only-document/0bcf4118-70e3-4cab-a80d-3056b23f48a7"
  9. How can I get a word count for a document?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get a word count for a document?: How can I get a word count for a document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-a-word-count-for-a-document/c21c2105-ca42-46b6-824e-c43796edbf9c
  10. Locking a Word document. How to?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Locking a Word document. How to?: I am running Office 2016 on my Windows 10 Pro PC and have created a Word document I want to protect. I am the owner of the document and the administrator of the PC. So whats the easiest way to block access to the file? 122728