Windows 10: How good is Windows Update MiniTool?

Discus and support How good is Windows Update MiniTool? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So since my HDD broke down i thought I should do a proper installation of Windows 10 Pro including the right drivers So I downloaded them from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by doriandiaconu, Aug 1, 2016.

1. How good is Windows Update MiniTool?

So since my HDD broke down i thought I should do a proper installation of Windows 10 Pro including the right drivers

So I downloaded them from my manufacturer's website and then ran Windows Update.

Surfing around the internet I found this Update Tool. Everything seemed OK until it found some drivers that were missing, including an AMD Bus drive (I got no AMD components on my laptop - Lenovo Z50-70) and some other Intel drivers ( Chipset and Energy management tool). I ran install and nothing unusual happened until today when I checked the manufacturer website again and noticed that some of the drivers were updated. The only weird thing was that the Intel drivers downloaded via WUMT were newer than the ones from Lenovo AND the ones from the Intel website.

Has anyone encountered any problems with this tool? Whats your opinion regarsing the proper way to install drivers?

:)

doriandiaconu, Aug 1, 2016

2. how good is windows 10 for pc

lol Great evaluation How good is Windows Update MiniTool? :D

ThrashZone, Aug 1, 2016
  3. dovonta Win User
    how good is windows 10 for pc

what do you think email me

dovonta, Aug 1, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

How good is Windows Update MiniTool?

Surfing around and downloading some random driver update tool is going to get your computer infected. Windows will normally install the best driver for hardware, which is going to be most times what you download from the chipset manufacturer website. Only time to use the chipset mfg driver is if you are having issues with that device.

bro67, Aug 1, 2016
  5. WUMT uses Microsoft Update server, which is better than default Windows Update server, especially for drivers.
    I never had any problems with WUMT, it is a perfect replacement for faulty Windows Update management.
    If you do not like automatic updates, then it is no brainier, WU starts downloading as soon as you check.

TairikuOkami, Aug 1, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    I'm messing around with WUMT right now myself, and finding a lot to like about it. It seems to see drivers quite accurately and catches stuff that other decent-to-good tools (DriverAgent, DriverUpdate) seem to miss. So far, it's been pretty impressive.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How good is Windows Update MiniTool?

1. How good is Windows Update MiniTool? - Similar Threads - Update MiniTool

2. Windows 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update issue: I successfully installed update KB5036892 on Friday 12th April. Since then, windows update has been attempting to re-install the same update again. It shows that it is installing and then restarts the PC. This then presents a message that files need to be repaired and it...
  3. Windows 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update issue: I successfully installed update KB5036892 on Friday 12th April. Since then, windows update has been attempting to re-install the same update again. It shows that it is installing and then restarts the PC. This then presents a message that files need to be repaired and it...
  4. WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS

WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS: Finally plowed through errors that kept this program in upgrading to Version 1909. Did not realize before the fixes, anytime that I tried Wumt it would make several attempts to reload before it would throw the error code. Now when this application is launched to load 1909, it...
  5. Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool: Hello everybody! Here is my problem... I have disabled Automatic Windows Update using the Local Group Policy Editor. Instead, I use Windows Update mini tool. I run it every two weeks and I choose what to install and what not. After months of doing the job fine, today...
  6. Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool: Hello everybody! Here is my problem... I have disabled Automatic Windows Update using the Local Group Policy Editor. Instead, I use Windows Update mini tool. I run it every two weeks and I choose what to install and what not. After months of doing the job fine, today...
  7. Question about Windows update minitool and Windows update manager

Question about Windows update minitool and Windows update manager: Hi, I'm annoyed by Windows 10 auto updates (especially the driver ones) and I'mglad that I finally found a solution but I have some questions regarding Wumt and Wumgr: -Do they work on all editions of windows (home, pro...) -I read something about a wrapper script but I...
  8. MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added

MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added: MiniTool Partition wizard 11.6 New Released, For the new version, it has added Spanish as an optional language. It can be installed online and provides the free backup software MiniTool ShadowMaker and updates the Data Recovery module to its latest build. Spanish Language...
  9. Windows update settings and Windows update minitool problem

Windows update settings and Windows update minitool problem: I used the tool. I updated periodically one by one due to my daily download limit. I updated a few updates. Finally I have to update latest cumulative windows x64 update 4013429. That tool could not update that. When I went to settings|update, I get like the pic below. It...
  10. Windows Update MiniTool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update MiniTool: You can use this tool Windows update minitool , Windows Update MiniTool Download I just tried this and it found several drivers that needed updates. As I precaution I manually checked a couple of devices in Device Manager, and sure enough they updated. This tool is...