Windows 10: how i fixed my headphones not working windows 10 home edition 64bit

Discus and support how i fixed my headphones not working windows 10 home edition 64bit in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The other day went to listen to a film via headphones only find out that they were not working they worked on radio in kitchen and worked before on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dj23gk, Aug 20, 2018.

1. dj23gk Win User

how i fixed my headphones not working windows 10 home edition 64bit

The other day went to listen to a film via headphones only find out that they were not working they worked on radio in kitchen and worked before on my pc

tried windows trouble shooter no success

trouble shooter said all ok with drivers etc but still not working

eventually found link for dell audio driver download after many hours of searching nail biting and cursing

https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/drivers/DriversDetails?productCode=inspiron-15-7537&driverId=1CXN7

copy past link and try it may solve your problem

somehow my laptop had wrong audio driver installed god knows how

reinstalled this audio driver from this link and headphones are back to full working order

Realtek audio driver 6.0.1.7534 no good headphones not working downloaded 6.0.1.7564 headphones working like a dream

did notice on pc had MaxxAudio pro installed must have been installed by dell somehow this software did not work so removed uninstalled it .may be dell installed wrong driver ? when installing MaxxAudio pro ?

need to let other pc users to try this may help a lot of people with headphone problems

don't know if Dell has any test facility function to test headphones and audio driver similar to Microsoft trouble shooter

so dell could run a diagnostic tool on laptop with headphones plugged in so it could run different audio drivers

to see which driver makes the head phones work then once pc owner selects yes box phones working dell installs that driver

:)

dj23gk, Aug 20, 2018

2. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Joythar K Win User

Headphones don't work in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with headphones not working in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and I am glad to help you.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to provide me with the following information.

• What is the make and model of the headphones?

• Have you tried connecting the headphones to another jack or another computer and checked if they are working?
    Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers
    automatically cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Note: If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues
    and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter

If issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.

If issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

This happens when you have the speakers set to default. We need to set the headphones as default. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Perform the task mentioned below to set speakers as default.

• Go to Start and click on control Panel.

• Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

• In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

• Now check if the headphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

• Highlight that headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Preethu” replied on April 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Headphones not working in Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Joythar K, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

1. how i fixed my headphones not working windows 10 home edition 64bit - Similar Threads - fixed headphones working

2. will my Windows 10 home edition OEM product key work for the windows 11 home edition if I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will my Windows 10 home edition OEM product key work for the windows 11 home edition if I...: Hi, My laptop has a built-in OEM Windows 10 home edition product key. And I heard that the free upgrade to Windows 11 might only be until Oct of 2022. I don't want to upgrade my windows from 10 to 11 right away as I heard there are lots of bugs in Windows 11 now. Instead I...
  3. will my Windows 10 home edition OEM product key work for the windows 11 home edition if I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will my Windows 10 home edition OEM product key work for the windows 11 home edition if I...: Hi, My laptop has a built-in OEM Windows 10 home edition product key. And I heard that the free upgrade to Windows 11 might only be until Oct of 2022. I don't want to upgrade my windows from 10 to 11 right away as I heard there are lots of bugs in Windows 11 now. Instead I...
  4. how to transfer my windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer my windows 10 home edition: Hello, Im someone who would be upgrading the laptop, but the harddrive seems to not have any system downloaded in it, so instead i decided i maybe can trasnfer my copy to there, but i searched and couldnt find anything other than some people asking ''how do i transfer my...
  5. how to transfer my windows 10 home edition

how to transfer my windows 10 home edition: Hello, Im someone who would be upgrading the laptop, but the harddrive seems to not have any system downloaded in it, so instead i decided i maybe can trasnfer my copy to there, but i searched and couldnt find anything other than some people asking ''how do i transfer my...
  6. Windows 10 home 64bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home 64bit: My lenovo idea pad running windows 10 home 64bit seems to have crashed. I turn on my laptop, it says diagnosing then it says it cannot repair ayatem and gives me the option to shut off or advanced options. What do i do now???...
  7. How can I upgrade my Win 10 64bit home ed to Win 10 64bit pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I upgrade my Win 10 64bit home ed to Win 10 64bit pro?: I want to upgrade my Win 10 64bit home ed to Win 10 64bit pro, can it be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-my-win-10-64bit-home-ed-to-win/b70e49ce-e3da-4f0a-9725-9af0db3ac449"
  8. Windows 10 64bit Home edition recovery drive question.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 64bit Home edition recovery drive question.: I had to reinstall windows 10 a few days ago and because of the issues I had, I wanted to make a drive that would help me with restoring my system. I was doing some research and then I went to the disk management and discovered that Windows 10 has already created a 450mb...
  9. windows 10 Home 64bit

windows 10 Home 64bit: I am having a horrible day! I have been up all night! I was not helped by this answer I had a little different problem about the same thing. If you to settings and reset the apps. It did help. Slowly things have been coming back. Still there are over 60% that were removed....
  10. Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Encoding problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Encoding problems: I have this problem with Windows 10 Home edition. When I open some basic text file, .srt or .txt for example, it has different encoding than it has when it was saved. It looks like I have wrong default encoding set in Windows because I need to change manually encoding of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones not plugged in windows 10 64bit