Windows 10: How install WiFi driver from another Windows ?

Discus and support How install WiFi driver from another Windows ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I'm using Windows 10 64 bit on Dell Inspiron 7110, but my bandwidth is slowdown. But in Windows 8 the bandwidth is fine, so how could I install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hpbaxxter, May 11, 2017.

1. hpbaxxter Win User

How install WiFi driver from another Windows ?

Hello
    I'm using Windows 10 64 bit on Dell Inspiron 7110, but my bandwidth is slowdown.
    But in Windows 8 the bandwidth is fine, so how could I install the old Wireless driver from Windows 8.

I tried to install driver from the Dell site but Windows 10 isn't compatible for my PC.
    - The problem started after the upgrading from windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
    - I don't get any error message when I connect to the network.
    - And yes I had checked if any of my programs consume my bandwidth and no program is affecting.

I have a copy of "Sys" file of the old driver, I tried to replace them but it didn't work maybe I didn't did it by the right way : athrx.sys and vwifibus.sys, vwifibus.sys and athw8x.sys.

:)

hpbaxxter, May 11, 2017

2. Windows 10, PRO version and WiFi driver

Windows 8 Pro I upgraded to 8.1 . Then I installed Windows 10, but is not installed in the Pro version and not the installed driver for WiFi . How do I upgrade to the Pro version? How can I install WiFi driver?

Zlatko Kolaric, May 11, 2017
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Moving Win10 Fall Creator Update to external hard drive for install

Hi Barb,

Interference with the update can also be caused by devices location (router) and Internet speed.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. If I uninstall my WiFi drivers will this be enough to stop the interference with the update?

• There is no guarantee that reinstalling the WiFi driver will immediately resolve update interference since there are other factors that we need to consider when installing the update like the Internet speed and location of routers, devices, and etc.

2. Will it be looking for the drivers that go with my original WiFi card OR some generic driver that MS includes?

• Windows will look for a generic driver in order for the device to work, but you can always download and install the driver directly from the manufacturers website.

3. I know that the Update is downloaded in Software Distribution folder BUT how do I know WHICH update it is so I can move it to the external drive? How do I make sure my computer knows it is installing from the external on the reboots? Is the
    WiFi necessary for the reboots.

• There is no way to install Windows Update to another drive or even external storage.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, May 11, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Are the drivers you copy over signed drivers as your runing a 64 bit o/s so all drivers must be signed

Samuria, May 11, 2017
  5. hpbaxxter Win User
    I was running 64 bit OS.

hpbaxxter, May 11, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    You need the .INF file right click on it choose install

Samuria, May 11, 2017
  7. hpbaxxter Win User
    where could I find it ? and what is the name of the file ?

hpbaxxter, May 11, 2017
  8. hpbaxxter Win User

I reinstalled Windows 8 and the problem is keeping appeared, I guess its not the Windows 10 driver because my laptop could detect any router but this D link 2750 U (I have checked with another one) and my router D link 2750 U could be detected by the other PC !
    note : I have installed the latest firmware from the official site

hpbaxxter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How install WiFi driver from another Windows ? - Similar Threads - install WiFi driver

2. How to recover windows install from another drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover windows install from another drive.: Had a PC company install an nvme ssd for me. Would have done it myself but that would have voided the warranty. I come back to find that they said cloning the data from my small ssd to my new larger one failed, and they just installed windows on the new one and that I could...
  3. How to recover windows install from another drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover windows install from another drive.: Had a PC company install an nvme ssd for me. Would have done it myself but that would have voided the warranty. I come back to find that they said cloning the data from my small ssd to my new larger one failed, and they just installed windows on the new one and that I could...
  4. How to recover windows install from another drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to re install wifi drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re install wifi drivers?: Wifi doesn't connect for very long periods of time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-re-install-wifi-drivers/31369e88-ddb1-4ab7-91bb-9ed411d2a995
  6. How to re install wifi drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re install wifi drivers?: Wifi doesn't connect for very long periods of time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-re-install-wifi-drivers/31369e88-ddb1-4ab7-91bb-9ed411d2a995
  7. how to re-install WiFi drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to re-install WiFi drivers: I keep on getting: There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter. How do I re-install the Wi-Fi drivers? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-re-install-wifi-drivers/bb2c058e-e4e7-4f52-b021-c6658991b76a
  8. how to install wifi driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to install wifi driver: how to install network adapter driver downloaded & unzipped, but no adapter in device manager to right click and install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-wifi-driver/530f994c-cfc9-493c-8b09-21bc480f238f
  9. How to install WiFi drivers for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to install WiFi drivers for Windows 10: [ATTACH] Without requisite drivers installed, the hardware you try to connect to your PC will fail. Manufacturers develop drivers so that the OS running on your machine can work harmoniously with your devices and applications. Internet WiFi connections can fail if [...] This...
  10. How to install wifi driver in windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to install wifi driver in windows subsystem for Linux: Recently i installed Ubuntu on windows 10 (windows subsystem for Linux) when i check wlan device i not found any device but it working in win10. but not working and showing in linux (windows subsystem for Linux) Wifi usb device intex...