Windows 10: How Is MS Edge Running From A Cold Boot?

Discus and support How Is MS Edge Running From A Cold Boot? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Yesterday while doing my weekly CCleaner routine I got this: [img] Had to do a "Force Close". I initially thought it may have been some leftover... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wiley Coyote, Jun 3, 2018.

1. How Is MS Edge Running From A Cold Boot?

Yesterday while doing my weekly CCleaner routine I got this:

How Is MS Edge Running From A Cold Boot? [​IMG]

Had to do a "Force Close". I initially thought it may have been some leftover something still running. Today when I encountered another issue, I did a Shutdown. Came back, booted up and started CCleaner with no other apps being started. It popped up again and another Force Close. Looking through Task Manager I can't find Edge running when this happens.

:)

Wiley Coyote, Jun 3, 2018

2. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Mister Azaruddin,

Did You prove to do your suggestion to enable flash player on MS Edge on Windows phone 10 ?

It seems not.

Regards,

Paulo Ernane

PauloErnane, Jun 4, 2018
  3. microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

Hi Robert,

We suggest that you open Microsoft Edge via Run just to verify if Microsoft Edge is installed in the PC. If it comes up, pin it to the taskbar.

To open Microsoft Edge via Run, see steps below:

• Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R.
    • In the text field, type microsoft-edge: and then click
      OK

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

How Is MS Edge Running From A Cold Boot?

1. How Is MS Edge Running From A Cold Boot? - Similar Threads - Edge Running Cold

2. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  3. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  4. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen after booting from a cold boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after booting from a cold boot: Hey guys, so whenever I boot my pc especially from a cold state, the pc post, and boots and I get a black screen after loading the icon in the bios. Both my mouse and keyboard don't work and the cursor won't show up. Only RGB lightning works and when I press caps lock or num...
  6. No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.: Whenever I do a restart boot I get the Windows Startup sound. If I boot from Shutdown I do not get it. Is this the way it should be? Thank you. 131275
  7. BSOD on cold boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  8. Cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cold boot issues: Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a bit before shutting itself down , then i need to power it on again and it will boot after a while. It also creates massive...
  9. Win 10 will cold boot but not restart while running??

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 will cold boot but not restart while running??: Did a clean install of Win10. All went well and all working. However, after I did a few Microsoft “Updates” I could no longer get the PC to do a “Restart”. Yes, I could and can start the PC from a cold Boot. I’ve also installed Win10 on another computer and it has...
  10. NumLock status at logon from cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    NumLock status at logon from cold boot: Hi all, bit of a weird one here. I chose to log in use the PIN option. I like typing with the num pad. At the log on screen Num Lock was always off. 1. Checked the BIOS settings: Ensured that the NumLock status in the BIOS was set to enabled 2. Modified the...