Windows 10: How is my "device at risk" for a silly forced Windows 10 update not installing itself properly?

Discus and support How is my "device at risk" for a silly forced Windows 10 update not installing itself properly? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My device should be at risk if I forced my computer to install or upload or update or download something wrong. Not if an automated update imports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Apryl S., Aug 28, 2018.

1. Apryl S. Win User

How is my "device at risk" for a silly forced Windows 10 update not installing itself properly?

My device should be at risk if I forced my computer to install or upload or update or download something wrong. Not if an automated update imports itself incorrectly? How can Microsoft engineer something so faulty that MY device is "at risk" for IT installing incorrectly????

Not to mention if you copy and paste the threatening "error" message in its fancy red font "Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going". Yes, scary to see that isn't it? Rushing to the internet to fix the "problem" by installing something your computer doesn't need, aren't you? Use your heads. Google this exact same message, copy and paste, and see that THOUSANDS of people on several sites and this one have the same issue. Can Microsoft REALLY make money if we ALL are running devices that are about to BREAK because of ITS update? No one thought to simply ask HOW your device is "at risk"? So *I* will ask. HOW is my device at risk???? What is the "risk"? Why do *I* have to do fancy stuff and install random software to FIX MICROSOFT'S issue?? No one thought to get compensation, or at least an explanation???

Last time something forced itself into my computer and without my permission or knowing, and then my device became "at risk" IT WAS A MALWARE VIRUS. Not a Microsoft UPDATE for 3D effects!

Now when the update first tried to install itself, I didn't even know that it was, until I turned my computer off, got some beauty sleep, and woke up to another bright beautiful day, and then saw "Getting your device ready, do not turn off" and waiting for it to install.God knows what, and then just dealing with it, and then restarting my computer, and then getting on with my day before I see a pesky notification saying, "Updates didn't install." And then my computer slows down, and then I go to This PC in File Explorer, and see that this PHANTOM update is trying itself AGAIN NOT PERMITTED and SUCKING UP a DOZEN GB. So I go to Updates and Security in Settings and click on "see what's new in this update" as it installs (without my permission) and it's some NONSENSE about "3D effects, and adding contacts to toolbar/desktop." THAT'S IT. THAT'S what's forcing itself and using my GB?! And THEN it fails OVER AND OVER for mysterious reasons, and then it asks me "Pending Updates: Countdown to 'GOODNESS': Pick a time to restart your device." And it fails. And does the whole entire demonic process again of mysteriously installing, mysteriously devouring my GB, and mysteriously failing, and asking me to try again. It does this honestly about 10 times! Until this morning, when it finally did...something...and gave me this "error message" about my device being at risk. THREATENING me to install the stupidness! For "3D effects." My computer is at risk because it didn't properly install 3D effects???

MICROSOFT Get yourself together before I buy LINUX OR MAC. LIKE A NORMAL PERSON. Your a multi BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY. You don't need to FORCE AND THREATEN people to install FAULTY software for more money, do you????

:)

Apryl S., Aug 28, 2018

2. Risk of forcing update

I found this trick (shared by friends) about forcing update to those who hasn't received Win10 notification yet

pocketnow.com/2015/07/29/force-windows-10-update

Is there any risk of forcing update this way for Windows 10?

Muhamad Iqbal, Aug 28, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 28, 2018
  4. chispy Win User

How is my "device at risk" for a silly forced Windows 10 update not installing itself properly?

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. How is my "device at risk" for a silly forced Windows 10 update not installing itself properly? - Similar Threads - device risk silly

2. How do i FORCE my computer to reinstall the windows update APP itself??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i FORCE my computer to reinstall the windows update APP itself??: So all i can find on here is carbon-copy bs and answers to questions that weren't asked, it's extremely irritating and unhelpful.My windows update is STUCK. WILL NOT UPDATE ANYTHING IN ANY WAY.so when the top result of how to fix windows updates is "run windows updates" -...
  3. How do i FORCE my computer to reinstall the windows update APP itself??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i FORCE my computer to reinstall the windows update APP itself??: So all i can find on here is carbon-copy bs and answers to questions that weren't asked, it's extremely irritating and unhelpful.My windows update is STUCK. WILL NOT UPDATE ANYTHING IN ANY WAY.so when the top result of how to fix windows updates is "run windows updates" -...
  4. How do i FORCE my computer to reinstall the windows update APP itself??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to properly update my windows 10 drivers ?

How to properly update my windows 10 drivers ?: I need to download chipset drivers from the manufacture official ASUS website.I found there many list of chipset drivers available to download and i dont know which ones should i pick.You can notice that there are many drivers with a different names wrapped together under...
  6. Risks of installing windows 11 on unsupported devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Risks of installing windows 11 on unsupported devices?: So as far as I can tell Microsoft says don't install Win11 on unsupported devices because you will not receive updates? But my 10-year-old laptop with Win11 is still receiving Security and cumulative updates?What updates are we getting on Win10 that we are not getting on...
  7. Risks of installing windows 11 on unsupported devices?

Risks of installing windows 11 on unsupported devices?: So as far as I can tell Microsoft says don't install Win11 on unsupported devices because you will not receive updates? But my 10-year-old laptop with Win11 is still receiving Security and cumulative updates?What updates are we getting on Win10 that we are not getting on...
  8. My Windows 10 will not install the 20H2 update & Also displays Security Risk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 will not install the 20H2 update & Also displays Security Risk: It is now June 2021I found this thread here that Addresses my problem but the thread was locked 1 month ago so i cannot add my feedback to the Flames of this huge bonfireHere is what other people are saying:My Windows 10 Version 20H2 will not install the update 0x80004005. -...
  9. How to force update Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to force update Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 feature updates, they do it in phases. It means that they are not available to everyone right away. While it is possible to force update Windows 10, you should understand a few things. The [...] This post How to force...
  10. Windows 10 Force Installing Broken Update To My Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Force Installing Broken Update To My Computer: I have Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1703 installed on my computer, and, lately, it has been force installing these update to my computer: KB4022725 and KB4025376 are the two updates, and, whenever I restart my computer, it gets to a certain point in the update, and, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpedit.msc group policy Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:editor