Windows 10: How is this happening?

Discus and support How is this happening? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My system is running Ver. 1709 just fine. I've tried several times to install the 1803 upgrade, but each attempt fails and reverts my system back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bbinnard, May 6, 2018.

1. bbinnard Win User

How is this happening?

My system is running Ver. 1709 just fine. I've tried several times to install the 1803 upgrade, but each attempt fails and reverts my system back to 1709. So to stop this from happening I have disable the Windows Update service.

But every few days I get the message "Updates available", and there is 1803 in my update queue. And the status of the Update service is changed from Disabled to Manual.

I just want Windows Update to leave me alone until I start seeing postings that the 1803 update is working reasonably well. Is there a way to do this?

:)

bbinnard, May 6, 2018
Thema:

How is this happening?

1. How is this happening? - Similar Threads - happening

2. Windows 11 "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn’t Available."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn’t Available.": On connecting an external hard disk to a HP laptop, I found file explorer had slow response with looping after upgrading Windows 11. I could not stop file explorer in task manager and could not shut down Windows 11 so I powered off the the laptop. When I restarted the Windows...
  3. Windows 11 "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn’t Available."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn’t Available.": On connecting an external hard disk to a HP laptop, I found file explorer had slow response with looping after upgrading Windows 11. I could not stop file explorer in task manager and could not shut down Windows 11 so I powered off the the laptop. When I restarted the Windows...
  4. I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...: I'm trying to add a picture but it's not working but it's a prompt that covers most of the screen it's purple and says please wait in the middle with the option can cel in the bottom right corner, and also games such as roblox and I tried everything...
  5. I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...

I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...: I'm trying to add a picture but it's not working but it's a prompt that covers most of the screen it's purple and says please wait in the middle with the option can cel in the bottom right corner, and also games such as roblox and I tried everything...
  6. How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...: For a couple of days now I have been experiencing rough ping spikes while gaming and video streaming. It happens between consistent intervals, usually around every 8-15 seconds. It will jump up to 200 or even 300 and then back down. I have tried many solutions but nothing has...
  7. How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...

How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...: For a couple of days now I have been experiencing rough ping spikes while gaming and video streaming. It happens between consistent intervals, usually around every 8-15 seconds. It will jump up to 200 or even 300 and then back down. I have tried many solutions but nothing has...
  8. What happen with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happen with my laptop?: I dont restart the laptop after update a haft of Windows 11 one drive dont enough to update, I restart but it has problem, I press anything,, it does boots and it requires me restart again. Then, it shut down and now I can't turn on my laptop and I plug in, the light dont...
  9. What happen with my laptop?

What happen with my laptop?: I dont restart the laptop after update a haft of Windows 11 one drive dont enough to update, I restart but it has problem, I press anything,, it does boots and it requires me restart again. Then, it shut down and now I can't turn on my laptop and I plug in, the light dont...
  10. Stuck at 62% and nothing is happening

Stuck at 62% and nothing is happening: I am resetting my pcnot factory reset and for more than an hour it is preparing to reset and is stuck at 62%. I tried cancelling and trying it again but still gets stuck at 62%....