Windows 10: How isolate the second EThernet port

Discus and support How isolate the second EThernet port in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a PC with two Ethernet ports. One is DHCP and used as main network connection. The second does not have IP address, is point-to-point connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by papymuzo, Aug 9, 2017.

1. papymuzo Win User

How isolate the second EThernet port

I have a PC with two Ethernet ports. One is DHCP and used as main network connection. The second does not have IP address, is point-to-point connected to a packet generator and I use it as Wireshark capture port.

Everything works fine, I can see all incoming packets. The problem is I get, also all broadcasts which my PC gets on the main network.

How can I stop getting these broadcasts on the second Ethernet port ?

:)

papymuzo, Aug 9, 2017

2. Internet keeps getting disconnected from the router

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• Is the Ethernet cable tightly connected to your PC and router?
    • Have you tried using a different Ethernet cable or plugging the cable on a different Ethernet port on your router and PC?
    • Have you tried checking the Ethernet cable if there's any physical damage?

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Aug 9, 2017
  3. How to use the ethernet port connection

Hi,

Do you have the MC75 sled with the Ethernet port? If so then you should be abe to setup the Ethernet driver that is built into the device. It should tell you any IP address information as part of the driver.

From my review of the specs, they do not have a built-in Ethernet port. However they do have Wi-Fi and optionally cellilar networks.

Chris De Herrera, Aug 9, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Not enough information. Most Desktops come with an onboard/built-in Ethernet port but additional cards can be added so we need to know about that. Dell is the Maker so knowing the Model Name and Model Number are important as Dell has been known to use the same Model Name on Desktops and Notebooks.

Berton, Aug 9, 2017
  5. papymuzo Win User
    DELL Precision 3620. There is only one native Ethernet port. The second is an USB to Ethernet.

papymuzo, Aug 9, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    The USB does not create a network adapter. You have a single Ethernet port that is going to get used. As for the USB port, I am guessing that you have either a wifi adapter or created a bridge between it and the Ethernet port.

bro67, Aug 10, 2017
  7. papymuzo Win User
    Really ? I must be dreaming...

How isolate the second EThernet port [​IMG]

The first is the native the second is the USB to Ethernet.
    What about the question I asked ?

papymuzo, Aug 10, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

First off, the build sheet that Dell included with that machine would state what is included, or go to the support page and enter the Service ID and it will show you what was installed on that machine before getting shipped out.

If your unit has the Thunderbolt in it, that is what is called a Plugable Ethernet. Pretty soon Thunderbolt will knock out the standard HDMI interface, because Thunderbolt can deliver video data faster than HDMI. Also with USB-C having built in power for those devices that would charge off of it. It also means that older 1 & 2 versions of USB tech are going to go away. Just look at the firewire fiasco and a few others.

bro67, Aug 10, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    Very true. Dell computers have 2 numbers on a sticker somewhere on the case or battery compartment on Notebooks, one is the Service Tag to get data for the model and the other is the Express Service Code for getting what was shipped, quite valuable information. The sticker will be white with black print or black with white or silver print. I have seen the Dell Service Tag number in BIOSes.

Berton, Aug 10, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    The Macbooks are the same way. Even better is that they have it set up to connect to Apple's servers to reinstall the OS, which in my case, the Early 2015 Macbook Airs came out when the previous before Sierra was released.

I have a Dell that if you use their tool, it pulls the info and warranty info, which shows my wife's stepmom as the owner. I have the Dell and a HP Pavilion d4000 series sitting in the basement right now, with a Lenovo M58p unit in our home office. I want to swap out the motherboard in the full tower case, just cannot find one that does not have the PS2 ports or Parallel and Serial.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How isolate the second EThernet port - Similar Threads - isolate second EThernet

2. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port: Hello EveryoneI connect my PC to my Raspberry Pi over Ethernet cable. And initialize my RPi as server host to share its USB ports with my PC. And initialize my PC as client host to get access to the RPi's USB ports. When connect a flash memory to my RPi, I can access it...
  3. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port: Hello EveryoneI connect my PC to my Raspberry Pi over Ethernet cable. And initialize my RPi as server host to share its USB ports with my PC. And initialize my PC as client host to get access to the RPi's USB ports. When connect a flash memory to my RPi, I can access it...
  4. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK: Hi I bought from the market USB Ethernet Adapter Version QTS1081B no 9700 and it has CD for driver installationhence may laptop has no CD drive so where can i download applicable driver from?...
  6. ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK: Hi I bought from the market USB Ethernet Adapter Version QTS1081B no 9700 and it has CD for driver installationhence may laptop has no CD drive so where can i download applicable driver from?...
  7. ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Ethernet Port Issues

Ethernet Port Issues: I am having troubles with my ethernet port not connecting to my router. The router shows that it is sending data to the ethernet port, but when I run the troubleshooting, it is saying "Ethernet 2 doesn't have a valid IP Configuration". I haven't messed with my config and...
  9. Ethernet port not detected in PC

Ethernet port not detected in PC: I accidentally deleted my ethernet network adapter from under device manager. I am using windows 10-64 bit and on a asus rog strix b350. My desktop doesnt detect the ethernet port at all. It doesnt show up when I scan network adapters for hardware changes. How would I get my...
  10. How to use Ethernet Port to output internet

How to use Ethernet Port to output internet: Hello all, this is my first post on this forum, but not my first forum post. I have an HP model 110-243w and to keep it simple, it does have built-in Wi-Fi and that works fine, but I would like to be able to plug something into the ethernet port on the back and use that to...