Windows 10: How Long can one use Windows Live Mail 2012 in W10

Discus and support How Long can one use Windows Live Mail 2012 in W10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Had a an error code problem with my ISP emails and MS people told me that there was a problem with WLM that I now need to use Outlook 2016 as my email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gabbydgar, Jan 15, 2017.

1. gabbydgar Win User

How Long can one use Windows Live Mail 2012 in W10

Had a an error code problem with my ISP emails and MS people told me that there was a problem with WLM that I now need to use Outlook 2016 as my email program or I will continue to have problems. I think I spent money for nothing on this stand alone product, wonder if I should seek a refund.

:)

gabbydgar, Jan 15, 2017

2. Create a New folder option in Windows 10 Mail App

Why is there no "New Folder " facility on the W10 Mail App.

You can create a folder from "New Folder" in Outlook.com and then sync that folder to the Mail App on the laptop.

This seems a long winded approach.

Windows Live Mail 2012 has a simple folder facility which Microsoft wish us to discontinue(see forthcoming changes to WLM 2012 sync changes coming in June 2016) and use the Windows 10 mail App.

So Microsoft please can we have the "New Folder" facility that appears to be only offered on the Outlook.com web on the Laptop/Computer Mail App.

robin hood 1, Jan 15, 2017
  3. LukVdH Win User
    Why can't I mark something as spam in windows 10 mail?

The worst thing is: Microsoft knows very well how a decent full-featured mail-application should look: they have Windows Live Mail 2012.

The Windows 10 mail and calendar app are kids-toys compared to Live Mail 2012.

ANd one has to switch to the new mail app when one uses @outlook.com adresses.

Or "you can use the webinterface". Yeah, ever tried that? It can't get slower than that, does it? (It will get slower, it's Microsoft).

LukVdH, Jan 15, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Berton, Jan 15, 2017
  5. gabbydgar Win User
    I paid for stand alone Outlook 2016 per my chat with MS people due to problems I was having with my WLM and my ISP. I was told that this would take care of my email problems. I did find it strange that two hours later my email and internet were working ok. Other than downloading the Outlook I really have done nothing with it, still using WLM 2012 and things so far are good. I think I was sold a bill of goods, if you know what I mean. I was trying to find out how long WLM 2012 will keep on working on the w10 system and with the ISP's.

gabbydgar, Jan 15, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    WLM will keep working without updated security features but one favored target of those who cause hate and discontent or infections is E-Mail clients. Guess it all depends upon how much risk one wants to take to stay with a product. Personally, for an installable E-Mail Client, I have been looking closely at the free SeaMonkey Internet Browser and its accompanying E-Mail Client. It's cross-platform, works on Linux, osMAC [current version renamed from Mac OS X] and Windows. Some folks like the free Mozilla Thunderbird E-Mail Client, some like Incredi-Mail, every now and then hear about Eudora.

Berton, Jan 15, 2017
  7. chuck1959 Win User
    I decided to get/buy MS Office with all the goodies and it's been costing me a bit over 10 bucks a month and it's never changed. This was for MS Office 365. I then signed up for the MS insider program but on the slow ring for Office 2016. No price change, no problems or issues with anything. IMHO I believe people should do what they feel comfortable with. Am I making a recommendation, maybe, to use Outlook 2016. I have used MS Office for Gmail, Yahoo (until they started charging to use it in MS Outlook) and various other email accounts. I find it is now much easier to use and syncs fairly decent. I have heard the horror stories but I believe they are mostly isolated cases.

Slightly off topic but I think within the realm. A lot of people I know have installed pirated copies of software, music, movies and all and they seem to be the ones having issues with upgrading Windows OS or Office etc. I know this may sound strange but I have never had illegal software on my computer and everything MS sends to me is installed without any problems. I added this not that anyone has pirated software but rather a question to other more knowledgeable people here on the forums. Could there be a backhaul system that may be checking for such things and MS and other companies are crashing the installs? It's been in the back of my mind after looking at many forums around the net and seeing people actually list things that appear to be pirated/hacked copies of things and their upgrades go south. I pose this as a curiosity not actually a debate. What say the forum experts?

chuck1959, Jan 15, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

Chuck, it's quite possible especially considering the "telemetry" of programs doing ET's call home thingy. But then how can that be proved? It's a lot like the old question about viruses being written by the same folks that write the antivirus/malware programs, who better knows how to?

Berton, Jan 15, 2017
  9. gpstoloff Win User
    Folks, the original issue with WLM has been the loss of support for Outlook.com accounts, because MS has converted their webmail system to not accept the former Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) protocol. That's been known, published, and Ten Forums-ized for over a year.

BUT WLM still works for other ISP's, because they are using either IMAP &/or POP3 protocols for their downloads.

The new issue is that MS has ended all support for ALL Windows Live Essentials programs, which includes WLM as of this month.

BUT, that doesn't mean that WLM will no longer work for ISPs other than Outlook.com! (Pardon the double negative.) It merely indicates that:
    • MS will no longer provide the programs for download.
    • You will have to search the Web for another source of the full code for download. MS's web installer won't work, anymore.
    • MS will no longer develop any security patches for WLM (as if they did in the last 18 months, either).
    • There won't likely be any need for code patches, to support changes to IMAP or POP3. They've both been essentially stable for years.

gpstoloff, Jan 15, 2017
  10. gabbydgar Win User
    Thanks to all the members for their comments on this topic. MS has refunded my money for Outlook 2016 after I explained my unhappiness with their so called ":tech's" advice relative to my problem.

gabbydgar, Jan 16, 2017
  11. essenbe Win User
    WLM will work for Outlook if you set the account up as IMAP instead of POP.

essenbe, Jan 16, 2017
  12. Helmut Win User
    The error message in Windows Live Mail 2012 is Delta Sync on Outlook Email accounts. Depends when your Outlook Email was 'upgraded' for me it was about last October. Then Outlook Email accounts ceased to work. They were always IMAP.

In Windows 10 the Mail App and the People Apps are the built in equivalents. The Email App is a poor design.

Windows Live Mail 2012 is no longer supported by MS along with the rest of the Windows Essentials package.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How Long can one use Windows Live Mail 2012 in W10 - Similar Threads - Long Live Mail

2. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  4. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Hello, We use Windows Live Mail, but since yesterday we cannot send any mails anymore. The mails we receive have following error message : The message cannot be displayed Windows Live Mail has detected an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check that...
  5. windows live mail 2012

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows live mail 2012: had login screen come up and put in password.said ok screen come right back. had to call spectrum reset password now cannot receive my emails. beanner61 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-2012/829e29db-dfac-4df8-8a10-11bbe2edc146
  6. Windows Live Mail 2012

Windows Live Mail 2012: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my Live Mail does not work. How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-2012/2f61c61a-b436-4e40-9beb-9b082c587a53
  7. Windows Live mail 2012

Windows Live mail 2012: I use live mail 2012 and was aware of the end of support. 2 days ago I find my access to my emails has been blocked by error0x800C013E. Not able to send or receive and not able to open any of my email folders. No idea how to resolve. Can someone help?...
  8. Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail 2012: since windows 10 updates send link greyed out try as I may I can not resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/live-mail-2012/47c464e1-f0b6-4024-8b75-a054bc6181cf
  9. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent an error has occured"....
  10. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: I am a newbe to this forum. I just bought an I Pad and I am trying to have my emails transfer into it from my Windows Live mail 2012. I know it is no longer support by Micro Soft. The I Pad set up is asking me questions I can't answer. Can anyone help me please? 92086

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open wlm in w10