Windows 10: How long do I have to wait?

Discus and support How long do I have to wait? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We all know that windows 10 updates can take ( in some cases) a considerable length of time to complete. There was a recent update that seemed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Skofab, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Skofab Win User

How long do I have to wait?

We all know that windows 10 updates can take ( in some cases) a considerable length of time to complete.

There was a recent update that seemed to breeze through in the normal way - then came the time of configuration - restart - and a further configuration.
    Screen showed configuration had (apparently) reached 100%. I waited an age, but to all appearances it had just hung. It took well over an hour to finally make it to the end result.

Have I a PC 'problem' here?. Do others have the same experience perhaps.
    Would welcome your comments / observations etc

:)

Skofab, Jan 12, 2018

2. How long do I have to upgrade?

Thank you both for answering.

Ariyan Afrin, Jan 12, 2018
  3. How long do I have to upgrade?

I will not be anywhere near my PC on July 29th, so I cannot upgrade on that day. How long do I have to upgrade to Windows 10?

Ariyan Afrin, Jan 12, 2018
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Hi Skofab. I've had the same thing happen. It might be the result of having only 4Gb of memory for the system to work with. It did restart and its functional now, right?

SoFine409, Jan 12, 2018
  5. Skofab Win User
    Hi SoFine409

No, I foolishly gave up and shut down - I could not wait any longer. I had a macrium back up so recovery was easy. BUT today I have encountered another problem.
    This evening I was under the stairs, and accidentally hit the house power trip switch off!!!!!!!!!
    I restarted - It would seem that my PC may have been in the middle of an update (at the configuration stage?)

Now I have not only a delay in the configuration stage completing BUT as soon as I enter my password and 'select go' the little circle starts to rotate and immediately stops - restating does not correct this problem.

I have 4 windows 10 machines - (2x 32 bit + 2x 64 bit) - the only one that has given trouble is one particular machine 32 bit windows home. In the past, a couple of restarts has got me back to full boot - but not this time!
    I am convinced that it is the same update that is causing this problem - but cannot give KB number at this time.

Your further thoughts and comments welcomed

PS - I should have mentioned that the PC seems to be in a configuration loop!

Skofab, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How long do I have to wait? - Similar Threads - long wait

2. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  3. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  4. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Does anyone know how long I might have to wait for a progress report on this problem?

Does anyone know how long I might have to wait for a progress report on this problem?: For weeks I have been getting a Retry Error message when I try to install Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based systems KB5034441And this message appears: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and...
  6. How long will we have to wait for microsoft to sort this months update error out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will we have to wait for microsoft to sort this months update error out.: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  7. How long will we have to wait for microsoft to sort this months update error out.

How long will we have to wait for microsoft to sort this months update error out.: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  8. How long will we have to wait for microsoft to sort this months update error out.

9. How long after opening a ticket for windows activation should you wait for a call from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long after opening a ticket for windows activation should you wait for a call from the...: I've changed some hardware within my PC mainly the Motherboard and was advised to resintall my OS for best performance. after linking my windows to my micrsoft account, I went ahead with the reset but lost my Windows. I've tried everything suggested and eventually had to open...
  10. How long after opening a ticket for windows activation should you wait for a call from the...

How long after opening a ticket for windows activation should you wait for a call from the...: I've changed some hardware within my PC mainly the Motherboard and was advised to resintall my OS for best performance. after linking my windows to my micrsoft account, I went ahead with the reset but lost my Windows. I've tried everything suggested and eventually had to open...