Windows 10: How long does "getting updates " take?

Discus and support How long does "getting updates " take? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My installation is stuck on "Checking for updates 12% !!!!" I think its been like it for while. Will it get past this or has it crashed? I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by treads, Jul 29, 2015.

1. treads Win User

How long does "getting updates " take?

My installation is stuck on "Checking for updates 12% !!!!"
    I think its been like it for while. Will it get past this or has it crashed?
    I thought the whole point of downloading the ISO file was the updates were done directly from it.
    What the hell is it doing?
    Typical Microsoft , they never give any feedback during their installations. Grrrrrrr!!!

Update: Its just gone to 13%
    BUT HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE OVERALL?
    At this rate I could be here for hours.
    Microsoft are really annoying and egocentric, why don't they provide an overall progress bar at least so people know what's happening, they've been doing this long enough , they should know how frustrating this type of thing is.

:)

treads, Jul 29, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jul 29, 2015
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Jul 29, 2015
  4. How long does "getting updates " take?

It can take quite a while, depending on the server load and your connection speed. Patience is key.

cyberrufus, Jul 29, 2015
  5. treads Win User
    But what was the point of downloading the ISO file if its just going to download a load of stuff anyway.
    why not install the basics first from the disk then get updates from the net as the win7 installation does.
    Sorry but I think this is really bad planning from MS, I'm only on 13% now.
    I could have installed win7 2 or 3 times by now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

treads, Jul 29, 2015
  6. You can decline the updates at setup and just have WU install them later. That's what I do.

cyberrufus, Jul 29, 2015
  7. treads Win User
    Thanks for that info but I didn't notice that option . If only I'd known.

treads, Jul 29, 2015
  8. mjkauer Win User

I have been online for 5 hours waiting for the "getting updates" to complete. what do I do??? This is an awful long time update.

mjkauer, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
  10. wotcha Win User
    Well I think if you are going to contribute to a forum mate, you have to provide a tad more information. I was following the MS Wizard and didn't get this option. So please explain or else this forum loses a bit of cred with these sort of unhelpful posts

wotcha, May 7, 2016
  11. JamedR199 Win User
    JamedR199, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How long does "getting updates " take? - Similar Threads - long does getting

2. How long does a Windows 10 update take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does a Windows 10 update take?: Okay so it's been 4 hours ago when I open my laptop and it automatically start the updates, and until now , the screen show "Working on Updates, Please do not turn off your computer" and also it several times already...
  3. How long does a Windows 10 update take?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long does a Windows 10 update take?: Okay so it's been 4 hours ago when I open my laptop and it automatically start the updates, and until now , the screen show "Working on Updates, Please do not turn off your computer" and also it several times already...
  4. How long does Firmware Update take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does Firmware Update take?: Hi, It's been 1.5 hours since I started to update. How do I know if it is failed or still working? How long does it take?? I read online that it should normally take 30min. Is it possible to know that it is still updating or failed ? How long more should I wait before forcing...
  5. How long does Firmware Update take?

How long does Firmware Update take?: Hi, It's been 1.5 hours since I started to update. How do I know if it is failed or still working? How long does it take?? I read online that it should normally take 30min. Is it possible to know that it is still updating or failed ? How long more should I wait before forcing...
  6. How long does a Windows 10 update take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does a Windows 10 update take?: Okay so about 4 hours ago my computer needed to make updates, so I clicked restart and update and then I'm at the blue screen where it tells me that, "Working on Updates, Please do not turn off your PC, this might take a while, and your PC will restart several times."I...
  7. How long does a Windows 10 update take?

How long does a Windows 10 update take?: Okay so about 4 hours ago my computer needed to make updates, so I clicked restart and update and then I'm at the blue screen where it tells me that, "Working on Updates, Please do not turn off your PC, this might take a while, and your PC will restart several times."I...
  8. How long does a Windows 10 update take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How Long does May 2021 update take?

How Long does May 2021 update take?: Since the settings update set an error, I am using Windows 10 Update assistant. It has been over 3 hours, it is still updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-does-may-2021-update-take/b2426e0f-6dfe-48e3-b03b-b11f16e5465c
  10. How Long Does An Upgrade Take.

How Long Does An Upgrade Take.: How long does it usually take for a reboot/upgrade to finish if it's done from the factory? Is it more than a day or so, I am just looking for answers on this so I don't have to go mad from waiting. 177310

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how long does getting updates take