Windows 10: How long does it take to clone a 1TB hdd with Macrium

Discus and support How long does it take to clone a 1TB hdd with Macrium in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; The process was started three hours ago and its only 59% done is this normal? 95009 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Oct 7, 2017.

1. provlima Win User

How long does it take to clone a 1TB hdd with Macrium

The process was started three hours ago and its only 59% done is this normal?

:)

provlima, Oct 7, 2017

2. HDD to SDD OS transfer

I am trying to clone (or even image) my 1TB-HDD to a Kingston 120GB-SDD. Space is not issue as I'm only using 70GB on the HDD. My problem is sector size. My HDD sectors are 512 (not 512e) and the SDD sectors are 4096. I'm also unable to use my system image/backup
    because it is on a HDD with the same sector size (512). I've tried a number of cloning programs, including Macrium Reflect, with no success. Is there a way around this?

CharlesReeps, Oct 7, 2017
  3. Will Windows 10 with a 1TB HDD work alright with a External SATA HDD cloned drive?

Hi, I'm about to get an External HDD"flat docking station"with an USB 3.0 to clone from my internal HDD. Will it make a difference which drive I use with Windows 10? Also, I'll be cloning this drive from a 1TB drive that only has 130GB on it that's 50%
    fragmented (after I use the defagger) The HDD drive I'll be cloning to is also 1TB, will the fragmented files from the internal HDD show up on the cloned drive? I hope that's not a "dull" question.

deerpark243, Oct 7, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Yes. Depending on how you set it to clone, and what the used space is on the hard drive.

NavyLCDR, Oct 7, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Rough guide - 100 GB can take up to an hour on a low to mid end device, so that timing could be quite reasonable.

cereberus, Oct 7, 2017
  6. Dlambert Win User
    Sector-by-sector clone takes up much more time.

Dlambert, Oct 19, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    Macrium uses smart sector cloning by default. I have never seen need to use old fashioned full bit by bit copying for many years.

cereberus, Oct 20, 2017
  8. How long does it take to clone a 1TB hdd with Macrium

Hi,
    Probably having usb2-3 issues with what ever external device is being used would be my guess.
    But 1tb is a lot of data so I'd guess about 1.5 hours on a good day and 2.5.... on a bad *Smile
    Reflect 7 does seem a lot slower.

ThrashZone, Oct 20, 2017
  9. Bastet Win User
    When I clone my 2Tb windows HD it takes about 5 hours.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How long does it take to clone a 1TB hdd with Macrium - Similar Threads - long does clone

2. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  3. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Support
    How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  4. How long does it take to update from 1909 to 2004 on an HDD?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long does it take to update from 1909 to 2004 on an HDD?: Hello, I have Windows 10 set to delay feature updates a year so they can work all the kinks out. my current build version is 18363.1556 and I use Windows 10 Pro. Excluding the time it takes to install, what is the downtime (as in the time I can't access my computer whilte its...
  5. How Long Does An Upgrade Take.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Long Does An Upgrade Take.: How long does it usually take for a reboot/upgrade to finish if it's done from the factory? Is it more than a day or so, I am just looking for answers on this so I don't have to go mad from waiting. 177310
  6. How long does it take to run chkdsk on a 3tb HDD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long does it take to run chkdsk on a 3tb HDD?: So, my 3tb HDD has been having problems with bad locks (like 52 thousands of them) and I decided to run a chkdsk on CMD. The command I'm running is this one: chkdsk D: /f /r /x /b The ETA for stage 5 to complete is 874:37:17 Is that actually the correct time? 874...
  7. How long should it take to defrag 1TB HDD on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How long should it take to defrag 1TB HDD on Windows 10?: I am using my laptop with 1TB of HDD storage and windows 10 with Intel i5 8th Gen CPU and 8 GB of RAM configuration. How long should it take for deframantation for around 60% used of 1TB HDD?...
  8. Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????: I want to do a clone backup of my laptop that has an SSD for the OS and program files and an HDD for the data files I am unsure of how to do a clone backup involving the two drive configuration As seen in the capture below do I clone the two drives separately to their...
  9. How long does it take to reset Windows with a 5 TB HDD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How long does it take to reset Windows with a 5 TB HDD?: Hello Everybody Yesterday I decided to reset my Windows 10 64-bit installation. Specifically I wanted to make a clean install of Windows using the system's own tools following this tutorial Reset Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials I selected the option of...
  10. Cloning 1TB hdd to 25GB ssd? Can it be done?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cloning 1TB hdd to 25GB ssd? Can it be done?: Hello first off yes I know 1TB is way bigger than 525Gb but my dell inspiron 3650 isn't even a month old yet and I have only used 178 Gb total from the HDD. So my question is should I still be able to clone the hdd with 178Gb used(includes hidde to the ssd which has 475Gb...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How long does it take to clone a hard drive

2. how long to clone a 1tb drive

3. how long does macrium reflect take#

4. inland ilpd01t-u3 how long to clone,
  5. aska duo dock x2 how long does a clone take,
  6. how long does it take to create a 1tb hdd image,
  7. how long it takes to clone a 1 tb hdd,
  8. how long does macrium reflect take to clone a drive?