Windows 10: How long does it take to reset Windows with a 5 TB HDD?

Discus and support How long does it take to reset Windows with a 5 TB HDD? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello Everybody Yesterday I decided to reset my Windows 10 64-bit installation. Specifically I wanted to make a clean install of Windows using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Wiss, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Wiss Win User

How long does it take to reset Windows with a 5 TB HDD?

Hello Everybody

Yesterday I decided to reset my Windows 10 64-bit installation. Specifically I wanted to make a clean install of Windows using the system's own tools following this tutorial

Reset Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

I selected the option of fully cleaning the drive (the longer option). My C drive is a Toshiba X300 with 5 TB and 7200 RPM SATA 3. At this moment the process has been taking 14 hours. How long should I expect it to take?

Also I have other hard drives on my machine, but I instructed Windows not to touch them, just clean the 5 TB Toshiba.

Thanks in advance

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

How long does it generally take to reset a windows 10 computer?

Reset should take less than an hour unless you have things wrong.

It looks like you have access to another computer.

Go to the Media Creation Tool and burn a bootable DVD and use it to reboot your computer. This will give you a clean install and there will not be any of your old programs or data left. Hope you made a backup.

Media Creation Tool;

Download Windows 10

This gives you the latest public release build. 14393.xxx

lacrumb, Oct 23, 2017
  3. How long does it generally take to reset a windows 10 computer?

For some strange reason the wifi on my computer wouldnt turn on and then a few weeks later the mousepad stopped working so, i decided to reset the computer and its literally been resetting for about 15 hours now! Idk if its suppose to be resetting for
    this long or if there is just something deeply wrong with my computer. It already finished up to 100% but now its just sitting there with a blank screen with the loading circle and that was 10 hours ago.

CherylLoke, Oct 23, 2017
  4. How long does it take to reset Windows with a 5 TB HDD?

Hi Wiss. If the clean is doing a type of low level format then the answer is days. I did a low level format on a 4TB drive and as I recall it took two days. Depending on what a secure erase entails, many days. I think at one time a secure erase was three passes.

Not sure why you picked this as your are keeping machine.

There are other alternatives, like getting software from MS and clean installing.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 24, 2017
  5. Wiss Win User
    Hello, sorry for replying so late.

It's funny, but the formatting finished about 30 minutes after I started this thread, so the total time was nearly 15 hours. I made the full format because my hard drive was experiencing a few issues, and I thought they could be solved by doing the deeper format. Now everything works perfectly.

Thanks!

Wiss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How long does it take to reset Windows with a 5 TB HDD?

1. How long does it take to reset Windows with a 5 TB HDD? - Similar Threads - long does reset

2. how long does reset this computer take?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how long does reset this computer take?: Recovery saves my files mode, screen shows getting things ready, and this shouldn't take long, but seems to be stalled. How long should I wait? Norton virus scanner is stalling too. Reason I am attempting to use recovery mode....
  3. how long does reset this computer take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how long does reset this computer take?: Recovery saves my files mode, screen shows getting things ready, and this shouldn't take long, but seems to be stalled. How long should I wait? Norton virus scanner is stalling too. Reason I am attempting to use recovery mode....
  4. how long does reset this computer take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How long does it take to update from 1909 to 2004 on an HDD?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long does it take to update from 1909 to 2004 on an HDD?: Hello, I have Windows 10 set to delay feature updates a year so they can work all the kinks out. my current build version is 18363.1556 and I use Windows 10 Pro. Excluding the time it takes to install, what is the downtime (as in the time I can't access my computer whilte its...
  6. How long does it take to run chkdsk on a 3tb HDD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long does it take to run chkdsk on a 3tb HDD?: So, my 3tb HDD has been having problems with bad locks (like 52 thousands of them) and I decided to run a chkdsk on CMD. The command I'm running is this one: chkdsk D: /f /r /x /b The ETA for stage 5 to complete is 874:37:17 Is that actually the correct time? 874...
  7. How long does a full Windows reset take?

How long does a full Windows reset take?: So i messed up something in the registry and decided to make a windows reset and deleting everything on my drives. Now how long is this normally gonna take? Im waiting already 2 hours. Thanks for any help. submitted by /u/temp24623767 [link] [comments]...
  8. How long should system restore take on a 1 TB hdd?

How long should system restore take on a 1 TB hdd?: After an update I installed, my pc wasn't booting properly so I restored my pc to the last point. I read from most news articles that it shouldn't take more than 40 minutes, but it's been an hour and a half and I think it might be stuck. What do I do? submitted by /u/kevlu8...
  9. How long does reset/wipe take?

How long does reset/wipe take?: I will have to power off my PC soon... It's been 3 hours and i can't see any progress bar. If I power off my PC what happens? submitted by /u/anotherthrowaway2ns3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ey0gsq/how_long_does_resetwipe_take/
  10. How long does it take to clone a 1TB hdd with Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How long does it take to clone a 1TB hdd with Macrium: The process was started three hours ago and its only 59% done is this normal? 95009