Windows 10: How long for DM Log to collect data?

Discus and support How long for DM Log to collect data? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How long does the DM logger take to run? I know it says "a while" but it's been going for more than 30 mins now. Over 30 *Redface 44564 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SteveKent, Mar 18, 2016.

1. SteveKent Win User

How long for DM Log to collect data?

How long does the DM logger take to run?

I know it says "a while" but it's been going for more than 30 mins now.

Over 30 *Redface

:)

SteveKent, Mar 18, 2016

2. WIN 10 BSOD, seems completely random.

Here is another LINK with all relevant info and logs collected by the Windows 10 Forum DM Log Collector Tool

XxInvictus, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Lumia 830 Camera error code: 0xA00F4271(0xC00D3704)

I've expanded the log collection to other mobile devices. As long as you upvote a feedback report from the feedback hub or post a new feedback report per the instructions I posted above log collection should get triggered.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom A - Windows Camera Platform Team [MSFT], Mar 18, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Take a screenshot of the desktop, and stop the DM log collector.
    Let us see the screenshot, it will let s know at which stage the hang occurred.

Thema:

1. How long for DM Log to collect data? - Similar Threads - long Log collect

2. How long is the "collecting Information" stage supposed to last.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long is the "collecting Information" stage supposed to last.: Hello, I decided to do a fresh install of Windows on my SSD and chose windows 10 Pro N as the OS. I'm currently on the "windows setup screen" and deleted all the partitions on my SSD, so all that's left on there is "Drive 0 Unallocated Space". I then selected the "Drive 0...
  3. How long is the "collecting Information" stage supposed to last.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long is the "collecting Information" stage supposed to last.: Hello, I decided to do a fresh install of Windows on my SSD and chose windows 10 Pro N as the OS. I'm currently on the "windows setup screen" and deleted all the partitions on my SSD, so all that's left on there is "Drive 0 Unallocated Space". I then selected the "Drive 0...
  4. How long is the "collecting Information" stage supposed to last.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Name of Microsoft Tools for Log Collection, Long time to reboot, Long time to come Out of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name of Microsoft Tools for Log Collection, Long time to reboot, Long time to come Out of...: Hello, We have Windows 10 Machines that take time to reboot or come back to login screen. it takes 8 minutes to reboot and 6-7 minutes for machine to come out of Standby mode. Sometimes MIC or Camera stop working. Please suggest which Microsoft Tools can be used to collect...
  6. Random Crashes with loud static sound - DM Log included

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Crashes with loud static sound - DM Log included: Hello, I have reached out to Win10 "Contact Support" and they had me do a complete update to my OS. I thought I was in the clear because I had a couple days go by with no crashes, but now they're back. I continue to see these 2 entries in my event viewer and can't help but...
  7. dm log collector.exe "generating msinfo report" taking an hour

dm log collector.exe "generating msinfo report" taking an hour: Hi. I am hoping to post a BSoD issue but the dm log collector executable is taking quite long. I see it should take a while, but just wondering if it has stopped? The green bar has been in the same position for at least an hour (see attached). My original BSoD...
  8. Cannot run DM log Collector Tool

Cannot run DM log Collector Tool: Hi I have had a BSOD and want to run the DM Log Collector tool as instructed in the BSOD forum, so I can post on that forum, however when I try to run the tool I get this message "This app can't run on your PC. (see attached Picture) Any ideas what I am doing wrong....
  9. DM Log tool problem

DM Log tool problem: I have BSOD crashes every couple hours. It is not a heat issue. My screen either goes to the BSOD screen ot it just goes black and restarts. I have tried to run the dm log tool and when I do it results in two files on my desktop, one is temp.txt, the other is xxx zipIt.vbs. I...
  10. How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10: How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10 Windows 10 now comes with the telemetry feature enabled by default which collects all sorts of user activity and sends it to Microsoft. Unfortunately, Microsoft has provided no way to disable it completely using...