Windows 10: How long should it take to open a web page?

Discus and support How long should it take to open a web page? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had great hopes for Windows 10 and edge for some fast webpage loadinbg but because of several things I didn't like and problems I have gone back to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by woldsweather, Aug 2, 2015.

1. How long should it take to open a web page?

I had great hopes for Windows 10 and edge for some fast webpage loadinbg but because of several things I didn't like and problems I have gone back to 8.1.

Just wondered whether it was normal for a webpage to take on average 30 seconds to open (depending on its content I suppose)?

...and is there a way to speed up browsing?

:)

woldsweather, Aug 2, 2015

2. How long should it take to reset a C1-01?

I started a soft reset on my C1-01 about 3 hours ago and it's still going. At what point to I give up? And what do I do if it doesn't complete properly?

AyaMcCabre, Aug 2, 2015
  3. timkamat Win User
    How long should it take to reset a C1-01?

A reset should not take anything more than 10 min(that too in case of advanced smartphones). For a phone like C1-01, it should be around 2 min or so. Seems something went wrong with your phone. Remove memory card and try forced reboot.

timkamat, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

How long should it take to open a web page?

I just timed several different web pages on my system and it seems that it does take over a second. Not quite two seconds, but I was just timing it by say "one thousand one, one thousand two." Never quite got to "one thousand two."

This is with Edge on a Windows 10 system. Same exact results with Chrome.

Rocky, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

How long should it take to open a web page?

1. How long should it take to open a web page? - Similar Threads - long should open

2. 1903 d/l and install-- how long should it take

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 d/l and install-- how long should it take: I have a new Acer laptop. It is fast and has a SSD drive. I recently had it updated to 1809. It now says 1903 is ready to be d/l and installed. Of course, I read the forums and read about all the issues. What should I expect? How long should it take? Am I just better off...
  3. Web pages don't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web pages don't open: Most of the time, Web pages don't open. Usually, the Network diagnostics say it's a DNS server problem. Otherwise, they say they can't identify the problem. I've tried all the fixes proposed by Microsoft advisors and those I could find on the Web - all to no avail.* I...
  4. How long should a windows 10 reset take?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How long should a windows 10 reset take?: I have did a remove just my files reset yesterday at 8pm and as of not its 5:07 and it looks like its stuck at 2% im scared to do a hard restart so what should i do...
  5. It takes a long time to load web paged. It seem to happen recently using windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It takes a long time to load web paged. It seem to happen recently using windows 10: My computer seems to be very slow especially using the web. It takes a very long time to load pages. Using Mozilla and windows 10. Al D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-takes-a-long-time-to-load-web-paged-it-seem-to/caaa17b1-11e6-4553-9035-bf6d2280ae71
  6. How long should a "downgrade" back to win 7 take?

How long should a "downgrade" back to win 7 take?: It yet didnt finish after around 4 and a half hours. I just have a black screen with a cursor on it. I can open task manager with ctrl+alt+delete but when i do it the disk usage really drops for like 40 minutes. I did this twice lol. But right now the hdd light is non stop...
  7. Web pages taking ages to finish loading

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages taking ages to finish loading: I use Win10 on a fast broadband connection (100Mbps) will lowish ping rates. I notice that more and more web sites are taking a long time to finish loading. They start very fast indeed, but are incomplete and it can take up to a minute before the screen has finished...
  8. How Long Does It Take You to Open Devices & Printers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Long Does It Take You to Open Devices & Printers?: When I go to Control Panel > Devices & Printers, it takes a good 20 seconds for the progress bar to move across the window and the Devices & Printers window to open. How long does it take everyone else here? Is this normal? 39249
  9. DISM: How long should the DISM scan take to complete ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM: How long should the DISM scan take to complete ?: Normally when a tests completes without reporting anything wrong I'm happy camper. I have been wanting to ask a question about the DISM "scan" completing rather quickly. I seem to remember the command taking some time to finish, but for a while now the command Dism...
  10. How long should preparation for upgrade take?

How long should preparation for upgrade take?: I am upgrading from Windows 7 on a brand new computer. It has been in the "Getting your upgrade ready" stage for at least seven hours and, in fact, has been at 99 percent for at least an hour Is this normal? If not, what should I do? 56870