Windows 10: How long to restore

Discus and support How long to restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How long should it take to restore my laptop? I just bought it and screwed it up and I was advised to restore and start over. It’s been sitting on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michelle.1234, Aug 12, 2018.

1. How long to restore

How long should it take to restore my laptop? I just bought it and screwed it up and I was advised to restore and start over. It’s been sitting on the Sam screen for an hour now.

:)

Michelle.1234, Aug 12, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How long to restore [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Pinchy Win User
    windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

How long to restore

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, *Smile

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

How long to restore

1. How long to restore - Similar Threads - long restore

2. Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11: Last night April 21 2024 at 9:00 PM, I tried System Restore with my 4 month old HP Pavilion 15 laptop because I was dealing with issues on installing a program, and it took me an average of 30 minutes.After I did System Restore on startup, Windows gives me this popup screen...
  3. Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11: Last night April 21 2024 at 9:00 PM, I tried System Restore with my 4 month old HP Pavilion 15 laptop because I was dealing with issues on installing a program, and it took me an average of 30 minutes.After I did System Restore on startup, Windows gives me this popup screen...
  4. Restarting after system restore -How long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting after system restore -How long?: I stupidly decided to restart while windows was installing updates. It wasn't showing a percentage, but was enough to cause system errors.As I was unable to start windows I decided to do a system repair. As the first restore point was unsuccessful, I decided on the second...
  5. Restarting after system restore -How long?

Restarting after system restore -How long?: I stupidly decided to restart while windows was installing updates. It wasn't showing a percentage, but was enough to cause system errors.As I was unable to start windows I decided to do a system repair. As the first restore point was unsuccessful, I decided on the second...
  6. Restarting after system restore -How long?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How can I restore files that have been deleted a long time ago?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore files that have been deleted a long time ago?: I already tried going to recycle bin and they are not there. I tried using google and all the options that they had available and none of those tips and tricks worked. I log into my old device and they are still there but it shows that they are uploaded to the cloud and have...
  8. How can I restore files that have been deleted a long time ago?

How can I restore files that have been deleted a long time ago?: I already tried going to recycle bin and they are not there. I tried using google and all the options that they had available and none of those tips and tricks worked. I log into my old device and they are still there but it shows that they are uploaded to the cloud and have...
  9. How long does the average system restore take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long does the average system restore take?: I think I have a corrupted profile. I just now found out that I have a system restore point that was before the power outage occurred during a Windows Defender scan. So, I'm hoping doing a system restore will fix this.Does anyone know for a fact that it will? Or does it at...
  10. How long does the average system restore take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does the average system restore take?: I think I have a corrupted profile. I just now found out that I have a system restore point that was before the power outage occurred during a Windows Defender scan. So, I'm hoping doing a system restore will fix this.Does anyone know for a fact that it will? Or does it at...