Windows 10: How long to wait for notification, to install 10?

Discus and support How long to wait for notification, to install 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Waiting for notification from Microsoft to install Windows Ten. Files downloaded by Microsoft, are on hard drive, for a couple of days now. Reading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sasafried, Jul 29, 2015.

1. sasafried Win User

How long to wait for notification, to install 10?

Waiting for notification from Microsoft to install Windows Ten.
    Files downloaded by Microsoft, are on hard drive, for a couple of days now.
    Reading info, says compatible.

Just how long does it take to get the "good to go" install go ahead?
    More info says days to weeks. Does anybody have the timeline for the rollout for each country?
    I read NZ first, US next. What about up north, in Canada? Could lack of AMD APU driver support,
    be stalling MS approval for install?

Exciting anticipation, in the waiting process.
    Any stats for US. Are they pretty much upgraded now?

:)

sasafried, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 Notification takes too long to wait for activation

Hello! It's ready right now. But I have another problem, its error. I've tried everything, rebooting, cleaning, checking the systems, everything. And I checked the community website and I followed everything. But this message annoying me, it repeated ten
    times. Could please someone explain why? How long to wait for notification, to install 10? :(

How long to wait for notification, to install 10? [​IMG]

ChristineZiarajh, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Notification takes too long to wait for activation

I'm using HP Stream Notebook with Windows 8.1 and I am already reserving for the Windows 10 upgrade, and it says to wait on July 29 to install and it said I will get a notification once its ready to install. To make my memory space larger, I uninstall some
    of my installed programs so that when I get the Windows 10, I can reinstall them again.

But the bad news is, its August and the notification is still on my desktop and takes too long of waiting. I checked the PC and it says "YOU'RE GOOD TO GO" but WHEN? My friends have already Windows 10 on their PCs and I'm irritated. Someone please let me
    know why. How long to wait for notification, to install 10? :(

ChristineZiarajh, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Windowz10 Win User

The mentioned in a post somewhere, or twitter, that Canadians would be 1 week later.

That being said, you can force the update anyway.

I am new to the forums, so don't really have all the key posts saved/bookmarked at present.

Hopefully Brink will see this and provide you with a link to forcing the download.

Windowz10, Jul 29, 2015
  5. sasafried Win User
    Reading other posts, tell me probably won't work.
    Can iso work as an upgrade option,
    or is it only for clean install after upgrade activation?

sasafried, Jul 29, 2015
  6. sasafried Win User
    After reading one week for CANADA to upgrade, became impatient.

This is what I did.
    I downloaded and made the iso on dvd disk. Very fast.
    Did not reboot, just opened the disk,(regular Windows).
    It checks for updates, asks what to keep, well except for media center, (not in Windows 10),
    and starts to install. Looks like a pro.
    Then it reboots into the other reboot environment asking for windows key. Now turns dumb.
    Have to enter multiple keys from original 8 pro to two versions of 8 and 8.1 with media center., rejects all,
    I tell it to skip multiple times, gradually shows percentage updating. repeat, repeat, repeat.
    Microsoft, you get a 1 out of 5 from me. You make it overly complicated to do a simple upgrade.
    MS keeps thinking to do a different install.
    You haven’t changed all these years.
    You really tick me off sometimes, but I still love you.

Finally reboots into Windows 10 with all my files and settings. Yes.
    Check out the free solitaire-Terrible.
    I want the high quality good looking original from Windows 7
    "How to geek" saves the day, with original solitaire. Yes.
    Check out if "Classic shell start menu" still works, to reminisce the good old days. Yes, works fine.
    Check to see if 8 gadgets still work, requires repair. Bam, works again. Yes.
    Check if anything odd in "Device Manager". No problems. Yes.
    Check if activated. Yes.
    Sigh, was it worth it going the fast upgrade way? Guess, better than clean install.
    At some later time, would like to do that, just happy nothing was lost.

Thank you MS.

sasafried, Jul 29, 2015
  7. 24C
    24c Win User
    "I want the high quality good looking original from Windows 7"

Thanks for the reminder, had those games sitting on my Files drive - all good now - red felt rules.
    I do like the new games, but the UI is awful - green felt gotta go.

8. sasafried Win User

I still like the green.
    The old one gives the option of a number of different backgrounds.

Ah, the stress of upgrading has subsided. All is well. Peace to all.
    May everyone find harmony in the universe.*Smile

sasafried, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How long to wait for notification, to install 10? - Similar Threads - long wait notification

2. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  3. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  4. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How long do I need to wait for Windows 11 to install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long do I need to wait for Windows 11 to install?: I have just upgraded my computer and had to buy a new Windows 11. It went through all installation until I got a message saying "Making sure you're ready to install."This has been going now for about 18 hours. How much longer is it going to take?Is there something I can do to...
  6. How long to wait post restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long to wait post restart?: I updated my laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I thought my laptop had been auto updated. It had not, so this was a big upgrade and went slowly. Finally got it 100% downloaded and to the point where it wanted to restart. Hit yes, and now I’ve been at a black...
  7. How long to wait post restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long to wait post restart?: I updated my laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I thought my laptop had been auto updated. It had not, so this was a big upgrade and went slowly. Finally got it 100% downloaded and to the point where it wanted to restart. Hit yes, and now I’ve been at a black...
  8. How long to wait post restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How long should chdsk be waited for?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should chdsk be waited for?: I ran chkdsk /r C: because of some issues and it's been stuck for numerous hours at 100% done. I'm just wondering at what point should I just pull the plug and see if anything is fixed/more broken submitted by /u/Grakchawwaa [link] [comments]...
  10. long wait to restart Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long wait to restart Windows 10: why doe's it take so long to restart Windows 10 46331