Windows 10: How long until Cortina will be able to preform actual tasks?

Discus and support How long until Cortina will be able to preform actual tasks? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I have The feature now, I changed my region to US, and there she was... so pretty! Anyway, I'm south Australian so I downloaded the speech package... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by riverjack22, Jun 14, 2015.

1. How long until Cortina will be able to preform actual tasks?

So, I have The feature now, I changed my region to US, and there she was... so pretty! Anyway, I'm south Australian so I downloaded the speech package and all is well. She pretty much understands all that I say, albeit, she doesn't hang around long to finish hearing me out sometimes! lol (probably a setting for this hidden somewhere? There was a speed setting in earlier builds I recall)
    My question is when will i be able to say for example, "Hey Cortina, sign me into hotmail?" or ask her to do something that would actually differentiate her from the speech option on google chrome, for example? I know that's what its aimed at but it does, in its early stages seem to be trending toward just another voice driven search mechanism.*Huh
    Agree or disagree?*really
    Please do reply to the thread if you know more about how to utilize Sweet Cortina, I'm totally new and the tutorials are great if you don't speak like a bushman, as I do! They also seem to tutor as if she is a finished feature. She needs a lot of work yet, and I think there should be more official content on how to really use her, from update to update, as she stands, with her limitations etc.

Cheers Lads and kind lady's of this wonderful forum, let me know what you think!*Wink

regards,

:)

riverjack22, Jun 14, 2015

2. Will I be able to preform a fresh install of Win10 with my free upgrade?

I want to know if an ISO image of Win10 will be available to people who reserved their copy of Win10.

Also during the installation will I use my existing Win7 key or will I receive a new Win10 key?

Brady Dean, Jun 14, 2015
  3. Will I be able to preform a fresh install of Win10 with my free upgrade?

You can do a custom install which is a clean install. I would advise you not to format the hard disk using the ISO image since a compliance check will likely need to be done.

How
    to: Do a custom installation of Windows

Andre Da Costa, Jun 14, 2015
  4. How long until Cortina will be able to preform actual tasks?

(I origionally posted this in the email forum, but I thought it would be better suited here)

So, I have The feature now, I changed my region to US, and there she was... so pretty! Anyway, I'm south Australian so I downloaded the speech package and all is well. She pretty much understands all that I say, albeit, she doesn't hang around long to finish hearing me out sometimes! lol (probably a setting for this hidden somewhere? There was a speed setting in earlier builds I recall)
    My question is when will i be able to say for example, "Hey Cortina, sign me into hotmail?" or ask her to do something that would actually differentiate her from the speech option on google chrome, for example? I know that's what its aimed at but it does, in its early stages seem to be trending toward just another voice driven search mechanism.*Huh
    Agree or disagree?*really
    Please do reply to the thread if you know more about how to utilize Sweet Cortina, I'm totally new and the tutorials are great if you don't speak like a bushman, as I do! They also seem to tutor as if she is a finished feature. She needs a lot of work yet, and I think there should be more official content on how to really use her, from update to update, as she stands, with her limitations etc.

Cheers Lads and kind lady's of this wonderful forum, let me know what you think!*Wink

regards,

riverjack22, Jun 14, 2015
  5. Win Droid Win User
    I expect Cortana to have a personality and be able to ask her anything via voice. Furthermore, I expect to be able to personalize her for me only on my pc - ie, I could teach her my credit card number for when I forget it or my wife's birthday and she wouldn't share that with the web.. she'd build a private database just for her interaction as my Personal Assistant. My perfect idea of Cortana will have good Artificial Intelligence who could have long conversations with you about anything and make sense with personality.

Microsoft has the money and resources. If they create Cortana right ... do all of the above as well as full voice system integration then Cortana will be Awesome. If they leave Cortana as no more than a Microsoft version of a Siri clone then they will have missed a good opportunity to change the way we compute and thus change the world forever. In my book Cortana is to be The Brain of your OS as alive and thinking as possible.

Win Droid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How long until Cortina will be able to preform actual tasks?

1. How long until Cortina will be able to preform actual tasks? - Similar Threads - long until Cortina

2. How long will Microsoft support windows 10 and until how long I'll be able to upgrade...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will Microsoft support windows 10 and until how long I'll be able to upgrade...: Hi, How long will Microsoft support windows 10 and until how long I'll be able to upgrade windows 11 from windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-will-microsoft-support-windows-10-and/c62dfb37-4da6-4734-a38e-90388a210e72
  3. How long will Microsoft support windows 10 and until how long I'll be able to upgrade...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long will Microsoft support windows 10 and until how long I'll be able to upgrade...: Hi, How long will Microsoft support windows 10 and until how long I'll be able to upgrade windows 11 from windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-will-microsoft-support-windows-10-and/c62dfb37-4da6-4734-a38e-90388a210e72
  4. How to set how long until screen locks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to set how long until screen locks: How to set how long until screen locks, and especially how to make it ask for the password once it locks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-how-long-until-screen-locks/1a1ce9ab-4739-48f4-8292-c4de376a7cf7
  5. How long until 20H2 auto-installs itself ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long until 20H2 auto-installs itself ?: So just wanted to know this because i literally have no idea and for me i think 2004 automatically forced installed if i remember right. If i am on 2004 right now how long it will be until 20H2 will force install itself on my PC just like 2004 did last year ? I mean how...
  6. how to type to cortina

in Cortana
    how to type to cortina: HOW TO TYPE TO CORTINA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-type-to-cortina/2e7f33db-0899-4d33-8fac-010d3d869a91"
  7. Cortina

in Cortana
    Cortina: I want to purchase a microphone. So i can talk my text on window 10 desktop. Wht do i need? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortina/eda50f09-dcfc-46eb-8948-bc12d80374c9"
  8. How long until Windows.old is deleted?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How long until Windows.old is deleted?: I cannot find a firm answer but how long is until windows 10 automatically deletes/cleans up windows.old? I know one can run disk clean up but I was curious to know. I thought it was 7 days but 1809 was installed just over a week ago. I’ve left my machine idle for an hour but...
  9. How long until Windows.old is deleted?

in Windows 10 Support
    How long until Windows.old is deleted?: I cannot find a firm answer but how long is until windows 10 automatically deletes/cleans up windows.old? I know one can run disk clean up but I was curious to know. I thought it was 7 days but 1809 was installed just over a week ago. I’ve left my machine idle for an hour but...
  10. Cortina permanently ON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortina permanently ON: For some unknown reason the "Start" box remains continually turned on. Anyone know how to turn it off please? See attached screen shot for example. Cheers, 97128